Sunday, June 24, 2007

So on the LATE Show!

Apparently I have been missing out on all the good stuff to keep up with my knitting electronic world!

You wonderful crafty e-buddies of mine were "in-the-know" about Knitting Daily :o)

But obviously I have been missing out on Bloglines! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I heard about bloglines before thru mention within other blogs but never really understood what it was all about, until Adrienne was shocked and appalled in our weekly e-mail chats that I was checking blogs updates 1-by-1. And frankly now that I am on bloglines I would have been too! *gasp!*

You mean I can save time and energy with just 1-click of my mouse to see who has posted a new entry on their blog!?! STOP IT!!! Blog stalking to the 10th power!! :op

There are some blogs I stalk who do not update regularly but I do enjoy reading them. This really does save me from checking up on them 3,247 in one week for an update! LOL!
Bloglines is really like a dashboard of all the blogs you would like to track! Almost the best thing to slice bread! :oD

So it took me a couple of hours to add and organize my blog sites and I was really surprised at how many blogs I checked out/had in my favorites, I mean I knew I had alot but not that many...about 90 blogs (and counting), which is just a drop in the bucket to some but those are only my knitting blogs! I haven't even begun with personal blogs that I like to read. And probably won't even try to manage at this moment! LOL

Right now I am just excited about checking everyone's blogs on Monday with one big click! Haha! :oD

So I thought I would spread the good news again on all the good stuff out there that saves us money (yep this site is FREE too!) and makes our lives easier. But this is probably very old news to y'all! :op LOL

Next time, I just want someone to come thru and school their Crimson Purl e-buddy so I will not be on the late show!

Thanks Adrienne girl for putting me "on" to goody goodness one more time!! :oD

16 Comments:

  1. Robin said...
    I have enough trouble keeping up with blogs WITH Bloglines, let alone without! It's amazing you were so on top of it without it.
    Jada said...
    OMG!!!I am going to try and add that to mines tonight.I was doing the same thing you was.
    Anonymous said...
    Adrienne deserves a BIG thanks!!! Ever since I discovered Bloglines, I'm sure I've saved so much time...more time to knit!
    Adrienne said...
    Tee hee, you are funny girl! I'm glad you are still adding! LOL
    Christie said...
    Yeah, it's hard when you're just starting out to learn the tricks of the trade. Bloglines is a life saver, but be prepared when you go away for two days and find you have 12,000 posts to read. Well...maybe not that many, but you'll see!
    Christie said...
    Oh, and there is Haloscan, in case you want to change your commenting...you can set it to e-mail you whenever a comment is left for you.
    Erica Bunker said...
    Girl! I thought you knew about Bloglines! I can't live without it! Happy you found out!
    Anonymous said...
    lol,,, bloglines, is wonderful,, I have least 200 blogs on there, lol
    MrsPurls said...
    WHAT!!! NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS!! WHERE HAVE I BEEN!! APPARENTLY IN THE BLOGWORLD DARK!! THANKS FOR CLUEING A SISTAH IN!!
    Sheila said...
    I definitely need to do that... Every morning at work I tediously check-out my favorite blogs, which have grown considerably... and I normally finish around 12noon... so what am I saying... I didn't do a stitch of work for 3 hours!!!....lol. I just printed out the free patterns from Knitting Daily thanks again.
    Reckless Glue said...
    ok I did not know about any of this, so thank-you thank-you!
    Still Patrice said...
    OMG! Girl I have been doing the same darn thing! Who KNEW! lol Thanks for sharing the info!
    Anonymous said...
    ppsst Google Reader's better, http://reader.google.com. :-D I know you must be loving Bloglines right now!
    Connie said...
    So funny, I have a blogline account and just really wasn't sure or didn't take the time to see what it was for. LOL I too check blogs one by one and this will be great! Thanks for the heads up!
    Anonymous said...
    Ummm.....what? Oh, I am getting so old! I just don't understand! I just go to bloglines and click? This is humiliating. I think I signed up for it some time ago! (Rather, my daughter signed me up. I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Not computer literate. At all.)
    Psyched2Knit said...
    I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks for telling me about it!

Post a Comment