Thursday, November 01, 2007

One more peek to show you what I picked up during my Greensboro Yarnsploration, this time from Yarns, Etc.

This LYS is the sister shop I visited while in Raleigh back in August. I had a much better experience at Yarns, Etc. And it was reflected in my pocketbook. Here are the goodies

I picked up one of those cute Lantern Moon project bags, Kookaburra Woolwash (just because I never used it before) and then I got bit by a bug!!!Can I please stop buying sock yarn!!! LOL At least until I start knitting up socks again!! :op

I just luuuuuuuv me some Jitterbug by Colinette! The colors just grab me! This is Castagna #128Can you see the puuuuurty colors?!? Purples, olives, and hints of pinks. Like I said I couldn't resist! All 110g is 100% merino wool. Very nice.

Maybe I can get myself together soon and get back in the saddle to knit up some socks again. Until then I will just lust over it in the privacy of my own home! :o)

19 Comments:

  1. Jada said...
    I am loving that yarn!!!
    Adrienne said...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Please start knitting socks!! LOL
    Carmell said...
    me likey!!! i have to force myself not to buy sock yarn. i have only bought 1 skein and have never knitted socks...started. i just love the coloryways of sock yarn.
    Anonymous said...
    Oooh, I bought some Jitterbug a couple of weeks ago, but I think yours is prettier. That is one gorgeous skein of yarn!
    SissySees said...
    I love Jitterbug. I have some already wound up, waiting to become monkey socks for me, after the Christmas knitting is behind me.

    I also love my Lantern Moon project bag. It's perfect for socks, hint, hint...
    Deborah said...
    How many Yarns, Etc. are there?? Maybe I can open a Yarns Etc. East, hmmmmmm.
    Cas... said...
    Beautiful yarn dear! You must tell us how you like the wool wash. It would be nice to have a review.
    Anonymous said...
    Sock yarn IS addictive...they need to go ahead & put a warning on them like they do cigarettes. Yours is lovely!
    KelInCal said...
    The sock yarn rocks - you chose well! I could think of a jillion things to knit up with that right now! Well, maybe not a whole jillion...
    WandaWoman said...
    Girl, you can't help with Colinette. Their colorways are so compelling. When I'm in the LYS, I have to stop looking at the Colinette. I've made socks with that particular colorway and loved it. My colors were a bit softer in color. It's so funny to see how the handpaint/handdyed yarns vary, even by a commercial company.

    I think you need to knit some more socks!
    Nik said...
    i didn't know you bought that sock yarn. you can always make me some socks.

    Size 9.
    Knitaholictoo said...
    Ooooglin' (and droolin') ov'a the yarn! It is soooo pretty! I haven't knitted socks yet, but I've got yarn, just in case. LOL! Thanks for the comment on my knitcase! I'll be doing a show this weekend...I'm always nervous the night before. I think I need on of Nik's quick prayers!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Beautiful Yarn!!!!! i can understand why you gave in to the power of the bug :)
    Michelle B said...
    Gorgeous! I love that color!
    Anonymous said...
    ah, i love that colinette, still haven't knit a pair of socks out of 'em yet, LOL. i love the color you chose ! ! !
    Jeanine said...
    I have one of those bags! Aren't they cute??? That's some pretty Jitterbug!
    Anonymous said...
    Oh yum yum yum. I just discovered jitterbug after my sock swap pal made me socks from it, and it's so nice. That is a seriously nice colorway.
    Janet Richards said...
    I luv Jitterbug too! And the Purple is too cute!!! Good find.
    doreen said...
    looks soooooo yummy!

Post a Comment