Monday, May 07, 2007

So You Really Do Knit?

I really do!! LOL :op

It appears that lately I have been talking about all the yarn, mags, notions and gadgets related to my all consuming hobby that it is now time to show you some work-in-progress (WIPs)!
Yeap that really does look like I have been working on a little something something!!!
<------------------

I finished up panel #2 (of 5) for the Lizard Ridge last night.

I have been working on mastering my short rows! WHOA!

And just can't get enough of that funky stuff! HAHA!
This project has been having me strung out --- ADDICTED!!!

Yep I love knitting this project up!

Ain't it puuuuurrrrrrrrttttyyyy?????
------------------>

Who got those short rows down???

Say Crimson Purl!!!!! :op

Who needs to learn how to knit backwards!! LOL
Like I said this afghan is so fun to knit. The color changes on the NORO makes it exciting!

I have decided to go ahead and work 5 panels to make it wider. Below are pics of the 6 squares of the 2nd panel that were all knitted together.

Of course I went back to work to take some pics on the high digi cam to really show the workmanship if this fabulous knitter! :o)
Since I started taking them at my supervisor's desk, might as well keep up the tradition! Haha! But my desk really is clean now! :op

Here are squares one and two in color #s 226 & 241 from top to bottom:And here are squares three and four in colorway #205 & #251And here are the last two squares of the panel #243 and # 241
So since I was all done with panel #2 yesterday, this morning there was a very odd thing that happened............and my needles ended up looking like this: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But I quickly rectified that by casting on with #224!! This will be my first time using this colorway and I really like it since 85% of it is purple!!! :o) I like some of the yellow golden colors that will pop out later too! Can't wait to see how this transforms!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really like the fact that I will only need to CO (cast on) five times and BO (bind off) five times instead of 24 times or in my case 30 times since I am doing an extra panel.

Other than the Lizard Ridge I have finally picked back up Ms. Marigold.

Now that I am learning how to crochet (the sleeves and armholes call for a simple SC) and I have my very long US3 needle size I think I am mentally ready to get going again!! :o)
So here is a WIP pic of Ms. Marigold:
I still need to put the ribbed neckline on and I am about 6 inches from starting the ribbed hem for the summer tank.....mmmh I am sure I will eventually be able to wear it this season after I block it into submission! Haha! :oD

3 Comments:

  1. Jada said...
    Your project are looking good.Great job.
    Adrienne said...
    YOU ARE SO SILLY!! LOL, looks good girl!
    Still Patrice said...
    Your needles look like my bra's underwire! lol
    I know i'm punished... going to my room now! :D

Post a Comment