Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Red Light Special!

Since I probably bored you to tears yesterday with dry reading, to close out my "RED" July month on Tasty Tuesdays I have some more fiberlicious yarn pics! YAH!! :oD

I just can't seem to stop buying sock yarn!

The more I buy it the more I really need to be knitting some up! Haha! In due time...in due time!!

To intro today's yarn p0rn is Jitterbug in Raspberry!
I had no idea clue about Jitterbug yarn, but when I saw this all knitted up on Wendy's blog (who will be color swapping with me in August!) I knew I had to have it! The funny thing is I kept inquiring about the yarn for the name and colorway to her and her downstream swap pal and when I finally got it I stumbled upon it like the next day! Ha! It was definitely fate so I HAD to get it!! Right!? Right!? :oDI love the reds and purples in it...OF COURSE!! Both are my favorite colors in one (which you normally don't see)!! Yah!! But honestly this photo shoot does not do the colors any justice! They are a tad bit deeper/richer than this lighting shows (depending upon your monitor b/c they look accurate at work vs. home! haha!) .

Next up is my very first purchase of Koigu!Yep I gave in so I could foam at the mouth like everybody else!! :op Again, I am doomed to hand wash all of my socks and I have come to terms with that since I have a nice 8.4 oz bottle of lavender Eucalan soak over here! :oD
Of course it goes without saying (but I will anyway) you gotta see this in person!

As you can see this is the Koigu Premium Merino (KPM) in color #2227. Let me tell ya there are so many shades of red to select from that I had a hard time making a decision. There was only 1 skein of the colorway I was really excited about, but I was impatient and got the #2227...you just wait! :op

Yep both of these yarns are really special! So I had to stash them away! Someone please call the yarn authorities on me! Haha!

I have put myself on restriction - on sock yarn that is! ;o) until I actually start using the sock yarn I already have! That should be easy to stick to for a little while. I have a lot to work with now! (And I normally hate having a stash! What has come over me??)

I say this is a great way to close out a RED fiber month of July! :oD

18 Comments:

  1. Wendy said...
    I'm soooo excited that you were able to pick some Raspberries for your self! Mmmmmm delicious! 8)

    Thanks for mentioning me on your blog. Maybe a few wayward stragglers will find their way over there and I'll continue to build upon my on-line knitting connections. It's such a wide world out there... one could get lost!
    Cass said...
    That purple and red together is loverly!!! very nice.
    Sheila said...
    Looking at your yarn with envy *green eyes just a blinking*...lol
    MrsPurls said...
    Somebody's been shopping!! cha ching!!
    funfairiegirl said...
    I have some SERIOUS sock yarn. so does Cristi. I have gotten 6 skeins in the last week. yeah. I have a skein of jitterbug in a plum color that is BEAUTIFUL! but I am most excited about my new Dream in Color Smooshy!!!
    Adrienne said...
    Very very pretty!!!! Love it girl!
    Still Patrice said...
    Very cute!
    Anonymous said...
    You bought my two favorite sock yarns. I haven't seen that colorway in jitterbug. I have to take another look when I go to the yarn shop.
    Lara said...
    Oh geez, I so understand the sock yarn addiction. The problem for me is that I can't get through a pair of socks! Oh well.

    I have heard great things about Jitterbug so i am sure you will love it....and those colors are gorgeous! They will make a fab pair of socks.
    Anonymous said...
    Oooo, gorgeous! I know what you mean about sock yarn...it's so hard NOT to buy it.
    KimT said...
    yummy yummy yummy yarns!
    Anonymous said...
    You couldn't have done better with the Koigu and Jitterbug. Those are some NICE yarns. :-D Love your Tasty Tuesdays!!!
    Lolly said...
    Wow, those are lovely yarns! red is such a great color ;)
    Deborah said...
    Yes, a sock 12 step program is in your future!
    Connie said...
    That is beautiful yarn... you must have a swift and ball winder! I just ordered a swift and now have to get the ball winder... then learn how to use them...LOL
    WandaWoman said...
    I love that Colinette, so pretty and a color combo that doesn't seem to exist with indie dyers. I'll definitely be looking for it!
    Jackie said...
    Nice yarns, lucky u !
    Jeanine said...
    LOVE the colors!

Post a Comment