Sunday, August 05, 2007

My SP Angel!!

I have a Knitting Angel!!!

You may have recalled a few months ago I participated in the Secret Pal 10 swap, and I think it is wonderful that I have an angel (and from what I hear a fairy godmother too!!). So the wait was so worth it because I am so spoiled!! AND very appreciative!!

They were so quick to come from out of their magical wings to swoop down and make sure I had a great exchange experience. Thank you!!

On yesterday I was in a big rush to get out and make it to my knitting group (you know how it is running late!). But I knew I was expecting something special in the mail so I went to go pick it up before the office was closed for the day. And LOOK!

My wonderful angel gifts!! And we are not talking Victoria Secret here folks! LOL
I received a delightful surprise in getting a mittens book! The Knit Mittens! book has great patterns that tell you literally step by step what to do in helpful grids. I have seen these books before, but never had one. My Secret Angel really was paying attention!

I have been wanting to eventually branch out to mittens, and since I dream of doing Eunny's Anemoi Mittens one day this is a great start! :o)

During my sock class last month I saw another knitter taking a mittens class and it got me wanting to look into learning how to do them again! So this was perfect!

Here are some of the patterns that I am liking so far:



And of course I received yarn to get started on my 1st pair! Mmmh starts to ponder if I can knit two at one time?? :op. The yarn is Nature's Spectrum by the Brown Sheep Company in the colorway Enchanted Forest. Can you believe the label says it is "Permanently moth proofed"...Wow! Gotta love that!

I also received some Regia sock yarn in Strato color that stripes. And I know just the person I want to knit these socks up for so I can give them as a gift! Great! More practice for me on knitting socks! :oD

And lastly I was almost upset thinking my soap melted in the mail traveling here in the very hot summer heat. But actually, my cute yarn wrapped box is Solid Lotion that melts with your body heat!! How cool is that! :o) The scent is Lavender Mint. I love the smell of Lavender and I never heard of heated body lotion before until now! This is good stuff too with Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Jojoba and Vitamin E in it! I have such very dry skin that this is wonderful!

My card that came with my angel gifts had the cutest message in it:

Wishing you:

  • Many hours to knit
    Warm Hands
  • Warm Feet
  • and at least one pair of socks that don't require hand washing!! :o) (She definitely has been reading my blog! LOL)
Clara!! Come out come out wherever you are!! :oD
Thank You for the Awesome Angel Package!!

12 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    ROFL @ not vickie secret gifts. you definitely made out well in the secret pal department. :-D that book is perfect timing for gearing up for fall knitting! ;-)
    WandaWoman said...
    That's great you got an angel. I was burned by a SP too and my angels were great. Mittens are fun and easy. If you can work socks, you can definitely do mittens. Enjoy!
    Adrienne said...
    GREAT STUFF GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That mitten book looks REALLY INTERESTING! Too funny that you are wondering if you could do two mittens at once! LOL
    Unknown said...
    Nice swag!
    Cas... said...
    Great gift! I am sure you will have tons of fun with the book and the cute yarn!
    Sheila said...
    WaaaaaH!... I want a secret pal *pouting*. The mitten book looks worth having, my daughter is a mitten lover... I guess I'll schlep over to B&N and see if they have it. *still pouting*...lol
    Woman who knits said...
    Lovin' the angel gifts!! The Lamb's Pride is just fantastic!!!
    Still Patrice said...
    Stacey I sooo want to intercept your mail! LOL
    KimT said...
    lucky duck! You truly have an awesome angel!
    SissySees said...
    Very awesome! Can't wait to hear how mittens go, and LOVE those yarns. An angel for an angel... How fitting! ;)
    Jada said...
    Nice to have an angel!!!Those mitten patterns look nice.Cn't wait for you to make some!!
    Robin said...
    That package looks perfect - I love the colorway of the sock yarn and that mitten books looks really cool! I am sure there is a way to knit both mittens at once -I haven't done this myself, but I know there is a way to knit 2 socks at once and I would think it would be the same technique. Try googling the sock technique and I bet you can figure out a way.

Post a Comment