Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wordy Wednesday WIP

I was going to entitle this as "Wordless Wednesday WIP" like other knit bloggers...but who are we kidding! I like to talk! LOL!! :oD

Besides it is really almost Thursday but I was a little excited about my progress that I decided to go ahead and make a quick post.
I got over the hump! I have made some progress!
I was stumped briefly on how I should Magic Loop my socks on picking up the heel flap and doing the instep in orientating my stitches on one needle.

If you all recall I am a virgin at this whole Magic Loopin' thing AND doing my 1st pair of adult socks.

After reading the pattern 3,423 times to translate it into what I need to do for ML, and reading my Magic Loop book 176 times. I finally got it! :oD

I even remembered to knit in the back of the stitches connecting the instep so I won't have any "gaps" per the "you just pick up those knit tricks along the way from other knitters" wisdom :op Or you can just Click Here

I will say it again how I am so glad that I did baby booties first to give me some clue on how to knit socks! Or I would have been so s.t.u.c.k.

Can you see my 5,438 notes on my pattern?! LOL

I do like the fact that the variegation of the yarn hides a multitude of sins and that the Sockotta is a great first time knitting sock yarn.

However, in trying the WIP sock on I wish the sock fitted a little bit more snugger than they do right now (I should have made the size for 5/6 even though I am a 7.5 size), but all in all that is not quenching my excitement of doing my 1st pair of socks!

And might I also add that placemarkers are your best friend! LOL (Y'all see my safety pins...yeah they really didn't help - I ended up eyeballing when I should make my instep decreases! Haha) I sure will be using PMs on the 2nd sock. :op

So as of now it is all about the foot - pure stockinette! This is a very simple/nothing fancy pattern (which was the whole point of this exercise boys and girls!) so it is home free from here!

I gotta give myself a pat on the back thus far! WHOA!

16 Comments:

  1. Christie said...
    OY! Socks...I don't think I have the patience...and I'm a fairly patient person!
    Anonymous said...
    Yay, you're getting there! Believe me, once you finish your first grownup pair, it'll be a breeze from now on. And you're doing Magic Loop, no less.
    Sheila said...
    Your sock is coming along nicely... great color choice.
    MrsPurls said...
    Glad you're making progress on the socks!!
    Adrienne said...
    Its looking great!!! I make notes like that too lol
    Still Patrice said...
    looking good chica!
    Anonymous said...
    great progress, girl! congrats on working out the whole magic loop thang. it can be kinda tricky at first, but after your first pair, it's smooth sailing!
    KimT said...
    cool socks. Never heard of the magic loop method. I must learn more about this!
    Jada said...
    I like that color!!Its looking good.Can't wait to see it finished.
    funfairiegirl said...
    Lookin' GOOOOOOD!
    Anonymous said...
    wow, you sock is coming along great
    Cass said...
    You're doing GREAT! I bought the needle to try Magic Loop, but haven't had the nerve to try yet. Where did you learn?
    Connie said...
    Your socks are looking marvelous! I am so proud that you stuck with it. It looks like you indeed started over to get that cuff in garter stitch. Just so cute, and I can't wait to see them in person.
    James said...
    I had to look back at the picture to see if you were exaggerating about your notes. Apparently not. I see that as a positive. Nobody can say you didn't pay attention to the pattern and I bet you know the construction of a sock like your ABCs. Just don't sing them in order to remember and much public humiliation can be avoided. Ask me how I know.
    urbanknitrix said...
    Work that sock girl!! My first sock was a bootie/slipper. I am impressed - I have yet to try the Magic Loop - you go girl!!
    Kimberly said...
    You're moving right along!

    Notes are a wonderful tool. Not only does taking notes help you keep track of your place, when you knit your second sock, you'll have lots of great reference information.

    You're going to be finished with that first sock in no time!

Post a Comment