Saturday, May 26, 2007

Knitting is my Boyfriend

FOR NOW!

I swear my friends are always asking me "What are you going to do this evening?" or "So what did you do this weekend?" and my answer has been consistently KNITTING! :oD

Every night without a shadow of a doubt I am actually knitting!! Yipee!!
This is amazing considering the moment it hits 70 degrees outside I put my needles down! LOL

But this year I have made the commitment to not be a seasonal knitter and actually KNIT thru the spring and summer! I truly believe that the few knit clubs I am in (3), my fav people at my fav LYS, and blogging keeps me motivated! I HEART ALL THE KNITTERS I KNOW! :o)

I had to review my past week and it was jammed packed with knitting!
~SNB group on Monday night,
~Wednesday night knit club
~Thursday night crochet/knit club
~Saturday Charlotte Purls knit club

WOW and all that in between working on knit projects, lusting over yarns/patterns, reading knit books, or keeping up with my knit blog and other knitter blogs too!! Hahaha!

I have discovered and confess that I have been consumed with knitting and it has become my part-time boyfriend! :op This is something else!
And I am sure I will be able to balance it all when that significant other does pop up in my life as you all seem to do so well! Again..y'all are inspiration to me!

So I sat overjoyed with all my knitting buddies today at my fav LYS and discovered we were in a knitting circle (or more precisely a lopsided oval - as someone pointed out) clicking our needles away for a brief moment of silence (very brief! LOL)

Just look and see how much fun and concentration we have when we get together!


More fun stuff this weekend coming my way! I have a package waiting for me that I am going to pick up tomorrow (hope it is from my SP!) and can't wait to get it!

Just because y'all are on vacation doesn't mean I am from blogging! LOL
In fact, I have even more time to blog!! :op ....for now! ;o)

9 Comments:

  1. turtlegirl76 said...
    Today was really fun!

    And yes. I've already finished the capelet. It's blocking now. Took a grand total of not even 5 hours.
    funfairiegirl said...
    Sad I missed yesterday, but Jean Marie and I had a great time visiting other yarn shops in other towns and buying foreign yarn :)

    The actual boyfriend will be in town next weekend, so I don't think I will make it up unless it is to bring him by.
    Adrienne said...
    TEE HEE!!! Glad you are having a good time knitting girl!
    Anonymous said...
    looks like y'all had tons of fun!!! i *heart* ya right back, girl! it's so much fun to have knitter friends all over the place. :-D
    Erica Bunker said...
    And knitting is better than any anti-depressant... it keeps you sane!
    Anonymous said...
    that is too funny, yeah I've been spending a lot of time with my yarn, lol
    Anonymous said...
    I know I am so glad I found knitting - it is one of the things that makes me the happiest! I just knit different things when it gets hotter outside; work with cotton or mostly cotton blends, etc. Sounds like you had a major knitting week!
    Still Patrice said...
    You have been hella busy! Yall all look so comfy :p I wanna knit :( lol
    BrownBerry said...
    Linked here from Urbanknitrix - glad to find your blog. Your profile description is wonderful! So well said.

    Happy knitting!

Post a Comment