Friday, July 06, 2007

F.O. Friday!

Alright I finally have something actually seamed up! :op LOL

I do have one more thing that has been off the needles for awhile that so badly needs to be put together. It has been just sitting there for at least a month now! Hopefully I can show it all done next time. I don't have long because I need to get it mailed off very soon!

For now, I present to you my summer shrug!

And here is the back :o)
Did this as a KAL with the Charlotte Purls knitting group. I always wanted a close fitted shrug to wear. I did knit up the Bobblicious shrug last winter but that is Bohemian style.

~Project Details~

Pattern: Interweave Knits Ribbed Shrug
Needles: Addi US4
Yarn: Knit Picks – Shine Sport, Sand; used 3 balls
Size: One size
Cost: $7.50
For: Moi (was going to gift to a friend but decided to keep it! :op The color ended up growing on me! Haha)
Time: My motto – As long as you make it. This shrug is really a quick and easy knit.
Modifications: None. Those with larger arms will definitely need to adjust the stitch count accordingly.
What I learned: Have done ribbing before but not 1x1 ribbing – good practice (must pay attention! LOL), and brushed up on my mattress seam. Very easy project – which was the whole purpose for mindless knitting! Noticed after the 3rd time wearing the shrug it started peeling and napping up….mmmh.
Verdict: I would have knitted this a tad bit longer to hit right at my elbows. It was tight to get on at first but it did loosen up a bit after I kept wearing it (but still have to do some light wrestling to get in it). I did hear that cotton does relax after awhile, and of course the ribbing expands it. We will see how it holds up after I wash it. It is very comfy because of the close fit. I would knit this up again.

20 Comments:

  1. Sheila said...
    Great job... thanks for the project details... I need to remember that cotton relaxes after wearing.
    Anonymous said...
    Beautiful!! The shrug turned out really nice and I like the color on you. I may have to add this pattern to my list!
    MrsPurls said...
    Hey!! Glad you got it finished!! Look at you stylin' in the heart of the Queen City. I'm glad you kept the shrug....I knew the color would grow on you....

    Hopefully I'll finish mine before the KAL is done!!
    Adrienne said...
    Love that color girl!
    Still Patrice said...
    Alright nah Girlie! WORK IT!!!

    Good job, the color looks good on you! cute shirt too!
    Erica Bunker said...
    Very cute... perfect for going to the movies or a chilly restaurant! Lookin' good Girl!
    KimT said...
    I don't blame you for keeping it. It is super cute. I've been known to keep a few items I intended to gift!
    Liz said...
    That's nice! and that colour looks great on you!
    Jada said...
    LOVE IT!!!!!Girl you did a great job and love the color on you.
    Anonymous said...
    Now that is CUTE! Congrats on a lovely finished object. I don't blame you for keeping it for yourself! LOLL
    turtlegirl76 said...
    It looks even better in person but let me say this, that is a fabulous picture of you!
    pamela wynne said...
    So cute! I love the sleeve/cuff ruffles. Nice work!
    Anonymous said...
    That looks great! I think you did a nice service to us knitters by giving good stats about the project. Do you keep a personal notebook for yourself in case you want to knit something again? It is invaluable! Oh, and the dress, the color, priceless!
    Jeanine said...
    Looking good. Nice color too!
    Spring said...
    Lovely job! I love the shrug and I can't blame you for keeping it, it looks great on you!
    Cass said...
    Aren't you just the cutest!?!? It looks great and those pics are WONDERFUL! You look so cosmopolitain in the city and all. ;)
    Loverly.
    Kamika said...
    Very nice. I especially like the detailing on the sleeves and the color.

    Did you ever post pictures of your Bobblelicious? I would love to see it.
    Connie said...
    You look so beautimous in your shrug and that color really looks nice against your skin. Just lovely! As are you!
    Anonymous said...
    Very cute shrug! and I love the color. Well, it rained here on the 4th, so we did not do much, but it was nice to have the day off. Hope you all had a nice holiday.
    Anonymous said...
    What a cute shrug! I love that color.

Post a Comment