Monday, September 24, 2007

Kindness of Knitters

I really appreciate everyone who chimed in about their recommendations on what color I should knit up Silver Belle. Thank You!

I don't plan to start knitting on her until early December and need to start hunting for yarn that is affordable and has a variety of colors. However, I am leaning towards the mustard/yellow/gold color! So of course I will keep y'all posted.

One thing I have experienced ever since I took the plunge into the internet world of knitting is that my fellow knitters are so kind and giving!
(By the way I am nearing my 100th post and have already passed my six month of blogging! Wow! Time goes by fast!)

I have come across many who are always willing to share information, tips & tricks, and goodies in my quest of learning to be a better knitter!! :o)

A little while ago my new blog pal Liz and now my co-host for the Silver Belle KAL sent me something I had been looking for that I could not get anymore and these cute little stitch markers all the way from the UK!And I actually stand corrected, Liz was the first knitter who ever gifted me handmade stitch markers. Thanks for being so thoughtful and quick to send me what I needed!

Now look at this cutie!Just this past weekend Connie made a row counter for me that I eyed at our Charlotte Purls knit group.

I had been seeing them around but had no idea how they worked! LOL Very simple! I was making it out way harder then what it really was all about! Of course it is in red! Ain't it just precious!

Then another knitting buddy, Fran (blogless) gave me this book at Charlotte Purls on Saturday.

It had been on my wishlist, but I never really got around to getting it. So I was very happy that she was giving it away!

Fran buys so many books that sometimes she ends up with duplicates! LOL And then I am the lucky one who gets the extra ones YAH! I think this is like the fourth or fifth book she just handed over to me! Haha!

I have already gleaned some knitting tidbits from this little book already! Isn't that right Adrienne ;o)

The kindenss of knitters is just awesome. Thanks to all those who have just automatically been so sweet to me in their own knitterly way! :o)

20 Comments:

  1. urbanknitrix said...
    Lucky you!!! Knitters Rock!!!
    doreen said...
    ohhhh, goodies! Those markers look gorgeous and tha stitch marker looks cute too. I wanted to be there on Saturday but fatigue succumbed me.
    SissySees said...
    I've been thinking about ordering a row counter. Do you like yours??
    Sheila said...
    I need to check out Row Counters... which I hope can help me from walking around with various pieces of paper with dashings and xxxx on it...lol.
    Anonymous said...
    Knitters are the nicest people! Cute ladybug.
    Jada said...
    It is good to have blog friends!!!
    Mama said...
    Yes, yest to all of that knitterly knidness stuff...

    but..

    how DO you use that row counting thing?

    Inquiring minds want to know...
    cpurl17 said...
    Fabulous gifts! The lady bug is too cute.

    (Does that Knitting Answer Book offer any answers for coping with Knitting Anxiety? I could use it!)
    KelInCal said...
    I love that row counter! Gotta get me one of those!
    Becka said...
    Everything is lovely! You are so correct, knitters (arts & crafts people) have such huge hearts!
    Anonymous said...
    Yeah, knitters really are a kind bunch. I feel very lucky to be part of such a group.
    Adrienne said...
    Tee heee!! yep! LOL
    Connie said...
    So happy you like your lady bug row counter... now I just have to knit something so I can use mine...LOL

    Also, I have that book too and it is a good one to have!
    Renee said...
    Love that row counter! I have to see that in person this weekend!
    Anonymous said...
    aahh, now that is just lovely!!! kindness is a beautiful thang!
    Wendy said...
    It's funny that you were just commenting on my blog... I was just working on your PIF gift. 8)
    Liz said...
    You're welcome for the stitch markers!!
    Still Patrice said...
    awww.. the ladybug is adorable!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Wow you got all kinds of goodies! Lucky lady!! Hey if Fran is looking for any new friends send my name her way LOL :) Knitting Answers is a good book-it has helped me and my mom a few times.
    Wow 100th post-i have been so lazy with my blog the past 2 weeks i just have Nothing to write about.
    Jeanine said...
    CUTE row counter! I'd probably never take it out for fear of losing it (:-) You sure are lucky.

Post a Comment