Friday, March 28, 2008

F.O. Friday: Kirby Tudora

Yep trying to hurry and squeeze out those last bit of warm knits!!


Still have a few chances to pull out this crimson beauty a couple of times to keep the early morning and evening nip off of me!
~ Project Details ~

I decided to have my little friend help me to model it ;o)
This one is finally all for Me! Moi! Yo!
Pattern: Tudora

I originally planned to do this as my 1st Malabrigo March project, but the Better Bucket Hat kidnapped me!

This project was part of my Git Yer Neckwear Awn! KAL :o) Luv it! Haha!

Size: One size. So it will fit errybody! ;op

Time: So fast I really didn't have time to take a bunch of WIP pics. Just this one

You can do this in a matter of a few hours. I did it in two evenings after work (started Tuesday finished Wednesday).

I don't know what took me so long to CO for this project (actually I do...the "just right" yarn), because I zipped thru it. And will dare to even say it probably is faster than making my other fav neckwarmers!! *gasp!*

Needles: Harmony US 5

Yarn: It is March.....so Malabrigo of course! :oD

In the color: Burgundy

Hence why I decided to call her "Kirby" ;o) And I happily realized on yesterday how it compliments my favorite crimson trench coat perfectly!

Cost: < $11, since I used less than a hank of the yummy malabrigo worsted merino yarn.

$2 for notion - I really like this button. I actually thought I picked up a black one, and was pleasantly surprised, once I popped it out of the package, that it was a very dark brown.

What I learned: Cabling without a needle! YAH!

This video helped me do the C4B without any assistance from that little stick of mine. Doing this method is best for 2 or 1 stitches, any more than that I would rather just use a needle.

So when I started out actually using a needle, twice I made little cable fudges (go figure) ....can you see them??

Compare the far right one (defect) with the left one. I didn't feel like ripping back so I claimed them as my 'designer touches' ;o)

Once I watched that video I did just fine without any cable mistakes or dropped stitches w/o a cable needle! *blows on fingernails* Haha!

Modifications: I went down a needle size, only knitted 3" of the body (really my neck is not that long!), hence only needing to pick up 12 stitches for the button band. Having to adjust my button hole stitches accordingly (no biggie).

I continued to slip the first stitch on each row of my button band so it would mirror the BO edge of the neckwarmer.

Verdict: I found another new pattern I can crank out as great gifts! ;op YAH! Probably won't make myself another one, but it will come back up again! Haha!

I really wasn't in a pic mood but thought I would try and squeeze in a side view for y'all. I just love the Elizabethan look!

I luuuurves it! :o)

Have an awesome weekend!!

36 Comments:

  1. QueenDBW said...
    Very nice!! I love the color and it does look quite Elizabethan. I am still working on getting that Magic Loop. I will have to sit up one night after the kids go to bed so I can get it just right...LOL!!

    On a side note, pray for me please, I have a job interview in the am.
    Sannikka said...
    So pretty again.
    Nice weekend to you too!
    CiCi and CAJtalk said...
    love it... I need to make one of those.. My neck is always cold. Have a good weekend
    Zonda said...
    Oh I wished I could knit mine that fast LOL. (maybe if I sat and knit it!) Love yours! Great colorway. :)
    Liz said...
    Lovely...and VERY Elizabethan looking!
    Have a good weekend too!
    Anonymous said...
    It looks awesome! I made mine with the same yarn in the same color. In fact, I had forgotten about it until your post. I must go find it...

    Have a great weekend!
    Adrienne said...
    Too cute!!! I love it on the elephant!!
    turtlegirl76 said...
    It looks great on you!

    And I agree. I can cable happily without a needle if I'm only needing to cable one or two stitches. Any more than that and I need my needle.
    MrsPurls said...
    Very cute!
    Nettie said...
    Nice! I love the button too. I had the urge to knit up one of these recently. I just may do it now.
    Carmell said...
    that is cute!
    urbanknitrix said...
    That is so cute! And let me just tell you your model is doing it up with the scarf on. So cute.
    SissySees said...
    Beautiful! I can't stand anything close on my neck anymore, all of a sudden too... but I can admire it on you and your adorable model!

    (All of a sudden, Blogger says my Wordpress url is wrong. Crazy.)
    Stacey said...
    You know, I just got a skein of Malabrigo from the lovely Carrie and was just thinking about what I wanted to do with it. Now I know - that is beautiful!
    Anonymous said...
    Ooooh, that's lovely, and looks mighty cozy too. I need to watch that video as I've been wanting to learn to cable without a needle. Have a great weekend!
    Don said...
    I luuuurves it!

    *looking in the dictionary trying to find the word "lurve."

    Have a great weekend, Stacey.
    Michelle B said...
    OHH super cute! I could use that up here in Ohio, there was snow on my deck this morning!! EEK!

    Have a great weekend!
    Robin said...
    Looks great! I love the color (crimson, of course) and that you made yet another project out of that Malabrigo! I like the Ty beanie babies too and I have little kitties and huskie dogs, but no elephants yet! May want to get one as yours is really cute. Thanks for your comment on my Sweetheart vest pic on Flickr, and have a great weekend!
    Jeanine said...
    Very cute. You have a good weekend.
    Cas... said...
    Fabulous! Your review is also very informative! Keep up the good work!
    Christie said...
    So cute! Love the color.
    Sourire11 said...
    Love!!!
    Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...
    It looks great! Such a lovely color, too :)
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    verrry lovely!!
    Anonymous said...
    That is really cute...you can just slip that on when you don't want to drag a big scarf along. Great job & color!
    Anonymous said...
    Oh that's HAWT!
    Two Cables and a Frapp said...
    You never miss. Very nice. I suppose since you've knitted that neck piece you'll be out yarn shopping again huh !!! Have a good one !
    Virtuous said...
    @ Regina - Wish I knew how to track you down! ;op

    Thanks so much for compliments, and even more in taking the time to let me know!!
    Unknown said...
    cute, cute, cute!

    Good for you cranking out those final cold weather knits!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Great Job. Love the color and It suits you!!!
    You have a great weekend as well!!
    doreen said...
    Stacey, this is adorable. love it!!!
    k_purls2 said...
    It is nice!
    Batty said...
    Beautiful Tudora! I adore the colors, and it even looks good on Kirby! Now there's a stylish stuffed elephant...
    Still Patrice said...
    You and your props :) cute tudora.
    Anonymous said...
    Totally cool~totally! You rock, Stacey. Fab knitter that you have become. Such style, really and truly! If I ever make something quick for me, this will be it.
    WandaWoman said...
    You're on a roll. Very pretty and looks like a quick knit.

Post a Comment