Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some of you may have heard about our "snow" here in the south this past week.
I said it that way because it is our typical yearly event (2-4") that melts by the end of the day! LOLBut it has been "cold" (said that way b/c it is for us!) here; and besides my mittens keeping me warm lots of yummy teas have
My double brew of white pomegranate and peppermint tea in my new fav mug. I am getting ready to upgrade to some Teavana!

and favorite comfort foods
My good ole winter standby of grilled cheese on whole grain bread (lil crisp haha) and tomato basil soup!

And weekend breakfasts has consisted of
Scramble egg whites with cheese and more whole grain bread with sugar free raspberry jam (so y'all know what I ate this Sunday morning!)

And one of my girlfriends knows how much I lurve lurve LURVE Garrett's popcorn (you can only get in Chicago). So on New Years Day she brought me a bag back from her layover there
That barely made it thru the day!!! Lurve my cheese and caramel mix snack!
It didn't stand a chance and was demolished and devoured within 24 hours! LOL

My lips and fingers could not even lie! ;op

Lawd help me!! :oD My body still has yet to recover from all of my holiday eating....sigh Haha

23 Comments:

  1. Kamika said...
    That grill cheese and tomato basil looks sooo good! It's cold out here too. Good looking out from your friend.
    WandaWoman said...
    Garrett's popcorn is the best. I was just talking about this last night at a friend's party. I need to tell a friend to pick me up some on her next trip through Chicago. Yum!
    cici said...
    I hope we don't get any snow, we have been lucky so far. Glad you are staying warm over there and eating good:)
    IrishGirlieKnits said...
    Mmmmm...a good grilled cheese... that's comfort food in my book!

    Stay warm!
    Anonymous said...
    ahh man, now I have to go get me some grilled cheese!!! Plus have fun staying warm because isn't cold weather the knitters paradise? Guess we will find out...LOL!
    Adrienne said...
    I WISH we would have gotten some of that snow! LOL Still mad about that lol.

    *sigh* now you have me wanting grilled cheese!!

    Ohh cheese AND caramel!?!? YUM!

    I hear ya on holiday eating lol. I got a LIL mo eating to do then it's back to work lol.
    TURBOchic said...
    It's cold. All the shivers you have at this time burn off any excess eats.
    Anonymous said...
    Hey, you NEED comfort food when it's cold like this. And you're right, it's cold!
    Monique said...
    Uummmm! All of that looks good!
    Knitty Cent said...
    You and me both, hunny!!! Can't wait for it to warm up so I can continue my Angela Bassett routine, LOL! WOW, I guess DeltaPurl really is gonna need that hat in South Carolina. It never snowed, but it was OH SO COLD in Greensboro for the 6 months I lived there. Stay warm. Those comfort foods look down right YUMMY!!!
    Lynette said...
    everything looks so good. when i saw the bag of Garrett's popcorn, i thought "oh no she didn't come to chicago without looking me up". hee!

    stay warm!
    Dawn said...
    I have that same mug and I love it. It's the perfect size for my coffee.
    Emily said...
    LOVE LOVE Garrett's. I used to live in Chicago and gobble that stuff up all. the. time. Yum!
    SissySees said...
    Is there anything better than soup and grilled cheese?!
    Deborah said...
    you are making me soooo hungry! And, girl, you know know cold until you get to freeze your #@$% off here in Jersey in January!
    CaveGurl said...
    Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese are my favorites too! Mum, maybe that's what I'll eat tonight! LOL
    Michelle B said...
    YUM! I might have to make grilled cheese and tomato soup tonight!!!

    We have up to 6 inches of snow coming our way for Wednesday!! I bet you don't miss that! Hubby keeps institing that if he gets laid off we are moving south.
    diddlinaknits said...
    Yummy-i want to come over and keep warm with you. I love tomato soup and grilled cheese-Little man loves tomato soup but he really hasnt caught on with the grilled cheese thing-he thinks i am weird when i dip my GC in the soup lol
    Want some of our snow, we have plenty to spare :)
    Sourire11 said...
    Mmmm... grilled cheese... mmmmm...
    Sereknitty said...
    LOL at your snow! We had 3 ft. in December and before it had even had a chance to melt, we got another 4" today. Just as I was starting to see green patches in the lawn. My Scottish Granny would have a fit at you making a 'dippy' in a mug, instead of tea in a proper teapot -- 'sacreligious' -- as she would say :)
    Anonymous said...
    Yum on the grilled cheese and tomato soup!
    Jeanine said...
    Who makes the white pomegranate?? I will have to some of that a try. Sounds delish. What a yummy meal.
    Unknown said...
    Grilled cheese and tomato soup is the BEST!!! One of my favorite meals for sure.

Post a Comment