Friday, November 21, 2008

"Tis the season

TO STAY WARM!!!

right now on this lovely sunny mid-day it is 42 degrees here, but feels like 35 degrees...according to weather.com (especially with that whippin' wind whistlin outside my window !)...for us here in the south that is cold! Haha! :oD

So I've been peepin out my favorite place (tar.jay) and all of their latest "knit/crochet" items to keep folks warmThose are definitely cute! But will they really keep me warm? Ha!

And y'all know I got a thang for fingerless gloves and spotted these hanging aroundI swear it almost looks like someone hand knitted them!! *pfft* Acrylic! I need 100% wool on my hands for warmth please!

This time of the year always makes me wonder if it is just easier, cheaper, and much faster just to buy this stuff straight off the racks......and the answer typically is yes for me!

Unless you want something unique...one of a kind...just for you! Then it's all worth it baby!!I had not forgotten (okay...almost tee hee) that this is the season for NOROvember!!!!!

I cranked those puppies out pretty quickly (2 at a time of course!) and will do it F.O. justice soon, as I plan to knit up another pair for me this time!
Love those colors!! And I am not even a pink gurl! I believe the chocolate and black help influence me! ;o)

Figured since I am jazzin' things up around my way with colors and all I would try black on my fingernails too! ;op Very different for me as I normally stick to light colors or french. Me likey! I received more compliments about my nails the last 2 days then I ever have before! Haha!

And what I am holding is my newest perfume scent that I finally settled on (it takes me forever to commit to a smell on my body) Diamonds by Armani...I luv Armani and the men scent version of this is even better!! Gotta get me a man of mine (A.S.A.P.) to wear that so I can smell it all the time on him ;op

*clears throat*

Back to the regular scheduled blog post! Haha!

Since there is 9 more days left in the month and some holiday vacay time thrown in there too, I am hoping I can crank out a few more NORO projects since I have the yarn/patterns all lined up and waiting for me...we will see

Have a wonderful weekend!!

And if I don't speak to you in time for the big Turkey Day then enjoy!

29 Comments:

  1. urbanknitrix said...
    Hey lady!!! Those gloves look cute, but yours is better!! I love black and dark fingernail polish. Especially this time of year. Right now I am rocking the blue.

    I am so jealous of you being able to knit. I so dont know how that feels any more.
    smariek said...
    Too funny, I've stopped by that same rack at my Target and saw those gloves too. Sure it's easy to just buy a pair, but I just can't do it when I know I can make a nicer pair of mitts for around the same price.

    Those Noro colors are gorgeous.
    Anonymous said...
    Hee hee, my one & only (so far) Noro project is fingerless mitts just like yours. :)

    And the wind is COLD here too - it feels like 20 degrees here & will be even lower tomorrow! Eek!
    Unknown said...
    what is the pattern for your noro wrist warmers, they are adorable! and which yarn is the noro on the bottom of the last photo? i love it!
    Michelle B said...
    OH I like your mitts! I know I see those in the stores and I wonder...I want wool to warms my fingers though! It's only in the 20s here today and wind chills in the teens BBRRRR!
    Virtuous said...
    @ Eagillette - sorry I didn't have your e-mail addy to respond back to you directly.

    Thanks for the kind comment!
    The fingerless mitts are the Kolenyas and the yarn you are inquiring about is Iro. Come back and visit :o)
    Emily said...
    I am working on a Noro project, too! Should be done over the weekend. ;-)
    Anonymous said...
    Do you suppose that someday you will live in a house knit entirely from Noro and Malabrigo? ;) Cute mitts.

    Have a great weekend!
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    every month is NOROvember. NOROuary, NORObruary, NOROarch, NOROpril....
    Adrienne said...
    Those are too cute! Hmmmmmm lol
    Knitty Cent said...
    love the NOROvember selection. that turned out really nice. LOL @ armani scent. nothing like a good smelling man! ^_^
    Anonymous said...
    Love the gloves! Who needs to buy off the rack when you can make your own one-of-a-kind?

    I LOVE Armani perfumes...the only one I wear is Sensi.
    Liz said...
    Lovely gloves, but if you want cold, come visit me!!!! Forecast snow for us tomorrow. We are huddling by a roaring fire tonight!!!!
    Blanche Knits in DC said...
    i totally tried on those orange mitts like the green ones! AND I said that same thing! I ended up knitting some Toasty's. That's too funny! Have a great Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see what you've made.
    Sheila said...
    Custome-made knits are better than store bought any time. I really need to try out some Noro.
    diddlinaknits said...
    Brrr it is cold all over!!
    I have noticed lots of handknitted looking items at the differnt stores in their sweater and gloves and scarfs. They wanna all be cool like us!!
    great pair of mitts-love the color
    Looking forward to more Noro goodness.
    Stay warm and Happy Thankgiving to you as well!!
    Cas... said...
    Well, as you told me before "you knit for the love of the craft". That's what I think when I shop and buy knitted/crocheted items. I would love to make all my own things but is it possible or reasonable. I think not.

    I love your fingerless gloves. Nice Noro!
    WandaWoman said...
    I like those mitts. I see some cute handknit-lookalike items, but I'd rather knit my own. 1, I can knit something out of my stash and 2, I can knit something that works with my wardrobe, and 3, I can customize those mitts for maximum length and size for my hands. And I get such a keen feeling knowing that I knit something to keep me warm.

    Noro is always a good thing to knit with, no matter the month! Cute mitts.
    Anonymous said...
    Store bought knits? No way. Not from a talented knitter like you. :)
    SissySees said...
    Yours are SO much prettier, and warmer too, I'm sure!
    Nik said...
    i was looking at the fingerless gloves in target last night. I thought, "hell, i can do better than this!" They looked ragedy.
    Still Patrice said...
    So cute!!
    I like tar-jays as well lol
    Sereknitty said...
    Beautiful manicure for a lovely pair of gloves!
    Reckless Glue said...
    ooh, love those...what a great Noro colourway! happy thxgiving!!!
    Psyched2Knit said...
    I love your fingerless gloves (and the nails!!!!!) The Noro is gorgeous too!

    Have a great Turkey day! Hope yours is filled with good friends, good family and of course, GOOD FOOD!
    Robin said...
    Totally agree on the "off the rack" stuff - I was in the Gap the other day to use up a gift card for Jim and I found myself admiring a cream lace patterned scarf on one of the mannequins. As soon as I went to touch it though, the idea that it could be worth it to just buy that one disappeared - it was a yucky feeling acrylic. I should have taken a picture of it so I could knock it off in a material that would actually feel nice against the skin. Anyway, great nail polish! My new fave by OPI is "Black Cherry Chutney".

    Happy Turkey Day!
    Dawn said...
    I love the fingerless gloves. I too am a fingerless gloves kind of girl. One can never have too many I always say.
    Unknown said...
    Hand made is much prettier too! Love your new mitts!
    Anonymous said...
    I heart Target and great colors you picked. Tis the season to get all cuddly and cozy too :-)

Post a Comment