Monday, September 01, 2008

Laborless Weekend

This was a really nice laid back weekend :o)

I got a nice pedicure and my nails polished in a new color,
then had a mini private concert in the comforts of my own living room with Commissioned Live! Haha!

Got some much needed rest by catching up on my sleep. I had major insomnia all last week.
So it felt good to be sleeping beauty over this extra day.

Sunday I went to a fun get together with some of my belly.dancing gurls...see for yourself:

We had a good time dishing dirt and laughing throughout the evening! :oD

I finally watched my netflix DVDs that were sitting on my counter for almost a month! One was good, one was stupid.

Awhile back I took part in the 40% sale on Knit.PicksStocked up on my EZ books, B.ordhi, and sock needles/cables...oh and some extra yarn I needed...ur um wanted.

I finally got off my extended knitting break from Ravelympics and picked up my needles again ;op

However, I had a little trial & error with picking up the neckline of my tank

it ended up puckering out...so I need to find some energy to rip it back out and try again...sigh

Also this right here

for a $1.98 Works!! My first time using some Fray Check on my Phenomenal Ripple to keep it togetha! :o)

Lately, I have been snatching up knit magazines like they are going to sell out!

Well let me go get some more rest before another work day creeps back up on me!

Have a FABULOUS week and September!


25 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Looks like you had a good time! Glad you got some sleep!!
    Stacey said...
    Happy September - glad you got some rest - that was pretty much my weekend as well :)
    cici said...
    Yes it was a great weekend.. Now back to the grind. I love your belly dancing avatar:D
    Cas... said...
    Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    Your get together sounds like fun!
    Janet Richards said...
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful Labor Day. Your belly dancing gathering looked yummy :) Have a great week!
    chicagopurl said...
    You had a great weekend! Love it! Hey can you please send me some of the recepies, like for the shrimp and broccoli pasta and that pie!!! I will pay!!! You all ate REAL well!
    Still Patrice said...
    yall look like yall had a good time!

    my little insomniac :) Thank God that's passed lol
    Shameka said...
    That is a great way to end the fun-filled summer. Relaxation and girl talk!!! It bnever goes out of style. I can't wait to see what that knitpicks yarn will become.
    SissySees said...
    Glad you had a nice weekend. Aren't packages fun?
    Don said...
    Adrienne, you are first. You know this calls for a celebration, right? I had to give you a seperate comment section. So proud of you. LOL.
    Don said...
    Stacey, the food looks delicious. And this is coming from someone who knows good food when he see good food. I like how you had the food brought in by a catering service then turned around and placed it within pots and plates, so we would think that you cooked the food.

    THAT is smart.





    LOLOLOL.
    Hope you had a good weekend. I see that you were able to relax...
    diddlinaknits said...
    Oh you had a good weekend, gathering with the ladies and catching up on sleep!!!
    Great magazine choices-i have all as well beside the Knitting one-i usually look at my mom's when she buys it. They usually come out all at the same time it hard not to go rushing out to gather them all. I love mags!!!!
    Ally Jay said...
    I love going to borders and gathering up all the knitting magazines to flick through while I drink my coffee. I know there's never going to be enough years in my life to complete everything but it's ok to dream.
    Anonymous said...
    Are there any mags left in the store, LOL???

    Glad you were able to chill for a bit.
    Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...
    Sounds like a good weekend! Great stuff from Knit Picks. I may have to place an order there soon :D
    Denise said...
    LOL, I have every one of those mags too ;-)
    Sounds like your Labor(less) Day was wonderful.
    Anonymous said...
    doncha just luuuurve long weekends? i got a lot done too. knitting that is. nuttin else! HA!

    hey, did you know SAFF is 2 months away?? i paid for my ticket already. SQUEEE!
    Anonymous said...
    Glad you're sleeping better and have been having a great time!
    Susan said...
    I really enjoyed reading that post...except I was already HUNGRY before I read it! lol.

    I'll have to try that fray - at that price, why not?!
    Batty said...
    There's nothing like a little pampering to brighten the spirit. And what a great time for knitting stuff to come in the mail! Perfect for a long weekend.

    Good luck with the neckline. The color of that tank is so pretty, I hope you can fix it.
    carlita dee said...
    The get together looks like it was big time fun!
    Liz said...
    mmmmm, caramel apple and pear pie....... sounds like a weekend you really needed and enjoyed!
    Jada said...
    Girl you know you are always having a good time!!!I want to do something like that with my girlfriends one day!!
    Macoco said...
    I'm glad to hear that the insomnia passed - sounds very frustrating. Hope your September is going well!
    maceknits said...
    Yay, you have the EZ books! Have a good time with those. Love the new layout of your blog. Very Crimson!

    Stacey

Post a Comment