Monday, February 11, 2008

Pearl’s Diamond Socks

Did I not already mention that this is my 'year of the socks'?!?

Well I am gonna get to it! :o) In due time! ;op

How about these socks will be on my US2 needles this year too!

These socks were designed by Skyline Chilly. I love me some Emily! She not only knits up some fab projects, and always offers up great tips when I am wondering out loud, but has a heart of gold!

Em's aunt has had leukemia for a long time and she just recently celebrated a birthday where these socks were created just for her! What a beautiful thing to still honor your loved ones while they are still here!

Please definitely support this worthy cause by getting the donation pattern 'Pearl's Diamond Socks', as 100% your hard earned money will go directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in Aunt Pearl's name!

To sweeten the pot even more, and hopefully encourage you to donate (not to mention you get a FAB sock pattern too!), Telmah just announced she will be having a CONTEST for the Cause!

Hopefully, that wouldn't be your primary reason for finally clicking that link, but if that doesn't get you moving over there then I don't know what will!

Lets continue to do a wonderful things with our knitting!!

17 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Size 2 needles scare me lol
    Emily said...
    That was a lovely entry Stacey, thank you!
    Anonymous said...
    I'll have to go get that pattern. Lovely!
    Cas... said...
    Very nice pattern. I can't wait to see your finished project!
    Wendy said...
    Beautiful pattern.
    Can't wait to see your next pair of socks.
    Hey, did you even unwind the goodies in your yarn balls?
    Robin said...
    Those socks are gorgeous - can't wait to see yours completed!
    tina said...
    The socks are fabulous! And knitting for a greater good sort of thing does warm my hear.

    Love the idea!!!
    Sheila said...
    That is so nice of you Stacey.. there's always a good feeling when knitting for a greater good. Looking forward to your socks.
    Knitaholictoo said...
    Yikes! Size 2! Can't wait to see 'em!
    Anonymous said...
    Ooooh, those are some pretty socks! I can't wait to see YOURS, hee hee.
    Nettie said...
    I just clicked over and got the pattern. It is very well done. Thanks for this post and the link.
    Don said...
    Nice looking socks.
    Janet Richards said...
    Thanks for the tip - I will have to get the pattern and help out the cause.
    diddlinaknits said...
    yay-beautiful pattern and a great way to help :)
    Psyched2Knit said...
    It was so nice to see that you are posting again. I was very sorry to hear about your loss. It looks like you have a lot of close friends and family looking out for you, but know that you're being thought about out here in knitting cyberland as well.

    Peace to you and your family.

    P2K
    Sereknitty said...
    You've been meme'd! Check out my blog for details. If you don't wish to participate, I won't be offended, but would be delighted if you chose to.
    a friend to knit with said...
    those socks are fabulous!
    i love them. what a great cause.

Post a Comment