Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I loved the Pay It Forward movie (gotta see it if you haven't yet!! Netflix it!), but more importantly I love the true action of the concept!

Well here is the knitter's version

....if only I wasn't such a selfish knitter! LOL
But there is only so much that these 2 hands and 2 needles can do! :op

Well a couple of weeks ago I decided to take part in the Pay It Forward (PIF) Knitter's version despite the majority of my projects are knitted for myself!

I figured this promise would be easy enough since I had "planned and tagged" 3 wonderful people I wanted to bestow a knitterly present upon already (it was just a matter of time haha)!

Those recipients would be: Hope (blogless), Fran (blogless), and Patrice

So here is how the PIF Knitter's Version goes:
It’s based of the concept of the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness are passed on.

So here’s how it works. You would will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to your blog requesting to join the PIF 'Knitter's Version'. You may not know what the gift will be yet, and it may not be sent this month, probably not next month, but it will be sent (within 6 months) and that’s a promise!

What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

So my promise (yeah I changed it up a little bit! Haha) is to knit something up for the three I mentioned above.
I happen to be in this along with Chan, Wendy (who got me started!), Becka, and Wendy's anonymous KnitTea swapper (see already starting on the right foot!). Not to mention how it is growing to others because it is being paid forward!

If you are interested in participating and making your own PIF Promise then have at it! Afterall we need to keep paying it forward!! :o)

Be on the look out in the future of my PIF items to be presented!

9 Comments:

  1. Becka said...
    Hey Hey Hey!! I wanted to let you know that one of my Pay It Forward Angels, Colleen (the very preggers rock star chick who also needs some crafters to sign up!) and I came up with a button (as you can see, it's a rather knitty button, too, LOL!)..she did the artwork and I played in Photoshop and have over 20 (yeah, you read correctly) different shapes and sizes for everyone's purposes and you can find them right here!! So...GO....GRAB a few buttons and show the world that we are spreading kindness and love all over the www!!!! (Remember, save button photos to your computer, please).
    Adrienne said...
    What a great concept!
    Still Patrice said...
    I'd seen this on someone else site and said "that's such a good idea" come over here and you are already off and running! LOL
    I feel special :D Love ya girlie
    Connie said...
    I love this idea, although have a few questions. I have im you with my questions...LOL

    You are always thinking of others!
    SissySees said...
    Love the button! Love the concept. Wish I was more tech-savy...
    Becka said...
    You are more than welcome for the buttons! Happy to have done them for such a fun and worthy exchange!
    If you have an overflow of joiners, please send them to Colleen, I had mistakenly thought she was going to begin PIFing later, but she isn't and I've been sending overflow everywhere when I should have been sending to her as well as my other 2 Pay It Forward angels, who are both full! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!
    Liz said...
    That's such a lovely idea. I'm a great believer in karma and this is that of the knitterly world!
    Anonymous said...
    i LOVE this concept. let me get through some necessary baby knittin' and i'll definitely join up!
    Sheila said...
    What a generous concept. I may just do it... now If I could just get my charity project started and finished...lol

Post a Comment