Monday, October 01, 2007

Make New Friends...

*singing*...but keep the ooooold, one is silver and the other gold!! *Everyone sing!!* :oD

Come on y'all! Once a Girl Scout ALWAYS a Girl Scout (ironically as I am typing this post I am wearing my GS Leader T-shirt! Haha! Probably how I got inspired for the title of this post).

Now y'all know a weekend is just not a weekend without knitting, but it is even better with other knitters!

Renee from Ebony Elite and Ravelry touched base with me a few weeks ago about coming to the Queen City for a visit, and you know I had to meet her out at my fav LYS! And of course I had to invite some Charlotte Purls!!!

We had exchanged pleasantries over the internet but this was our first time meeting each other!
It was SO much fun hanging out with Renee! She is laid back, funny, and easy to get along with all while getting high off of some yarn!! Haha! :op Who could ask for a great new knit friend!

Well as soon as she came in and pulled out her knitting.......I *cringed* at her needles! LOL

I knew right away intervention was needed!! Just look: *nods* see! Ooh No! We had to rectify that! LOL Doesn't she look pitiful! Haha!
Look at Turtlegirl all amused! :o)

So we easily converted her over to these: YAH!!!!! And she LOVES them!! Haha!

There goes Mrs. Purls and Fairiegirl (more about her awesome cause tomorrow! Stay tuned!!) getting their "knit on"And here is all of us that were sittin' and knittin' this past Saturday We even got Remi, the owner of Charlotte Yarn, in the pic too (the one in the middle with the glasses)! Love her!!

If anyone is ever in the city be sure to hit me up and we can have some knittin' fun!!
I love making new silver knitter friends! :o)

22 Comments:

  1. funfairiegirl said...
    I was so glad I happened to be up there on Saturday!! It was great to see all of you and to meet Renee!!
    cpurl17 said...
    Looks like y'all had a great time!!
    And so glad you hooked up Renee!
    Cas... said...
    How nice it is to meet a fellow knitter! Good for you dear! I see you had a great time!
    Adrienne said...
    Meeting others is too fun!!! Glad you had fun!
    Anonymous said...
    For sure I will look you up! AND even let you make my picture, which is a rare, rare event! Best to you, Stacey.
    Jeanine said...
    It's the best when you physically get to meet the people you "know" virtually. I KNOW you all had a blast.
    Carmell said...
    looks like that was fun. i don't evn have a fav LYS!!! :(
    KelInCal said...
    Looks like fun!

    Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for a while.
    WandaWoman said...
    What a fun meetup!

    I was a Girl Scout for many years too.
    Anonymous said...
    Awww, I'm so jealous! It looks like you all had a lot of fun.
    pamela wynne said...
    So fun!! And now that song is going to be in my head all afternoon...
    SissySees said...
    That's cool. After yesterday's experience, I'm all the more jealous of your LYS and your group!
    Sheila said...
    Ok... my eyes are getting greener by the minute...you gals were having too much fun.
    Renee said...
    I had the BEST time! I am glad that y'all didn't think that I was a total weirdo. The combination of all that beautiful yarn (and there was so much of it) and meeting so many cool new friends made me seriously goofy.

    Thanks for turning me onto the Denise needles. I thought for sure that I wanted the Harmony set, but after listening to the voice of experience, I think I made the right choice.

    Come to Winston-Salem soon - I would love to show you around my LYS, Knit Picky!
    Marin (AntiM) said...
    Girl Scouts!

    I'm going to be humming that tune all day now.
    Still Patrice said...
    Lol @ yall making fun of her needles. :p
    Looks like fun, though!
    @carm... I'd been meaning to ask you where your lys was at.
    Anonymous said...
    aaahhh, i love this post!!! Renee looks like a happy camper. i swear i've never seen so many sistahs in a yarn shop in my life, ROFL! just a beautiful thang!
    Karen said...
    Hi Stacy! What a small world - Renee and I go to the same lys in winston - I just saw her at knit night last night :) So, I've got my ogee skirt finished, but never posted pics - my little sis is coming home for the weekend and is going to take pics. I'll post them by Sunday! I'm looking forward to seeing the start of your Silver Belle.

    karen
    Robin said...
    You all are so cute! Good job on the conversion from the those scary needles! Looks like a fun time was had by all.
    Jada said...
    Looks like you all had a great time!!To meet a blogging friend would be great!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Still catching up :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!! i wanna come visit!! :) :) and good job converting her to the Denise-hubby got me those for xmas last year and i love them!
    Anonymous said...
    It looks like such a fun time. People in your area are a hoot!

Post a Comment