Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grab a Lifeline

Alright a lot of you were amazed at the wonders of a lifeline and inquired how it exactly works.

I actually took it for granted that a lot of people already knew about this trick!

Well this knitting secret power was passed onto me by Turtlegirl some time ago...can't remember when as we sit & knit together from time to time! ;o)

So here I am wanting to ensure I pass on this gem of knowledge to all of you lovelies!!! :oD

(psst...forgive the picture quality, as I didn't think about capturing it until the early morning hours of trying to finish up my Phenomenal Ripple)

1. You need a needle set that has a tiny hole at the cable join (i.e. Denise/Options)

2. You then get your handy dandy dental floss! (tee hee my dentist would be so proud of me! Haha)

Or anything that fits into that hole and thread it thru...tie a knot so it will stay

3. Then you begin knitting that particular row (normally a non-pattern row) and watch it thread itself thru your stitches while knitting!
That is it!!

Hope that helps you in saving any knits in the future....the key is to actually USE IT! LOL

Have any questions about this easy technique?? If so, I will answer them in the comment section this time so others can view them as well.

Now go forth and grab yourself a lifeline

to avoid any heartache on your projects!! :o)

24 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    LOL Lifelines are the TRUTH!! It saved me when I was knitting my orange sweater that I can't remember the name of right now...

    Hi Don! ;-)
    cici said...
    Thanks for this.. I am happy to learn the techique. I used it when I wasn't using my options,but I just threaded it through anyway.:D
    Anonymous said...
    Amazing! I wish I had known of that when I was making that baby blanket last year. It would have saved me a lot of time. Thanks!
    urbanknitrix said...
    I wished I used it during Hemlock Ring, I was told to do so, but I thought I didn't need it. Well that is why I started over two times. I SHOULD be using it to knit Ene, but again hard head, and you know what the elders said about that.
    Still Patrice said...
    ahhhh such a neat little doobie ;)
    Mama said...
    Fantastic! I knew aboutlifelines but never used them as I didn't want to take the time to feed one through via darning needle - your way is GREAT!!
    SissySees said...
    LOL... Thanks for the tutorial, but I will remain cavalier until something takes me through the school of hard knocks badly enough to change my ways!
    Carmell said...
    OH that is so much easier than the way i was doing it!!! thanks!
    Anonymous said...
    I have used and loved lifelines before. It is great that you are showing an even easier way as my use was pre-Options needles. Great job spreading the love.
    Jeanine said...
    Yes, I agree. Lifelines are the best. Kudo's to you for sharing and using it.
    Sheila said...
    Thanks for the tip.
    Robin said...
    That is a great way to go about it - I knew how to do it the pre-Options way, but this is much easier. I don't have Options yet but this could be a reason...
    Michelle B said...
    so much easier to to the lifeline with the options! the little hole there is just so convienent!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Well your super secret agent hole is a big help :) Lifelines are a huge saver-if you use them :O
    tina said...
    Lifelines are the best! I could not even think of lace without it. (Or sometimes with it!)

    You are quite the tutorial one! Great job!
    Dwanna said...
    OUSTANDING Lesson....Thank you...I've never used a life-line I will be giving that a super-duper try! The stuff you learn blog stalking!
    Anonymous said...
    Hmm, that's way easier than the method I use. You really do learn something every day!
    Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...
    Great tip! :)
    Anonymous said...
    Great tutorial on the life line. I've tried it before but I think I like living on the edge. Bad me. I should use a life line more!
    Anonymous said...
    BRILLIANT!! I had heard of this, but didn't understand until your tutorial.....thanks
    Andrea said...
    Lifelines are great!!
    Batty said...
    Ah yes, the lifeline. I wish I were disciplined enough to put one in! I'm an all or nothing kinda girl, I guess.
    Deborah said...
    girlfriend, that tip is worth more than that dead prez says your blog is worth!! What an idea! I can't wait to try it. Although, while you have the fancy harmony needles, I'll have to see if it works on my denises...

    Personally, I think your blog is worth millions but what do dead prez's know?
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the great tip!! I will certainly use this one from now on.

    PS: I'm sorry it's taken me forever to get over here and comment.

Post a Comment