Monday, October 08, 2007

A Witness to Democracy

that is what one of my friends said I was over the weekendand I must agree!

My girlfriend invited me for a quick road trip to hear O.bama with another friend and of course got lost in the great metropolis of R.ock Hill, SC Haha! :op But we finally got there and waited for B.arack to take the stage.

And the crowd went wild!

Of course I pulled out my digi cam along with the other hundreds of people and took a ton of pics hoping some will come out half way decent! Haha! :op

I am vertically challenged (and there was not one tall person around me!) so please excuse all the heads and there was one particular man's hand I wanted to chop off while I was there! Ugh!

This was actually the first presidential candidate rally I had ever attended, or for that matter wanted to attend. Don't get me wrong I have always exercised my right to vote but never jumped at going to hear a candidate at a rally until now.

B.arack of course spoke about all of the hot topics like the other candidates: health care, education, w.ar, etc. Then I remembered "Ooh! I have a video option on my camera!" Haha!

Of course, I missed all of his good "tag" lines and very good talking points. Dangnabit!

In my few video clips I got one really good one of him talking about education, parents, and us truly being the government...but of course you.tube would not let me upload as it is over the size limit.

But here is a short one of him talking about what others have seen his first entitled book



Well there I was experiencing a moment of history and glad I took the opportunity to witness democracy!!

20 Comments:

  1. Wendy said...
    Very cool! An experience that you will take with you for a lifetime and tell your kids about if he gets elected!

    Go democro girl!
    Adrienne said...
    Very, VERy cool!
    Jada said...
    WOW GIRL!!!Great video of him.I would have loved to hear him speak!
    Stacey said...
    Wow, that's excellent! I have loved him for a couple of years, since I read his autobiography...a must read!
    Still Patrice said...
    Looka you doing the democratic thing! You made it look look cool! That's hard to do with politics! Lol
    SissySees said...
    I am rather passionate about women exercising their right - and responsibility - to vote. What a great way to spend a day!
    Christie said...
    Very cool.
    KimT said...
    very very cool! I hope I get the chance to see him before the election. Thanks for checking in on my blog. We are busy getting ready for our adoption. I have been looking for a new place to live, fundraising, researching, etc...... Hopefully, I will blog soon re our adoption progress and a little knitting progress as well!
    Cas... said...
    That is something I never did! I should see if any canidates are in my area. I am sure it was a cool experience.
    Sheila said...
    What a great experience... Thanks for sharing.
    cpurl17 said...
    That's very cool. I've never been to a political rally either. One time Laura Bush came to the local Fairgrounds but she's from the wrong Party.
    diddlinaknits said...
    Sounds like it was quite an experience. I have never seen candidates speak. I have heard they really get into their speeches. Obama seeems like he would. I would'nt mind seeing him speak. Very Cool!!
    I heard thru the news we had a big debate with republicans here in a city that is like 10 mins away i bet those are kinda cool to see too. Debates gets heated lol. But i don't really go out of my way to listen to those because i can't vote. i know bad excuse but i let the news summarize for me. :)
    Anonymous said...
    i am so loving obama!!! knitters for obama, http://my.barackobama.com/page/group/KnittersforObama !!!
    Anonymous said...
    Cool! I've never gone to any political rallies (though I always vote), so it's great that you got to be there.
    Deborah said...
    love those pictures!!!!
    WandaWoman said...
    I went to hear Barack speak in March of this year. I was fortunate b/c we heard about this event pretty much at the last minute and my college instructor's political consulting firm was helping host the event, so I got in free. I truly felt like I was a part of something larger. Not sure if I will vote for him or not, but it was certainly exciting to hear him speak.
    Ms. Lee said...
    Oooh, exciting! I've never been to a presidential rally or debate. I need to get off my butt! I loves me some Barack! (PS. Hiya Stace!)
    Mama said...
    Very cool that you went - and that they let you take pictures!
    Robin said...
    That's great! I like him. I am soooooooooooooooooo sick of George Dubya (Dumbya.)
    Janet Richards said...
    Love it - democracy at work!

Post a Comment