Saturday, May 30, 2009

Round & Round We Go!

I don't know why that song (for those who get the title...hint: S.crub da G.round haha) popped up in my head.

But I started off crocheting in a square and now in a round circle!

~ Project Details ~

This blanket was a baby gift for a friend I cherish who had been asking for something knitted for herself awhile ago....well she got something crocheted for her baby instead! ;op

Pattern: Round Ripple Afghan by Sew On Fire Ministries

In general all the round ripple patterns are about the same, but glad I was steered towards this one b/c I could actually half way read the pattern on my own!

Still needed some guidance on exactly "which hole exactly do I insert my hook again?!?!" but once you get past the center and understand the repeats it is easy breezy!

Size: Diameter from point to point is 41.5 inches and a total of 31 rounds.

Hope big enough for a baby?? Definitely big enough for my lap ;o)

Time: On/off during the month of May....honestly I got sick of working on this blanket over time and just trudged through it towards the end, as it wasn't going as fast as I would have liked in comparison to the granny squares Haha

Hook: G

Yarn: The yarn I used was Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! in #140 - Mid Green (2) #160 - Brown (1) #20 - Ivory (1)
What I learned: To do the infamous ripple effect of course!!! And how to crochet in the round :)

Notes: As you can see I decided on doing a trio effect with the colors and the rotations went like this: Center - Green (first 6 rounds), then 4r brown beginning repeats with *1r white/4r green/2r brown*

Border only 3r green 1r brown 2r white with 1 sc of green edging

Verdict: I think this is a perfect crochet baby blanket or laphan, as I plan to make one for myself in the future.

And she loved it!! :oD

28 Comments:

  1. urbanknitrix said...
    Someone hook has been on FIRE! I love it!! Awesome job! Your my crocheting shero!
    turtlegirl76 said...
    Very pretty color combination! So wow, you've made like 3 crocheted blankets lately? You're on a roll!
    caknitter said...
    The blankie is very nice. Beautiful! Your friend's reaction is priceless. It will probably be one of the most cherished gifts received. Can't wait to see the next one. :-)
    DeltaPurl said...
    Beautimus!
    Walden said...
    Looks wonderful, love the color choices!
    Cas... said...
    You're on a crocheting roll my dear! That's beautiful. I never did ripples. The colors are awesome too. I think I might have to try that one pattern some day!

    Keep up the good work!
    Adrienne said...
    **scrubbbbbbbb the ground...SCRUBBBBBBBBBBBB the ground** girl you took em WAY back! LOL

    I love the blankie!!! you are doing wonderfully! Send me some mojo! LOL
    Mandy said...
    Oh my goodness, I love that. I've been crocheting some lately and I think I need to try that blanket!! Great work and I love the pic of the happy recipient!
    Anonymous said...
    Great job! Also, I love the colors you chose. It's not too "cutesy," but rather sophisticated for a baby. Gorgeous!
    Ariel said...
    That's just beautiful!!
    KnitFloozy said...
    That is a wonderful gift you gave your friend! Wow!
    Andrea said...
    The blanket turned out really nice. Love the color choices.
    WandaWoman said...
    The blanket looks great. Isn't it wonderful when someone really loves a handmade item? Great job!
    SissySees said...
    Lovely! I wanna' make one...
    Batty said...
    I'm gobsmacked. Totally speechless. That's absolutely gorgeous and incredibly impressive.
    Unknown said...
    It's pretty! and big! is there another on the horizon?
    diddlinaknits said...
    Turned out great and i am not surprised she loved it. A reaction like that makes all the work worth it! Great Job Stacey!
    Michelle B said...
    Very cute!!! Looks like the recipent really loved it! You've just been hooking away haven't you? LOL
    Liz said...
    Wow, go you!!!! I am soooo impressed!
    Robin said...
    Looks great!!! Love the "lapghan" term - new one for the lexicon!
    Jada said...
    That baby blanket is beautiful!!I see she loved it!! You are doin the crochet thang!!:)
    lynette said...
    it's lovely. the mom looks like she loves it too.
    BrownBerry said...
    Ok, so even though I JUST finished my round ripple blanket - now I want to make another one after seeing your color combo! *Swoon* What an awesome job, no wonder she loved it.

    And is that some kind of ergonomic crochet hook that I need to know about??! LOL
    Necia said...
    Very nice blanky and Im sure the mom and kidlet will appreciate. I too get bored crocheting, even though its extremely fast and I've been doing it for years. Kudos for you, for sticking it out. It's lovely!
    tiennie said...
    That is very cool!!!
    Sheila said...
    Beautiful blanket and great color combo.
    Anonymous said...
    OMG!!!! Stacey I love it!!!!!
    moo said...
    Really lovely Stacey. My daughter Emily made one for her dad that she just trudged on and she was so happy when she finished,too. The effort is stunning.

Post a Comment