Monday, November 19, 2007

Nuthin' Much

There really hasn't been much knitting going on around here.

I am counting on a nice "holiday knitfest" this upcoming week after I take care of my household duties ;op

I am now at the endless stockinette knitting on Ms. Marigold

Since I am not all that excited about SS knitting, it has been going at a snail pace! ;oD Like I said nuthin' much going on.

I am about 1/2 way there on the SS section for the waist. Then I will need to pick up the neckline for ribbing...I am sure I can push thru that KA!

In the meantime, I needed another quickie project to ensure I would not get into a knitting funk
I made my very 1st completed (notice this key word) hat for a charity called afghans for Afghans that Alison in our Charlotte Purls group has commissioned some of us to participate in.

I really couldn't tell if this would fit a newborn...it looked big.
So I called on one of my little friends to try it on :o)Mmmmh still not convinced it fits.

Do you think this little guy could help me out??
Isn't he precious!! Jonas is 3 months old.
Jonas' mom was very nice to let me try it on him! It matched his eyes! And I couldn't help but give it to them!

She said it was perfect since they were going to the mountains the next day.

Just precious!!

So since this hat just happened to jump out of my hands! ;o) I will have to make a couple more for the charity before the deadline ;op LOL

More details about the F.O. when I have cranked out a few more hats!

Alright...so who rocked the hat the best?? :oD Haha!

25 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    My gosh, the little hat is just the cutest! No, wait, that's not true: Jonas is the cutest! And Jonas with the hat is even cuter!!! What a precious little darling, and it seems he's really treasuring that gorgeous hat!
    I can well imagine that you're getting bored to tears with those rows and rows of stockinette - but you'll get past that too and the result will be so worth it! This is going to be totally beautiful!
    Anonymous said...
    I think the elephant's looking *good*.
    Adrienne said...
    OH TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
    Cas... said...
    I love the little hat. Jonas looks very cute too!

    Hang in there with ms. marigold. It looks like it will be worth the effort.
    Anonymous said...
    My all SS project is starting to get to me too. That hat (and baby!) is so cute. Hat making is so satisfying - enjoy.
    SissySees said...
    Jonas and the hat belong together! Sweet of you to give it away...
    Don said...
    You know you're wrong for trying the hat out on the stuffed animal...lol

    Nice skills w/ the knitting
    Sheila said...
    Jonas is definitely rocking that hat.
    cpurl17 said...
    Jonas looks adorable in that hat!!

    The Marigold sweater will be good for post Thanksgiving "food coma" knitting
    Anonymous said...
    what a cutie!! after looking so cute in that hat he HAD to keep it! :)
    Sourire11 said...
    Adorable! So very adorable! Oh and the hat is pretty cute, too ;-)
    KelInCal said...
    Cute baby hat! What a great little recipient you found!
    Still Patrice said...
    I need you to not compare the kid to an elephant! :p he is a cutie pie though!m
    Stacey said...
    So cute!

    And that Ms Marigold will be lovely!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Awwww what an adorable hat. i can totally understand how you could be compelled to let littl jonas keep that.
    Your coming along well on Marigold too, i know the stockinette is so boring :( you would think it would go fast but it drags.
    and remember when the neckline comes
    "YOU GO! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! PICK IT UP, PICK IT UP!"
    ;)
    Michelle B said...
    Oh yeah, I see why you had to give the hat to him!
    WandaWoman said...
    The baby is too cute and that hate is perfect for him!

    Marigold looks good. I love knitting stockinette in the round, it's the best!!
    Anonymous said...
    OMGosh, that hat fit Jonas perfectly. So nice to let him have it!
    Anonymous said...
    Cute hat!!! Glad to see progress on Ms. Marigold!!!
    Deborah said...
    man did that little fella luck out!
    Unknown said...
    you're sweet to have given him the hat! It was perfect on him! What pattern did you use?
    Knitaholictoo said...
    LOL! the hat is adorable! Poor ms. marigold, you gro' gurl! LOL!
    Anonymous said...
    It is precious! Sorry I have been bad and not read much of blogs lately. Thinkin' of you though. Good job on the hat. Happiest of Thanksgiving wishes to you and all your family this season, Stacey!
    Liz said...
    Oh, Jonas and the hat, as cute as each other! Your pic of Ms Marigold made me laugh, it's the ball of yarn in progress on the basin..lol! I'm jealous of your holiday/opportunity to knit. We have life as normal here, next holiday for us is christmas! :( Have a great time!
    Jada said...
    Marigold is looking great!And that hat is to cute!!!

    Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Post a Comment