Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tasty Tuesday: Purple Rain!

So I am taking a break from my vibrant reds, and I am now on a purple binge! :oD

Didn't you all know that it's the new black! ;op

Ever since I saw this when it first came out, I knew I had to make it and everyone has been knitting it up like wildfire!

I did some minor research on R.averly looking for a yarn I would like and knew I had to do this in purple!

Not wanting to double yarn and wanted to try something I never knitted with before I decided on this

(it is really hard getting a picture of purple without distorting the color!)

As of yet, I haven't "heard" any negative reviews about the Valley Yarns in Berkshire Bulky and was curious about trying it.

I wanted something cheap and it came in the right color. Viola! :oD

I have already swatched for this project and got gauge, but now it is just a matter of "when". ;op

Then I finally scratched my itch and made my very 1st Malabrigo purchase!


I was thrilled b/c it has been on my yarn wish list for a long time now!

And I have been in luv luv luv with the velvet grape forever and plan to make the Pimlico Shrug in this one day in the far future. ;op

For now, these balls of yarn will either turn into the Dashing, or Scholar Collar, or Calorimetry or this Neckwarmer, etc. etc.

Decisions Decisions!! :oD

20 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Now that song is in my head....Purple rain....puuurrrpple rain! LOL
    Georgiann said...
    So glad you're blogstalking!
    Love that purple.
    Carmell said...
    OOOO i like that Malabrigo!!! it is so pretty! i bought some last summer and still have yet to do anything with it. i just don't know what to make with it.
    SissySees said...
    Malabrigo makes purple look great, even to me. Can't wait to see it knitted up!
    Cas... said...
    I can't wait to see the project you make with the yarn. It's beautiful!
    Anonymous said...
    I'm on a bit of a purple kick myself. I love that color of Malabrigo!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Deborah said...
    that shrug is nice, I don't have that book so I've never seen it. And watch out for the malabrigo, it is intoxicating! You'll now have to join the malabrigo group over on ravelry. they are having a contest this month!
    KelInCal said...
    That Juliet is going to rock and I bet you'll look great in it! You have so much more control than me - I would have already cast on! Forget all that other stuff on my needles!!

    The Malabrigo color looks so yummy - I love me some Malabrigo! I made Calorimetry with some for my niece and it came out so pretty.
    Renee said...
    Did you decide where you want the lace pattern to start on the Juliet? I am so glad that you are about to cast on!

    And, I vote for the Scholar Collar of course!
    Mama said...
    Beautiful!

    And you should check out the purple that http://yarncrawl.typepad.com/
    has got posted today - delish!
    Don said...
    Purple really is a beautiful color. I don't know about it being the new black though...lol
    Anonymous said...
    Those purples are pretty...your Juliet should be stunning!
    tina said...
    Malabrigo! Is it not just yummy? Your purple is gorgeous------ and I'm futzing with a collarly thing m'self. (Cuz why finish something when you can keep forging ahead with mad abandon????)
    diddlinaknits said...
    Oooo Lovely yarn, great color, love the Juliet pattern also!! it will look great in purple for you!!
    Hmm and your choices-so many good ones-i can't even help you chose-so i don't know how you are going to chose :P
    turtlegirl76 said...
    I did a Calorimetry AND a Le Slouch out of 1 hank of Malabrigo. You can do lots of things with both those hanks.
    Rebel said...
    mmmmm... that color is gorgeous!
    cici said...
    I vote for the Juliet.. Its beautiful and in this color is to die for.
    Michelle B said...
    OH girl you know I love the velvet grapes too! I so want to do a sweater with it yet! Purple is my fave color of all!! Have fun with your new yarn!
    wildflower38 said...
    I vote for the scholar collar. It'll knit up nicely in the Malabrigo
    Jeanine said...
    Congrats on your first Malabrigo purchase. That yarn does NOT disappoint. Wouldn't ya know, I've kinda been feeling the purples too.

Post a Comment