Saturday, December 22, 2007

Just a Lil Bit of...

Xmas shopping going on over here.........

Let me begin by saying that I really hate to see a business not succeed, especially a yarn shop. It is truly sad and unfortunate there was one that closed down in my area this weekend.

But I was able to reap the benefits on some of their inventory during the 50% off closeout sale
I got a mini-haul! (you should have seen the bags upon bags folks were buying!) Well, there goes my knit budget for the month!

Of course your gurl was real smart and had no 'plan of action' on what she wanted or was going to do with the yarn she picked out. *whispers* please help me.....my stash is growing and I can't control it and nowhere to put it!! Ugh! I am turning into one of "them" ;op

Yesterday at work, my co-worker Sarah was proudly adorned in her very own hand knit sweater by her mother about 20 years ago. Isn't it just beautiful!! It is perfect for the holiday! Y'all know I love that bright red and just had to take a picture of her! Sarah is one of my faithful lurkers on my blog! :o) And she is a knitter too!! YAH!

My co-workers really do support me in my knitting passion. In fact, this past work week we had a "Holiday Craft Soiree" where we were knitting, felting stockings, signing cards and wrapping gifts while playing Christmas music during our lunch hour. Gotta love it!

Hope everyone is getting done with their last minute shopping and errands.

As for me I am taking it easy over here, and remembering that Christ is the reason for this time of year for me to celebrate!

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

23 Comments:

  1. KimT said...
    wow, the work thing sounds fun! Morale is so low at my job. We should have done something like that. I love Sarah's sweater!
    Sheila said...
    You have great stuff there... totally wish I was at that close out...lol. I enjoy the fact that your knitting extends to work as well and Sarah's sweater is Gorgeous - it looks great on her... you know me and them there cables.
    Mama said...
    Not that I'd want anyone to have to close their business - but I can't help feeling SO jealous that I didn't get to go to the sale!! (The money Ijust spent on TBG's Christmas gift would have gotten me at least two bags full ;)
    Cas... said...
    Wow! That's a nice haul from the yarn store. It's hard to pass up a great deal! Once I am feeling better I will work on finding some patterns for you!

    You are right about the reason for the season. I hope everyone remembers that one.
    KelInCal said...
    Looks like a good haul - yay for new yarn! And that is a gorgeous hand-knit sweater!

    Merry Christmas!
    Emily said...
    That's great you found buttons at the sale. Good buttons are so hard to come by!
    Wendy said...
    Looks like you got a good deal on some lovely items. I'm sure they'll speak to you about what they would like to be.

    I know what you mean about the stash issues. Wasn't it just this summer that both of us were saying that we don't have a 'stash'! What has happened to us!
    Janet Richards said...
    You did pretty good :) And Sarah's a lucky girl - her mom made a great sweater!!

    Merry CHRISTmas!!!
    Anonymous said...
    did you leave anything? lol Merry Christmas Stacey!!
    Anonymous said...
    Great haul. Do you have a guest room? My yarn is going under the guest bed when the Christmas wrap vacates the spot...

    I wish I could knit at work, even during my lunch. Unfortunately, I don't really get a lunch break.
    Jada said...
    Now girl you know I have the same problem as you!!I can't help you stop!!
    That is beautiful sweater Sarah mother made.

    Have a Merry Christmas!!
    Mizrepresent said...
    Darn, you all are really good, i mean excellent...i wish i could do the same...i am so impressed.
    Don said...
    Loved the way you showed sympathy towards the store closing yet quickly gained steam when you followed with how much low priced yarn you were able to garner. lol. Only you, Stacey.

    That is a nice looking sweater your co-worker is sporting. Look at her just-a-cheesing in the pic.
    Don said...
    I think it's obvious to everyone that Mizrepresent didn't read your post. If I'm not mistaken, didn't you say the sweater was made by your co-workers' mom?
    WandaWoman said...
    Sarah's sweater is beautiful! It is sad to see a yarn store go oout of business, but if it happens, it can only serve to enhance your stash. Doesn't look like you went too crazy.
    Sereknitty said...
    Congrats on the new additions to your yarn stash! Are you gonna find out and let us know what pattern Sarah's mom used for that fab sweater??!
    Knitaholictoo said...
    Budget?!!???! Oh that's my problem, haha! Nice additions to the stash! The sweater is purty!
    Liz said...
    What a great haul! Every cloud has a silver lining!! Nice that you can knit at work, I'm jealous!!

    Hey, Happy Christmas. Have a great time!
    Anonymous said...
    Awww, too bad about the LYS, but at least you benefitted from it. Yay for sales! And have yourself a Merry Christmas!
    cpurl17 said...
    Gorgeous sweater and wonderful haul there (and it is sad that a yarn store has to close)!

    Merry Christmas and God Bless you sweetie!
    Anonymous said...
    oh my. you hooked yourself up!!! it is such a shame to see yarn shops closing though. :-( i feel your mix of emotions, though you did make out nicely!!!

    Merry CHRISTmas to you as well. It truly is the reason for the season!
    Anonymous said...
    I want a workplace like yours! And, I love that sweater. it's every knitter's hope that they're knits will be stylish and wearable years later! That one sure is.
    doreen said...
    Nice stash increase. . . so very sad the shop is closing, but I had to get mine too! According to J we just missed eachother. I returned this day too for a just a few more things. . .
    Hand knit sweater. Looks so lovely what a nice gift! It's perfect fitting too.

Post a Comment