Friday, April 18, 2008

Fibery Friday II

Hope everyone had a great week because it is FRIDAY baaaaaaaaaaaby!!! :oD

I realized that I never gave this yarn a proper fiber layout

And so you won't keep thinking my needles are only dedicated to Malabrigo and Noro ;op

It is Rowan Denim in Memphis that is to finally be used in making my Indigo Ripple skirt. You may have remembered me already swatching for it...but yeah I need to now CO for it! ;op

I'll only need this much for the project

about 9 balls! ;op It will more than likely take less than that...but you just never know!

The yarn actually shrinks (vertically) and wears like denim jeans getting better with each wash and dry. Yep! You can throw this 100% cotton yarn in the dryer y'all!

Last year I scoured the internet to find this yarn as it is no longer available. As soon as I hit the "buy" button of course I found it selling much cheaper on E.lann.com! Ugh!! So definitely get your yarn there if you are interested!

One last b-day treat came in to me this week from overseas!I just gotta Thank Liz for always being super sweet to me! And not to mention the giggles that overflow when I read her blog! Thanks for being so thoughtful!

Have a FAB weekend!

18 Comments:

  1. Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    Have always wanted to try some Rowan Denim. I was beginning to wonder if you could only knit Malabrigo!
    Cas... said...
    cool yarn! I can't wait to see what project you will make with it. Works up like denim huh? I must check that out!
    Ms.Erika said...
    Sounds cool,I'll have to try it sometime.

    Do you think it would knit up well as a purse? I was thinking of making a bag for my daughter for school. I was planing to felt but maybe I could use the Denim and wool and it would nice and strong.
    tina said...
    I think you have me beat in terms of stretching the whole birthday thing---- good on you! Love the package!

    And love the yarn---- I'll be watching to see what you will knit from it. Intriguing if it really does do the denim thing when it washes up.
    Connie said...
    The Rowan denim looks nice, can't wait to see what you make with it!
    Anonymous said...
    I can't wait to see your skirt. That's a pretty project.

    I always forget about Elann! I don't know why. I just remembered them the other day & browsed around & couldn't believe all the good deals. But when WEBS has a closeout, their deals are great, too. So much yarn, so little time, and not enough money!
    Robin said...
    Yay on starting your IR skirt! I think they are out of some of the colors of the Den-M-Nit on Elann now. Happy weekend!
    TURBOchic said...
    I've been wanting to knit this up for a while, but like you mentioned the yarn is discontinued. Honestly, I also was a little fearful of heading into the "knitted skirt" camp. Forge ahead my friend and inspire me.
    Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...
    Cool yarn! How fun to get another birthday package :) Have a great weekend!!
    Anonymous said...
    I love the Rowan Denim, but I did find that the color tends to rub off a bit. Can't wait to see your project. Have a great weekend!
    Still Patrice said...
    hey chic!! very pretty color
    Michelle B said...
    Nice yarn! I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts on it!
    Anonymous said...
    Stacey~Best to you with the denim. I bet the skirt will turn out darling! Keep us updated as only you can PurlGirl!! Blessings~Julie
    Sheila said...
    Looking forward to your skirt. Wow.. you are still receiving gifts... enjoy it lucky gal.
    Tabu said...
    Happy Belated birthday! I can't wait to see your skirt.

    I love goodie boxes.
    Anonymous said...
    You do love the quality yarns, I must say!! Can't wait to see how that Rowan looks knit up!
    k_purls2 said...
    Didn't know the yarn was discontinued. Thanks for letting me know because I need to knit up another baby blu jeans from knitty. I"m not familiar with the skirt pattern, but I saw on earlier today in an old Interweave (I think last Springs) that called for a denim yarn.
    Adrienne said...
    That yarn is SO pretty!!!!!

Post a Comment