Saturday, September 08, 2007

Chicks with HOT Sticks!

This post is just for you Zanete!! :o) Since you wanted an update and all! LOL :op

LOOK!!

HOT STICKS!!
I saw them first over at Superstarra's blog (great knitter by the way, AND she has a special visitor over there too ;op Go check her out)!

Let me tell you, I try not to go and visit KnitPicks website unless I know I am going to spend some money! LOL It is like Wal-mart you start picking up $4 here...$5 there and before you know it your are spending over $100!! Haha!

Now y'all know I don't knit on anything but circular needles! And normally I don't like the Options b/c all of that screwing and putting pins in them. I just love that my Denise needles are like tinker toys *click click*.

But did you see how sharp those wooden tips are?!? Normally wooden needles have a dull end on them.

And OOoooh the COLORS!! Love it! And it comes in the cutest case (unlike that ugly binder the metal ones come in)

I may have to break down and get the whole set, but then again I really like their "fixed" ones! And then I could just select the sizes I truly want b/c I don't use wooden needles as much since I am in luv with my Denise needles. I would definitely get the "fixed" needles in US1-3, and US 6-8 since I tend to use those sizes the most.

And did I mentioned they come in double points too! Just a little FYI because I am soooo anti-DPNs! LOL Magic Loop is the only way!! :oD You betta ask somebody!! Haha!!

GO! Check out the Hot Sticks!

22 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    I saw these yesterday. I must have a set! Just because they are SO pretty!
    turtlegirl76 said...
    I just ordered a selection of tips. I don't like the case and don't need more cables and stuff. So I got the 4-9 and 10.5 and some size 9 dpns (the only size I don't own already). When they come in I'll let you check them out.
    Kelly said...
    I love how the needles are wood but has a varigated color scheme. But I agree with you about wooden needles. They don't give me the same amount of slipperiness that I like in metal needles.
    SissySees said...
    I'm hoping these will work (for me) as great as they look. I can't wait for mine to arrive!
    Sheila said...
    Ohhh!!the are pretty.
    Stacey said...
    I keep going back & forth on getting them...I don't really need more needles...but they are so pretty! :)
    Anonymous said...
    Oh wow! I mostly knit with boring aluminiums ("Aero" of England - so ancient a brand you can hardly find it on sale anymore)... and these look so, so cute. Ahhh... I feel that urge to splurge!

    I'm a devotee of Magic Loop too! I've hidden all my DPNs for fear they get discovered as weapons by my rampaging toddler and pre-schooler, LOL!
    KelInCal said...
    You need to keep repeating how much you love your Denise set! :D

    Too bad they're so cute - whoever thought of that knew what they were doing! I don't care for wooden circs, but these are very tempting. Shoot.
    Robin said...
    Those are really great! I love the pattern on the tips.
    Cas... said...
    Very cute!
    Sheila said...
    Yes, I'm so silly...lol and Thanks for the compliment on the flashing pics on my sidebar, its through Photobucket.com.
    Anonymous said...
    They are definitely gorgeous. I just might have to get a pair or two as back ups. Wooden needles tend to not be as "loose" and don't allow my work to move across the needles as smoothly as I'd like, but I'm willing to give at least a few of these a try! :-D
    Janet Richards said...
    My order is already in. It's so sad, I'm such a sucker. But I can't wait. They are so pretty.
    doreen said...
    drooling and trying to convince dh I need some. . . my day will come I just have to bide my time.
    Michaela said...
    I'm so sad. Heart broken in fact. I tried to order some of those needles, but they don't ship to the UK. And I tried Magic Loop once and got into such a huge tangle, I gave up and went back to my dpn's. I must be doing something very wrong somewhere.

    The more I gaze at your Lizard Ridge, the more I want to do one just like it!
    Renee said...
    I have been waiting for these to come out since I read about them on Ravelry. I have been holding out on getting a full set and debating between the Options and the Denise set. I think this will be the set for me - yea!
    Anonymous said...
    I know, those are some cute needles! And I agree, KP IS the Walmart of knit supplies, LOL.
    Christie said...
    I'm trying to decide between wood and metal...such a hard one...
    tina said...
    I love my Denise's too---- LOVE EM! But these new KP needles have me in serious lust.

    And btw---- my KVV secret tour guide package ROCKED didn't it? It was just the best reveal, that Alathea is one clever and generous girl!!
    pamela wynne said...
    Oh, I hadn't seen these yet! I do like wood for lace knitting (helps hang on to the stitches), and it's hard to find wood needles that are pointy enough for lace... (see me talking myself into it?)
    Octopus Knits said...
    I saw those, too -- very cool!
    Unknown said...
    Love these and the case too! have you used them yet? how does yarn move across the join?

Post a Comment