Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I must say what a wonderful response on my last post about a wonderful woman!
I am so glad it excited and inspired you all! Thank U for coming to read about Sojourner on my blog and sharing her story with others! You all are too kind and really know how to keep a positive thing going!

Speaking of those in history that have knitted. Recently, Urban Knitrix ironically mentioned on her blog how Dr. George Washington Carver crocheted, knitted and did needlepoint!
I also discovered HIStory over at a site called Yarn Boys in History. George even dyed his own yarn!

And speaking of males knitting. Over this past weekend, I meet a black man who knits. I never personally layed eyes on one before!! It was refreshing to experience!

And like George Washington Carver he is a doctor too! Hi Dr. John! He was such a delight to meet!

~ I also really wanted to highlight the eternal kindness of knitters in this post ~

Shortly after Thanksgiving, A Knitter In Queens had a blog contest on her site and I ended up being one of the winners!

Guess who has enhanced her stash with 7 balls of NORO! Yah!!She felt bad about delaying my package that she included 2 balls of Regia sock yarn. Which will be perfect since I made the commitment to do more socks in the new year! And I would prefer to do 2 at 1 time having these two balls will work out well! Thank You Veronica!!

Then I received something in the mail besides bills! Myriam went back to her home country and was a sweetheart to remember me! Just one of her regular ole e-blog buddies!

She sent me a post card all the way from Germany! Did I mention how she was just a sweetheart for even thinking of me??I have yet to travel overseas and I just love when others send me postcards from their travels!

I then was gifted one of the new Ravelry beta shirts from a Purl that wishes to remain anonymous. Too humble!
I originally missed the boat on getting this t-shirt when it first come out. I would have begged, borrowed, and stealed for this T-shirt!
This is exactly the shirt I wanted and it is a perfect fit!!! Thank you to my Secret Purl for giving me this T-shirt without a second thought! Ooh! Did I also mention she gifted me a cute project bag too, but I was too enamoured with my t-shirt to take pictures! ;op

Also, during our last Charlotte Purls knit group meeting we were gifted these cute pins by Connie
How about this mini yarn ball is made out of NORO yarn! Just perfect!
So the entire group wore their pins at our holiday luncheon! Don't we look good!
I truly am grateful for the kindness of knitters that is just endless!

22 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Dang girl...ok now you KNOW I'm about to go through my history books and see who else I can add to this knitting list!!! I love this! And how kind!!!!! Great post today girl! Oh I have something to show you.....check your email lol
    Anonymous said...
    Wow, lots of interesting stuff. I wish you'd been able to take a picture of that doctor knitting! How neat is that. And all those goodies you got, how lucky you are. Those pins are the coolest, though.
    Wendy said...
    It's no wonder people send you lovely things... it's a reflection of the wonderful person you are.

    Love the yarn ball pin!
    Chronic Ennui said...
    Okay, so, um, Dr. John is very cute... Did you get his number????

    Love that little pin too!
    Mama said...
    Re: Oliver's Blanket - It is. And, no worries - I sent several batches to England. Your squares,along with a few more of mine are included in the second blanket. She'd gotten so many squares she's going to make two so more folks have an
    opportunity to win : )
    Sheila said...
    Talk about history... He was definitely a multi-tasker. Oh and your Dr. friend is a cutie. Loving your goodies and the ultimate is the ball/needle pin... please tell me where can I find them.
    KimT said...
    wow! Come on Dr. John!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for a;; the historical knitting tidbits. Very encouraging post.
    KelInCal said...
    Okay, there was a lot on this post - I may have to go back and read again! Looks like you got some great stuff - lucky you - AGAIN! And yay for meeting new knitters; especially nice looking, male doctors!
    Anonymous said...
    dang, you definitely got the HOOK UP for real!!! congrats on the ravelry shirt. i decided to wait on mine, now i'm mad that i did, LOL. it looks really cute on you!!! that knitting pin is adRHOable. the charlotte purls is taking over, nice group pic!
    Anonymous said...
    Girl, a black man who knits?!?!? My jaw was on the floor. How wonderful!!! And I'm jealous of your Ravelry shirt. It's cute. It's nice to know that George Washington Carver knits. Another weapon in the arsenal against the old 'knitting is lame/stupid/for losers'. Sojourner Truth, George Washington Carver, Edith Piaf...
    Kelly said...
    I meant to comment on your last post when I read it. I really appreciated the history. I never knew Ms. Truth knitted! Also, it's not often you meet black men that knit (I don't think I've even met one myself.) Which is why I think it was rather appropriate you took a picture of him, because I don't think anyone would have believed you!
    Olga said...
    Hello! I stumbled across your blog and thought I'd at least say howdy. I'm a Noro lover too, ooo- have you seen the Noro sock yarn at Loopy Ewe? Yeha, I need that.Anyway, enjoyed reading your past posts, I'll have to visit more often!
    Michelle B said...
    Wow how very interesting!

    The pin is adorable!
    Ms. Lee said...
    GWC and ST were knitters? Who knew! Just droppin' in to say hey!
    Don said...
    Stacey, you have the prettiest ad cleanest fingernails.
    Dipsy Doodle said...
    Wow! This is all I can say right now! I'm absolutely impressed by male knitters, whether they did it sometime back in history or nowadays - it seems that over here in Austria men feel way too much "Macho" to tackle knitting, or at least I've never come across a male knitter here before which I personally think is a shame! Yay to all male knitters out there, in history as well as today!
    And what a lot of goodies you've received there - the Noro is absolutely stunning and mind you, I so can't wait to see what you're going to make with it! Have fun!
    Michaela said...
    Re your comment on Clara's blog. Yes your squares were for the blanket, but they arrived after I'd got them sewn together, your squares are going on to number 2. Honest, I remember just what your squares looked like and they will definitely be on number 2. Promise! Go to my blog and a few days ago I laid out all of the 'new' squares and yours are there - you can see them up at the top on the right.
    Anonymous said...
    Very exciting stuff! It's great to see that my mailbox isn't the only one getting knitterly goodness.

    The pins are neat!
    Diane said...
    Hey lady, thats my boyfriend. It was really funny bc he didnt want to take the pictures then he started telling me to take more. Ugh! So i only posted the ones when he didnt want me to take em. Teach him a lesson :)
    Unknown said...
    The doc should join Ravelry. I'd love to see what he knits. What a great haul! Lucky you.
    diddlinaknits said...
    i caught a few minutes of a show on Carver and they talked about him knitting!!!
    You got some great stuff!!!!
    you deserve it all-your such a sweetie!
    Super cute pin and i love the pic with you all wearing them :)
    Anonymous said...
    Wow. *So* never knew Washinton Carver was a crafter! So cool!!

Post a Comment