Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Olympic Training

*stretch*

*lunge*

*bend*

Yep that's right I am getting myself ready for the summer Ravelympics!! :oD

3 days until I cast on!!!

I will be in the Synchronized Flirty Skirts & Sock Put events with Team Charlotte Purls and WIPs Wrestling event with Team Charlotte Yarn!! YAY!!

I made sure not to try and put too much on my knitting plate, and thinking that during the 17 days of the summer olympics that this is doable!

The most important thing for me in training is getting my mind right. Whew!

I have been wanting to do my indigo ripple skirt forever! Got the yarn last July! Studied the KAL board, made all the pertinent notes on my pattern, and just for some reason got stuck.....never casted on.

Which is why I signed up for Ravelympics!

And since I am already doing Summer of Socks (S.O.S.) I figured I would throw in a pair halfway thru and do the Anastasia with my new Noro sock yarn! In fact, I will be doing it as a mini KAL with a mini group of great ladies! :o)

Getting a long awaited WIP off my needles wouldn't hurt either. My second Lillian tank (Tangee) is waiting to be seamed and get some ribbed borders on the neckline and armholes (y'all know how much I just love that! Haha). The 1st one I made is in the mail and on the way to the birthday girl; but promise I won't be mad if she doesn't wear it! Haha! Lets just say it was a labor of love ;op Haha!

OOh! You gotta check out my gurl Shemeka's Ravelympic stitchmarkers!! Go get ready!!

We are having a F.U.N. time over in the Ravelympics Group! Come on by and join us before the big opening ceremony bang on August 8th!!

21 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Think this will motivate me to knit that tank??? LOL
    SissySees said...
    I wanna' see that skirt! Thank goodness I don't have long to wait.

    I didn't put my socks in the Ravelympics. I'm not sure I'd finish, and I had already put in hats...
    Renee said...
    Deep knee bend, squat, side bend . . . I am in training too. I even knit a swatch AND blocked it GASP! I have never done this much prep before. Good luck to you! That skirt is going to be gorgeous!
    Cas... said...
    I am so loving the skirt you have chosen. It's fabulous! I can see you wearing it too.

    The socks are super cool. I like the design a lot. I see you will be very busy. But I know you will work it out and bring home the gold! LOL!

    Make It Work! LOL!
    Anonymous said...
    That skirt is such a great pattern. It's going to be lovely!
    craft-chick said...
    You are so funny...I hope you are doing finger and wrist stretchs too, you wouldn't want to pull a hand muscle!
    Anonymous said...
    Um, yeah, no. Last time I joined one of your groups, I never even got halfway through the darned sweater! I also have to say that a skirt is one thing I will NEVER knit. The thought of my butt in knitted fabric is just - SHUDDER!
    Don said...
    Hey Adrienne.

    @ stacey: Good luck on your knitting endeavors. I have been coming to your blog for awhile now and not once have I ever not seen you display those passionate knitting thoughts and skills.

    Sometimes you even make me want to pick up and needle and yarn.







    ...I'm only kidding. LOLOLOL.
    Michelle B said...
    OHH looks like better get those fingers warmed up!! I can't wait to see all your projects!!
    Marin (AntiM) said...
    Yee-haw! I am also competing in the Ravelympics, but in different events, which is nice.

    Nobody will have to go Tanya Harding on anybody else.
    cici said...
    I am gearing up for it as we speak. You have some nice projects.:D Love those stitch markers.
    Shameka said...
    Hehe!! You are so funny. I have never made a skirt before, so I am going to live vicariously through you on this one. I hope all goes well, as I am sure it will. Thank you for the recognition for my stitch markers. I have had a lot of fun making them, and anticipate that I will be making a whole lot more. LOL!! 2 more days to go. Aren't you excited!!!
    tina said...
    You have to get your mind right first????? OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH honey, I am not sure that this is a good plan!!! HA!

    Seriously, you go! I'm just planning a wip wrestling project. Only way that Cable Luxe is evah' gonna' get off my needles!!!!!!
    Ally Jay said...
    That skirt is so fab. Needed the warm up exercises too. I'm doing the baby dressage event, and maybe a sweater too.
    Liz said...
    How exciting!!!!! You will have such fit and toned fingers!! lol. That skirt is fab, can't wait to see it, that's such an incentive to do a quick knit too!
    Janet Richards said...
    It's going to be so much fun - Friday is almost here!
    Still Patrice said...
    ooh good luck with your Flirty Skirt.. I have that pattern in my little folder. Maybe you'll inspire me :)
    Anonymous said...
    Good luck!
    Sheila said...
    Don't forget yoga keeps you grounded with times get yarny...lol. Looking forward to progress posts.
    Sourire11 said...
    I'm right here with you on the Olympics! It's gong to be so much fun!
    Ms.Erika said...
    Ummm I told Don I would get him to knit!

    I still haven't joined a group but I plan to cast on a sweater and finish that cable throw that I keep putting down. Maybe I'll throw in a couple washcloths for good measure.

    Good Luck!

Post a Comment