Saturday, July 28, 2007

Special Delivery!

Yesterday I had a great mail day! And it was a special package from a special knitter!


I recently joined a Color Swap where every month you are matched up with a knitting buddy and you make a special package just for them by getting to know them!

I like this swap because it is just for one month (very quick!) and you actually know who you are swapping with versus it being a secret. So, for the month of July the color of course was RED! :oD

My swap buddy was Channon a.k.a. KnitTea and it has been really nice getting to know someone else who enjoys the same interest as I do!

Soooo my package came! Exciting!!!! :oD I just love it!! This is my first package ever in a swap!! Channon was so communicative and truly interested in getting to know me. :o)

Here are the unwrapped goodiesPlease excuse the blurry pictures. I was just so happy to get a package I just started snapping away! LOL

I received the Sensational Knitted Socks book, South West Trading Company Bamboo yarn (I have yet to knit with 100% Bamboo!), local hand dyed yarn by Scarlet Fleece in "I See Red" (80% Merino Wool 20% nylon), sheep notepad, and the cutest elephant ever (she remembered that I like to collect them)!

Channon knew I had been working on socks and that I have been trying out the Magic Loop method. She is actually a lover of the 2 circular method. :o) Ironically while I was taking a class, to learn how to do two socks toe-up on one needle, I had thumbed thru the Sensational Knitted Socks book and debated about getting it but decided to wait. Well look what I got! Haha!

Now I had heard all the rave around this book before, including the sequel More Sensational Knitted Socks book. But what drew me to the book is that it gives you instructions for 3 different methods on how to knit the same sock pattern!! I sure wish they had added ML to it too! So it looks like I will be giving the 2 circular method a twirl! :oD

The book is also very thorough in explaining how to make good socks! Y'all know I have just been playing around with them! :op LOL Getting my feet wet! (pun intended haha!) I can't wait to read up more about constructing some nice solid socks!

Well the weather turned out to be much better on today (I swear we had a monsoon last night!) and the sun came out (= hot and very humid here) for me to take some yarn P0rn pics!I am already thinking about potential patterns to knit up with these yarns from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. I am thinking the Oriel twelve stitch pattern for the bamboo.

Had to get a landscape view! :op For the Scarlet Fleece it is a thicker ply and I am thinking cables for this one!! :oD

Thank you Chan for my Ruby Red package!!!

Her package from me is on the way! So stay tuned at Channon's blog for the "big reveal"! :o) I can't wait for her to get it!

Also, how about I have a couple more special treats on the way to me in the mail, that some special knitters sent to me! One is actually already here! But I will wait to post about both of them together!

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

9 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    What a great package! I have that sock book!! I need to use it!!!
    Robin said...
    The directions for 2 circs are actually very close to what you'd do with Magic Loop - when they refer to the 2nd circular needle, it'll just be the other half of your Magic Loop needle. Have fun!
    Anonymous said...
    Wow, she hooked you up! I have both SKS books & you will love this one.
    Sheila said...
    Lovely gifts.. really like the red yarns.
    Anonymous said...
    You definitely made out in the swap department!!! Ditto what Robin said about 2 circs...my motto: why use 2 needles when you can use 1?

    Either way, I can't wait to see what you do with the yarn; it looks yummy!
    Anonymous said...
    I actually taught myself how to knit a sock using magic loop with Sensational Socks. I just translated the instructions for the 2 circulars. I also was just taught 2 circs, but felt it was too fiddle and that I preferred having less stuff hanging from my work.
    Cas... said...
    Nice package! Sounds like fun!
    Devonshire said...
    What a lovely package. Those red yarns are wonderful!
    SissySees said...
    I'm so glad you liked it all! I had a great time shopping for you. I can't wait to see what socks go on the sticks next...

Post a Comment