Monday, July 09, 2007

Color Swap Questionnaire

~ Color Swap Questionnaire ~

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I have recognized and accepted that I have actually grown into a yarn snob! LOL
The more I learn about different types of yarn the more I like and want to use! I have never liked eyelash/frilly yarn.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin, and really do not have the desire to pick that craft up.
However, I am actually learning how to crochet since there are quite a bit of knit patterns that calls for crochet edgings/finishings.
3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Knitting is my main "do-it-yourself" craft! :o)
4. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Well I am continually discovering other yarns so I am open to trying out different types! I really would like to try out Malabrigo & Manos del Uruguay yarns yarns. Would also like to branch out and try soy silk, linen yarns, and any lucious sock yarn (I have yet to get my fingertips on some STR). And of course Cascade Fixation Sprayed Dye yarn as a pair socks!
Currently I like cotton mixed yarns, and superwash wools. I LOVE NORO yarns :op
5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't like to knit with 'novelty' yarns like chenille, fun fur, eyelash..anything foo foo!
6. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I am really into baby/toddler patterns and socks right now! (even though I am just now learning how to knit socks up) LOL
7. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
See #6 please :o)
8. What are you knitting right now?
Ooh check my OTN status bar it could be anything!! :o)
9. Are you a sock knitter?
My needles are very green on socks!
I am doing the Magic Loop method! And I have just learned how to do two socks toe-up too!
10. What's your favorite color?
Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Are there any colors you hate?I love bright Red :op and Purple (deep/bright shades). I love to see them in combinations of Red and Chocolate or Purple and Chocolate. Even Red and Purple together!
I really do not care for pastel colors.
11. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have a button in my sidebar!
12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Yes – NUTS, pets and smoke! My skin is also very sensitive so I limit my use of perfume soaps and lotions.
13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions?
Just being allergic to nuts other than that nothing else really comes to mind that would be an issue in swapping.
14. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavender, Chamomille, and Coconut (not coco butter)
15. Do you burn candles?
I like to burn candle tarts or oils. Anything that is smokeless.
16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth?
I have a HUGE sweet tooth and love chocolates (I do not like dark chocolates). But really have a thing for chocolate covered cherries and only the brand kind called "Cellas"
17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa?
I do, but not really into it like that!
18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single with no pets
19. What are some of your favorite things?
Knitting and Reading!
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Elephants (with trunks up)
21. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas
22. What is your birthday? (You don't have to tell the year)
April 8th

3 Comments:

  1. Reckless Glue said...
    ooh, I love that shrug you just posted!
    thought I'd pop over and give you the *complete* (haha) address for the mini-clapotis.
    http://www.midnightknitter.com/knitpixiepatterns/uploads/clapotis_bamboo.htm

    :)
    Reckless Glue said...
    crap! once again cut-off ack.
    ok, anyway I've now posted it right on the blog entry so it's visible there. Plus I think if you click on the title of this (or the other) entry it shows you the full comments and links.
    Connie said...
    Hey, I will never forget your birthday! It is my anniversary...too cool!

Post a Comment