Monday, November 12, 2007

Blogstalking I - Who am I?

I typically blog about knitting 98% of the time, after all that was my whole purpose and intent on starting this blog!

And every now and then I will slip in the other 2% things about me ;o)

Well since I really do not care for memes or tags


I figured I would try out Blogstalking!! :oD

I have seen it float around for some time now, mainly on two blogs that I read often CPurl and Sweet Knittilicious (go check them out!)

And I thought how fun that would be! I checked into it and the rules are really simple! Vote on an assignment, post it up when you can or you can sit out if you want to - no pressure, join anytime! Heck I can do that! Plus the assignments have been really fun!

So I signed up for Knitty Blogstalking 2: The Re-awakening!! and will be catching up on my post assignments over time! :oD

Lets start with the 1st one:

~ Who Am I? ~

~ 1st and foremost I believe and try to live as a Christian woman. I really can't deny how God's hand has always been over my life. And I love worshipping online while I knit!! :oD

~ I am a sister to my only sibling (my older brother) who has now made me a proud auntie to my 4 year old niece (fondly called Little Miss Pocahontas Haha!).

~ I am a motherless daughter. Our mother passed away tragically when I was only 5 years old.

~ I am a woman of service. I not only have a passion and give of my time for youth (remember I used to be a Girl Scout leader!), but I also intentionally work in the nonprofit field that supports kids. And I am active in a very large service organization called D.elta S.igma T.heta Sorority.

~ I am a "people connector". I love getting like-minded people together (whether it is friends, groups, organizations, etc) and seeing how we all can learn, benefit, and have a good time with each other!

~ I am hermit!! :o) As much as I am "Ms. Social Butterfly" and like to be out and about interacting with others, I also need and require time to just be alone to power back up for later. I will go into my own 'cocoon' and will not talk to anyone or go out for longer than "normal" periods of time according to others.

Well there you have it! A 2% window view about me for now! :op

12 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Nice to meet that other 2%! :-)
    SissySees said...
    Thanks for sharing that bit with us. I admire your strength of purpose; you really walk the walk!
    cpurl17 said...
    2% fabulous + 98% knitter = 100% Beautiful!!
    diddlinaknits said...
    What a great 2%! Great to learn some more about you :)
    Anonymous said...
    I really like learning about other things about my knit blogger pals...thanks for sharing!
    Carmell said...
    i think i'm gonna join too!!!
    Still Patrice said...
    ooh Stacey over here sharing! lol :p
    KelInCal said...
    I knew you were a good girl! :D Thanks for sharing!
    Unknown said...
    YAY for the 2%!!! LOL!!
    Don said...
    Okay, I see you do post about other things too...lol

    Sorry to hear about your mom. It's always wrong when a child loses their mom so early in life.

    I think I am a people-connector myself.
    Michelle B said...
    Love the no meme button to funny!

    Thanks for sharing your 2%
    WandaWoman said...
    It's good to learn more about you. Love the purples you picked out in the previous post too!

Post a Comment