Saturday, October 20, 2007

I am an Exhibitionist!

Yep you may know what I am about to say.....;op After finishing my beloved Lizzie in August I contemplated about entering her into the state fair.

Entering into a state fair was never a figment of my imagination until recently. In fact, "when" I actually went to a state fair I would just scheme across the exhibits and definitely didn't think about the knitting section since I was not into knitting back then. Let alone entering into one!!

The ONLY reason why I considered entering was because Ms. Anna had talked so much about submitting her Lizard Ridge in one of her local state fairs (and won a blue ribbon too!), and I kept seeing others mentioning it as well (Spring, Yarn Pirate, etc.). So I figured why not?!? This could be a possibility! Coincidentally, I had just so happened to finish up Lizzie in time to enter her in the exhibits.

So last Saturday I couldn't be in two places at once. I was in Greensboro enjoying a great Yarnsploration Day! :o) And it just so happened I was already 1/2 way near R.aleigh where our North Carolina S.tate F.air had just opened up for the weekend.

Well with the state fair being open for only 9 whole days one of my girlfriends (Hey Allyson!!) was already going up to R.aleigh to take her Girl Scout troop there for a fun visit.

So I had to send my camera with her to take all the juicy pics for me!


I actually had not heard what the results were yet (believe me I tried) and I was dying to find out! My girlfriend went searching high and low for my afghan and had a hard time!

She found a table and thought the purple one with the flowers was mine :op


Nope! Those are quilts! But as you can see the fair is adamant about anyone not touching anything since they do not keep them enclosed in glass cases.

I must Thank my girlfriend Allyson again for being so tenacious about finding Lizzie!

She finally discovered the right building with 23 Girl Scouts in tow!!!! :oD And found the booth!

Can y'all see Lizzie? Ur uh.....No!

There she is!


How are they gonna have her in a corner without a ribbon!!! *hmph* What is that the corner for the "non-ribbon" afghans?!? *pooh* I was disappointed and trying so hard not to be bitter! Haha!

But it was good to lay eyes on her again! It had been a little while since I seen her.

So for the half glass is full moment: Glad I even tried!! AND even happier that I didn't have to drive 2.5 hours one way to enter into the exhibit. That would have been 3 separate trips! I successfully entered in the fair without ever having to set foot in R.aleigh (or I really would have been bitter)! Haha! A major factor that swayed me into entering! :op

I am so glad I had this experience! I became an e.xhibitionist! :oD

I just can't wait until Lizzie is back so I can soak her thoroughly and wrap up in her to keep cozy. It is now finally the season in which the morning and evening air is very cool, you want to just slurp soup, and break out the fuzzy slipper socks. This was the whole reason why I knitted her up in the first place so I can stay warm and snuggle up to her in the comfort of my own home!

But what made me feel a TON better was this pic

The Girl Scouts!! Thanks 'pumpkin' for waving at Ms. Stacey!! :o) Gotta love it!

26 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Awwwwwwww that last pic is sooooo sweet!!!! She took some great pics for you!!! I'll give Lizzie a ribbon!!!
    Wendy said...
    Oh.... nobody puts Lizzie in the corner.... ha! It's almost time for those yearly playing of those classic movies on a crappy weather Sunday afternoons. Lizzie will be a perfect snuggle buddy.
    Still Patrice said...
    looka you being all competitive and stuff and thang!! lol
    I'm with Adrienne, we gotta get you a ribbon!
    cpurl17 said...
    Hmmph! Lizzie wuz robbed! It's so gorgeous, it deserves a crown, not just some ole ribbon! :)
    SissySees said...
    The corner office is a prized, bigger room most often...

    She's lovely and WE all would have given you first place. Kudos for entering!

    Oh - and Google Reader rocks!
    turtlegirl76 said...
    You didn't get a ribbon? Boo hiss.
    Robin said...
    That's great that you exhibited Lizzie - good experience! Sorry you didn't win a ribbon - there's always next year! Cute pic of the Girl Scouts too!
    CiCi and CAJtalk said...
    awesome pictures and great post... I just tagged you as rocking girl blogger!!!!
    Unknown said...
    We give Lizzy a ribbon!
    Anonymous said...
    I can't believe you didn't get a ribbon! Lizzie is gorgeous, but you know that. At least you had the gumption to enter so good for you!

    And even though we don't get much cold down here, I'm also looking forward to slurping soup (or tea or cocoa) & wearing my handknit socks.
    WandaWoman said...
    Too bad about the entry in the State Fair, but it still looks beautiful!
    Sheila said...
    What a beautiful bunch of girls. Congrats on entering Lizzie although they failed to tell you about the ribbon its there... I just know it!
    Anonymous said...
    what the dilly?! it's a travesty to not see your lizzie with a ribbon!!! i think the judges were straight up sippin' on the wrong sauce!!!

    i feel ya about the commuting part. driving/ferry boating out to monroe wasn't fun, but i figured it was a necessary journey for my first 'fair.'

    i'm loving the last photo. those girls looked like they'd been trooped all over the fairgrounds, LOL! :-D
    Wendy said...
    Hey, I wanted to ask you, where do you get your colored reusable tape? I've been looking everywhere since you mentioned it months ago and I can't find it anywhere.
    woolly_booger said...
    What cute girl scouts! You deserved a ribbon, and I'm surprised you didn't get one! I say next year you enter the Cabarrus County Fair, then you can visit it in person - in fact we could have a Purls field trip!
    Janet Richards said...
    You go girl!!! State fair - and I was just aiming to get something in my county fair!! I'm proud of you!!!!
    diddlinaknits said...
    That's so great that you entered lizzie in the fair-sorry no ribbon but i bet she Loved having all thouse people see how Beautiful she is!! She gets a huge shiny red ribbon from Little Man and I!!!!!
    Deborah said...
    oh those little lovelies are adorable!
    KelInCal said...
    Good for you! Lizzie got to see lots of people, I bet!

    That's a lot of Girl Scouts! Whew! She must be a great leader!
    Debora said...
    I clicked on this photo to get a closer look at the handy crafts with the ribbons and I don't see what the big deal is!!!! The judges must don't know good knitting, good yarn, and a good use of color when they see it! Your's should have gotten first place or second at least. It looks great and you know it and that is all that matters!!!!!
    Sereknitty said...
    Your Lizzie is gorgeous! I started one a few months back, but it became apparent as I ploughed my way through the first block, sniffly, itchy & crabby, that I had developed an allergy to wool! Can you imagine? The absolute worst thing to happen to a die-hard wool only knitter! Needless to say, I didn't get past that first block, so am completely envious of your lovely blanket!
    Nik said...
    I went to the fair on Sunday and took a picture of your blanket. Well, the best picture I could because I couldn't get close to it...with the official old man security guard guarding it and all.
    Jeanine said...
    Those judges just don't know! Lizzie totally deserved a ribbon.
    Liz said...
    Lizzie looks great up there, she puts the others to shame. Give that girl a ribbon!
    The Crafty One said...
    My friend"s (a mk buddy)afghan is right next to your she did not win either it is the one with the cirCle in the middle. The world is small. Like I told her maybe I will submit an entry next year as well. She had this to say "the knitted waves one? I was with my mom and aunt and I told them that I thought that your friend's work was beautiful. Wow! 2 great afghans going home ribbonless. The one's that did win I thought were plain jane or ugly. Who knows what the judges were thinking?!"
    doreen said...
    the time alone you've got into lizzy should have gotten you something! looks like an awesome time though!

Post a Comment