Sunday, January 13, 2008

Swap Attack!

Now y'all know it is a new year so I will be in some new swaps! :oD

I really like the short-term swaps - 1 simple package and BOOM! You are done!

Well I signed up for 3 swaps already for the 1st quarter of the year. :o) A secret scarf swap with Ebony Elite (you know this is a big deal for me since I don't like knitting swaps), a Valentine swap I am organizing with Charlotte Purls called "My Purly Valentine" that I am really excited about, and the last swap I couldn't resist is a Malabrigo Swap on Ravelry.

How about the last swap that I signed up for and the one that is "due" last (February 28th) is the 1st package I get!!!!!

Dang! My spoiler was F-A-S-T!!!
She even F.edEx it to me!!
Bree sent a fabulous package! It was filled with WONDERFUL yarns!! Malabrigo of course! :oD
She sent me the lace weight that I have been wanting to try and in velvet grape that none of the LYS here carry! Yah!!!!

Also, in my package was a hand knitted scarf in Malabrigo!! That was not part of the swap!
Bree knew Velvet Grape is my favorite Malabrigo colorway, but she went a little further in spoiling me and did some extra research (my Ravelry que!) to discover that I wanted to knit up the Bainbridge Scarf one day in the future ;op and she did it for me!!!!! Oh My!!! So unexpected! She is GOOD!! :oD
I love it!! And did I already mention it is my favorite yarn & colorway?!? :oD

Then tucked in my package was another surprise of yarn not Malabrigo! Refreshing!
Of Blue Sky Alpacas 'Suri Merino' in a crimson color!! This is my first time having Blue Sky yarn (I know! Really!) and then in this delightful uber soft merino...very niiiiiicce! It is in colorway #419, 60% baby suri 40% merino.

Included in my package was also 4 patterns that Bree sent, and one of them I could use my Suri yarn with called the Matchgirl fingerless gloves! Which the yarn is the exact weight to make for them! I was just thinking not too long ago how I really wanted to do another pair of fingerless gloves!

In haste to get a good daylight photo shoot of my package I forgot to show in the main package pic my cute Lantern Moon project bag that was included too!!

That was because it was already in use!! ;op Shhhh! My Ebony Elite secret scarf is in there! :o)

I really love these cute project bags and have one in purple, so the CRIMSON one was just perfect!! I want a few more of these because you can never have enough mini project bags! ;o) Which again I have yet to see any of my LYS in the area carry these. So it was a great surprise!

Let me also not forget to mention that my sweet pal sent me a sweet Caramel Truffle candy bar by N.estle which just so happens to be in a purple wrapper. Yum! I sure know what will be for dessert today! :o)

Thank you Thank you Thank you Bree for my so very thoughtful reveal package!!!

I am thoroughly enjoying it! :oD

Today is also a day that I must take notice!

I must say Happy Founders' Day to over 200,000 of my sorors in Delta Sigma Theta!!

24 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Great package!!!!! hmmmm, new year...try a swap??? LOL
    Emily said...
    Wow, that is a fantastic swap package! I'm getting jealous here...
    Sereknitty said...
    All that fabulous stuff should keep you going for awhile??!
    Anonymous said...
    Malabrigo.... Ooh, how I love it! And that Bainbridge looks so pretty in that color... Enjoy all of your goodies!
    Don said...
    Malabrigo would be a great name for a newborn son.
    Don said...
    Malabrigo Richards.

    *keeping my fingers crossed that he's not a knitter*
    Don said...
    Not that I have anything against knitters...I am just saying.

    *immediately blocking all email spam from knitters*
    Darcys Knotty Knitter said...
    Bree was thoughtful indeed Iam wanting to try the lace malabrigo I even bought lace addi's in anticipation of making the knit and tonic easy flame scarf that scarf is gorgeous that is neat that she knit you a gift:)Darcy
    Anonymous said...
    Holy cow what a package!! And Blue Sky? Love it. Seriously. If anything competes with Malabrigo for my favorite yarn, it's blue sky - even their cotton is amazing.
    elle said...
    Happy Founders' Day, Soror!
    Gwyneth Bolton said...
    Happy Founders' Day, Soror!

    Gwyneth
    andrea said...
    what an awsome package! What are you going to make with the lace weight? Its the first time i've seen velvet grapes with that much bright purple - gorgeous!
    WandaWoman said...
    Dang, that was really a lovely package your partner sent you. I love the Velvet Grapes colorway, so I can see how you might be infatuated with it. The scarf is so pretty too!
    Anonymous said...
    Your swap partner REALLY hooked you up ! ! ! :-p Cute, cute, cute. I haven't seen those Lantern Moon tote bags in yarn stores either, definitely worth looking at. HAPPY FOUNDERS DAY to you and your sisters! :-D

    EE - OOP ! ! !
    Wendy said...
    I kknow you are just loving up that scarf... gorgous!!! I'm jealous I tell ya!
    Breean E. Miller said...
    So glad you like it Crimson Purl! lol
    Christie said...
    Nice!
    chicagopurl said...
    Hey girl, congrats on your day! My cousin is a "sister" of yours so I enjoyed through her LOL! Send me an email - I want to join the SWAPS too! I want a package just like yours LOL!! Now I'm on the hunt again and this is NOT a PAYWEEK LOL!!!
    diddlinaknits said...
    WHOOO HOOO!! great package! so many goodies-she spoiled u good!
    Mama said...
    Looks like Christmas came two times this year!

    Happy Founders Day!!!

    ps: where can I find that scarf pattern?
    Connie said...
    Sorry I am late in seeing this post. My new pc was logging into the wrong Google Reader and therefore, no new post?

    I finally realized this and bam over 85 new post to catch up on.

    Love your swap goodies and looking forward to the CP Purly Valentine Swap!
    Macoco said...
    That is an amazing swap package! The scarf is beautiful. Also, thank you for your nice comment on my blog! :)
    kelly said...
    awesome packages! i'm a total swap addict... in fact, i'm hosting a travel swap right now. you should check it out!
    KelInCal said...
    Girl, you get the best swap packages! Let me know how you like the Malabrigo lace - I've been wanting to get some.

    Love the scarf! Lucky!

Post a Comment