Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Fav LYS Lurve!

I LURVE me some Charlotte Yarn!

Just when I didn't think my most favoritest (yes I made that up!) local yarn shop couldn't get anymore favoritest it does!!

This weekend was their first weekend in the new place and I lurve it!! :o)

AAh I love the colors (eggplant purple my fav!!), the openness, the windows, the hardwood floors! Yep! It has good vibes over there and great people! Here is the new place (view slideshow):


And I got me some fibers while there today too!

My very sweet co-workers from my old job gave me a gift certificate to my most favoritest yarn shop!! :o)

I guess me talking about Charlotte Yarn 3,902,816 times gave them a clue what I would really enjoy! :op THANK YOU Sarah, Kehler, and Amy for the great gift!!!

I finally used it on some yummy Fleece Artist in Rainforest and Amythest....BEAU.TI.FUL!!
I have been coveting this yarn for a long time, but didn't want to make the commitment quite yet. Gotta love gift certificates! :o)

So I changed my mind and the Rainforest is going to become my Alhambra scarf now! ;op

Okay off to chase down my knitting mojo again!!!

27 Comments:

  1. Wendy said...
    Wow! What a treat!
    Cas... said...
    I "lurve" gift certificates too! Unfortunately I don't get many! LOL!

    Your new yarn shop look fabulous! Enjoy yourself!
    Denise said...
    That looks a great LYS.Every time I go to mine I feel like cleaning the place up :( It's so messy!!!
    Michelle B said...
    OHH what fun!!!!!
    Janet Richards said...
    Ahh - Fleece Artist. To lovely choices, how sweet of them to bless you with a gift certificate. And thanks for the pics, I have to visit the new shop!
    sophanne said...
    hooray hooray hooray for lys's
    DeltaPurl said...
    I actually thought about coming to Charlotte today to go to the new store!
    Ally Jay said...
    The Lillian tank looks so great. The LYS seems like a fab place to hang out and how lucky you were to have some gift vouchers. Love the yarns you chose.
    Unknown said...
    Beautiful colors! Can't wait to see them worked up.
    Sheila said...
    You Gals are going to have major knitting fun at the new place. Gorgeous yarn.
    SissySees said...
    Oooh! I'm hoping to have a report on the new LYS to the north later this week, and I'm hoping it's as good as I've heard.

    Love the new yarn too!
    Adrienne said...
    Girl that yarn is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
    Don said...
    wow @ Adrienne's coming in here, knowing she's late, and trying to play it off.

    Good afternoon, Stace. I'm feeling under the weather today. Hope your day is warm and pleasant.
    Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...
    Very nice shop! Great yarn you got, too :)
    Jeanine said...
    That's some pretty looking yarn you have there.
    Anonymous said...
    Those are some beautiful yarns you have there. I can definitely see the Alhambra pattern.
    Anonymous said...
    You so didn't make up that word. My daughters say it all the time. :) Fun!
    TLCknits said...
    New LYS looks so FUN!!!! those colors are gorgeous...
    Anonymous said...
    hellooooooooo. Your work is beautiful. That yarnshop is beautiful. I frequently visit NC and usually have few hours between flights before I go to New Bern... could you tell me the nearest yarnshop CLT airport?
    Virtuous said...
    @ Cabreena - sorry I didn't have your e-mail address to respond to you directly.

    But the nearest on to the airpot would be Baskets of Yarn @ (www.basketsofyarn.com).
    It is a little difficult to find - FYI
    Still Patrice said...
    Ahh How nice of your friend :)

    Cute colors
    tina said...
    Fleece Artist, mucho delish!

    Love the colors, get knittin' lady!
    Mama said...
    Girly-goo - if that beeeeutiful store + the geeeorgious yarn you've bought doesn't bring back the mojo, I do not know what will!

    xx
    Sereknitty said...
    Yup, good choice for the Alhambra. Mine is FINALLY off the needles and awaiting a good soak and stretch.
    Knitaholictoo said...
    LOL, they must lurve you! "Anastasia" is ao pretty!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Oooo Love it!!! Shop looks great and so does that yarn. Gift Certificates are the best!
    Anonymous said...
    You have come so far in your knitting and I am still trying to crank out a pair of socks! That is beautiful yarn, do they ship internationally? Gina

Post a Comment