Sunday, April 15, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

Well here is a chance for others to get to know me in my knitting hobby. And just maybe I will end up with more than one mystery gift along the way! ;o)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't like to knit with 'novelty' yarns like chenille, fun fur, eyelash..anything foo foo!

I would like to try the Malabrigo Malabrigo & Manos del Uruguay yarns, Knit One, Crochet Too - Ty Dy (for a future project in Cafe Latte), silk Habu Textiles, Soy Silk, or Cascade Fixation Sprayed Dye as a pair of socks!
Because I have yet to knit with any of these yarns!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have the Denise needles so that has their own case, and the Harmonies with their bag.
Thank goodness or my needles would be everywhere just lost!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My knitting story is right here:
http://crimsonpurl.blogspot.com/2007/03/i-finally-did-it.html

I would consider myself a beginner intermediate now.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have an Amazon button in my sidebar!

5. What's your favorite scent?
Really like the scent of coconut (love Body Shop's butter and scrub) and lavender scents. Other than that I really don't get into "fruity" stuff. I am really particular about scents, plus I have really sensitive skin.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a terrible sweet tooth! I have a fetish for chocolate covered cherries (Cellas only) or strawberries (in love w/ Godiva's!)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Knitting is the most crafty thing I do at this time! And I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love gospel and R&B music mainly. Artists such as Fred Hammond, Joanne Rosario, Jill Scott, Robin Thicke, Teena Marie, KEM, Maxwell, Luther Vandross, etc.
I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I LOVE bright red and deep purple (like an eggplant purple).
I also like to see them in combos of red & chocolate or purple & chocolate.

I always wear/have red, black, and white in my wardrobe.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just me, and no 4 legged animals! :o) I couldn't even keep my beta fishes alive!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, No, Yes (Eunny's Anemoi Mittens are to die for! I am going to knit those up one day when I am all grown up!!), and Sure.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now top down sweaters/garments! :op Learning how to do those and possibly my next project will be the Flair.
I also have a thing for baby items - even though I do not have any kids! :op

13. What are you knitting right now?
Ooh check my OTN status bar it could be anything!! :o)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I would love handmade socks!! I have never had anyone knit me up a pair.
I can never get enough of handmade stitch markers too.
Anything personalized in my fav colors is very much appreciated!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Always on circulars. I love them! There is a very rare moment that you may see me on straights. And rarely knit on metal.

I'd love to get my hands on some Addi Turbo Natura Circulars in 40" for the smaller sizes like US 2 to ML socks. And could always use extra US 5 - 7 Harmony tips since I have noticed a lot of patterns I like call for these sizes.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes and yes! Gotta have the essential knitting appliances! :o)

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years old now :op It is my Noni bag has just been sitting on my needles since spring 2006! My "plan" is to get it done by the end of this year so I can sport it during the fall season!
We will see..... :o)

18. What is your favorite holiday?
CHRISTmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Unique elephants w/ their trunks up (I am in a sorority - Delta Sigma Theta)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Yes, I have a wish list on Amazon.com (button on my sidebar) of the books I would like by 'priority' of interest.

I love custom made/unique stitch markers!

I used to do subscriptions but can get the mags cheaper at the box chain stores with my coupons!

I would love to get my hands on the Rebecca pattern mags (since that is so hard to get locally).
I have a serious jones for Simply Knitting and their promotional gifts. I am always trying to make it to B.orders to get their issues!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, improve my crocheting skills since I only know how to do the basics to get thru some of my knitted garments.

I would also like to learn how to seam a sweater correctly (hence why I like top/down patterns right now).

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I just started to warm my needles up with sock knitting and plan to sharpen up my skills soon!
Especially made knitted socks just for me would put me over the moon!!! I think that is the best gift ever!

I am a US size 7.5 in a woman's shoe. I don't know my exact foot measurements.

23. When is your birthday?
I just celebrated one! April 8th

5 Comments:

  1. elle said...
    Now I feel silly about my earlier post!

    May I add you to my blogroll, Soror? I'm trying to link blogging Deltas.
    Anonymous said...
    Dearest Pal,

    I am so looking forward to getting to know you. What a great questionnaire, with lots of intriguing ideas to get me started with. Please feel free to email whenever you want at sirknitsalot(at)yahoo(dot)com

    I'll be in touch soon, maybe with a few more questions so I can really hone in on what your inner knitter needs ;)

    Your Secretest of Pals,
    Sir Knitsalot
    SissySees said...
    Elephants. Now there's a tip to file away as I shop...
    Anonymous said...
    Hi- I'm an angel from SP10 - I will be sending off a package to you this week. I hope you enjoy and sorry for your non participant. I have been in about 4 SP's and I haven't had this happen but please don't let it discourage you from doing it again. When you get a great SP you will understand and chalk this one up to "one in a million" - I hope! Hope you enjoy your package :) Angel from SP10
    Anonymous said...
    No, No! Look for TWO packages.

    I'm Angelling (is that a verb? It probably should be) you too. It's like having multiple fairy godmothers -- you're practically a Disney princess!

    My package will go out within a week and I'll send it priority.

    XOXO
    Angel 2, the sequel

Post a Comment