Sunday, October 21, 2007

In the Beginning...

there was yarn....
and then some knitting....
and hopefully some progress ;op

This weekend, after not knitting all week long, I started on some baby booties for a co-worker and his wife (prediction: more baby knits to come)

Let me just say right here how I LUV my harmony needles. This is my first time knitting with them since I purchased the beauties last month (minus the cable needles, which does not count as knitting). And I definitely will be getting in the long 'backorder line' to get my full set!

During the Charlotte Purls knit group (we have a blog now!) I finally got motivated enough (read: after avoiding them for about a month) to sit down and focus long enough to cast-on for the Fetching fingerless mittens. Yes, you see some more red! This is so my last project in this color for a little while. These mitts are now coined "Brickhouse":

As you can see I am sticking to my theme of fast knits, as an avoidance tactic on conquering a few of my bigger projects that have been waiting in the wings for awhile now.

Meanwhile, as I was getting over Lizzie being in the naughty non-ribbon corner, an unexpected blogger 2 Sistah's Knit Together bestowed upon me this fab badge!

Now that is the real knitty gritty version of it! ;op

It was totally unexpected and from a reader I did not know about and is fond of my blog!

It is always a delight when I get comments or messages, but especially from those I have no idea read my blog! I just luv it! They are like little e-presents!

Thank you CiCi & CAJtalk for the Rockin' Grrl Blogger award.

13 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    LOL!! Your title made me laugh!! More baby knits??? I need a baby to knit for!
    Anonymous said...
    Are those needles from KnitPicks? I've heard great things about their cable needles.
    Anonymous said...
    Those 2 OBVIOUSLY know a good thing when they see it =)

    Im gonna break down and buy the whole set of harmony needles, I KNOW IT! LOVE knitting with the sock size ones, but Must. Resist. (till after SAFF at least LOL)
    Wendy said...
    I hear ya on the quick and easy knits to help keep you motivated. I've been cruisin through some short and sweet projects with intermissions on the bigger ones. Life seems happier that way.
    Anonymous said...
    Baby knits are most definitely quick and satisfying. I just bought all the option needles when they came out with the Harmony ones. Oh well, I'm not about to replace them all....
    Anonymous said...
    Congrats, Rockin' Grrl, LOL!

    I know, instant gratification in projects is always nice!
    SissySees said...
    You know I like my instant gratification projects too. And Fetching is on my list as well!! Love that color you're using.
    Anonymous said...
    Lucky Baby!!!! That title is funny!! Girl, I thought we were about to get some gospel for the day....LOL!
    KelInCal said...
    Maybe that's what I need to do - work on small projects. I can't focus!!

    Your stuff looks good!
    Cas... said...
    Hey! I thought I answered this post.

    Anyway I like to do baby projects at any time. It's always nice to have an item just in case a friend is pregnant. I can't wait to see the final project!
    Sheila said...
    Theres nothing like a quick project...lol. I started on Passin the Dress Code and already thinking of what other colors I should do it in. Stop teasing me with the Harmony needles - I am so trying to avoid spending more money...haha!
    diddlinaknits said...
    Congrats!! You deserve to be tagged!
    Anonymous said...
    i'm mad about you having the treo out in the picture. that does it, i'm ordering mine this week!!! LOL

    i love the purple colored yarn that you're using. can't wait to see that worked up...

    those fetching gloves will be gorgeous, go you!

    love that grrrl blogger badge. now that's a real badge! congrats on that! :-D

Post a Comment