Friday, December 16, 2011

2011

Welp I think I can close the year out with a ‘few’ items that I actually have knitted within the last 12-13 months.

It appears since last December 2010 I’ve been on a 6 month cycle of knitting items and just failed to post about them.

So let me give you some photos and some words to record them in knitting history and proof that I still do it.

JUST ENOUGH POLAR


Pattern:Just Enough Cowl
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in Polar Morn, 1 skein
Needle: Think I used a US10 or 11…so long ago I cant remember!
Timeframe: December 2010 over a couple days
Summary: Knitted this for a quick & easy project to shake the stress of the 2010 December month - Disney World, Marathon, Holidays, Move…..#whew
Perfect solution for the desire of a comfort knit!
Wanted it to match my Malabrigo Polar Morn beret knitted in 2009 to have a matching set.

BONE CRUSHER

Pattern: Boneyard Shawl
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Tonal, 4 skeins in #6321 - Always wanted to knit with this yarn…didn’t like the rabbit hair though.
Needle: US8 on 40” circular
Timeframe: June-July – I wanted something to cover my arms in the church’s AC!
Summary: During this project I declared: “Crushing My Knitting Blues Away!!”
Bumpy start since I was on a knitting hiatus, but it was great practice on my M1L M1R again and of course the good ole fashion K,P! This is my 1st project since I tied the knot :)

HIS CHRIStmas HAT

Pattern:Hurricane Hat
Yarn: Noro Kogarashi – Had to get my 1st love in!! Hadn’t tried this line yet. Colorway #21. Used up ¾ of a hank
Needle: US5 magic looped
Timeframe: December 2011
Summary: My husband Chris’ 1st knitted item by me. He is super excited.
I wouldn’t knit for him until after we were married :) #newlyweds #8months #overdue
Because of the natural texture of the yarn (including color/specks) it really wasn’t necessary to do the pattern as you can barely see it…but it added character. Plan to make matching fingerless gloves for him.

12 Comments:

  1. SissySees said...
    Lovely knits!! Wishing you and your husband a joyous Christmas season.
    Cas... said...
    I've so missed your posts! Great projects!

    Merry Christmas to you!
    QueenDBW said...
    Love your fos! You've inspired me to resuscitate my blog :-)
    Adrienne said...
    LOOK WHO BLOGGED! I STILL haven't finished my shawl lol
    Batty said...
    Wow, you have been busy!

    I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! It's good to "hear" from you again.
    Sereknitty said...
    Just catching up now, on your blog posts and was delighted to read your news - congratulations!!!
    Becka said...
    Hello my friend! Long time no chat, I apologize, I've been out of the "blog loop" for a long time and am trying to catch up! hope you stop by my blog...I'm back in the personal blogging swing (finally!).
    And, I must say...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    Happy New Year!!!
    Paul Campbell said...
    Paul Campbell here
    Oklahoma Baptist National Convention
    not sure is you remember we were like 12.
    paccampbell1976@aol.com
    Paul Campbell said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Purl Buttons said...
    Oh, no! I just discovered you and want to be a regular reader but you got married and got busy and now you don't post! Hope you pick it up again. I will check back.
    ovoqq said...
    bengop said...

Post a Comment