Friday, November 16, 2007

They say you can learn a lot about a woman by the type of purse/pocketbook (for us Southerners Haha) she carries. You know..the size, style, color can possibly predict what mood she is in, how much of her own 'personal' baggage she has, and what type of personality she might have.

And they say you can learn even more about who she is by what is on the inside of her handbag (for those of you who are more 'chic' about it! ;op), and even which side she carries her purse on!

It really is a personal thing!! That is why so many folks would freak out if you ask to look inside their purse! Is it a mess? Neat? Got some really personal items in there? You know! All that stuff :oD

Your territory!

I've been packing light lately. I guess that has just been the mood I have been in.

It really is just a reflection of how I am feeling right now. I am not wanting anything to weigh me down or being flashy (every now and than I may want a splash of color...as of late I have been trying to branch out in that! I used to be just a black purse/shoe girl - still kinda am!).

And once I really thought about it, I am carrying my essentials. My "must haves"

If I carried a larger size pocketbook anything else would just be "extra".

You know how it goes: the bigger the purse the more you will put in it!

With that being said this is what is on the inside today. My purse guts consist of:

~ My Treo - for lots of texting, yapping and storing my personal data!
~ My keys - for access and MVP cards Haha :o)
~ My favorite pen - for balance when I write!
~ My very favorite body butter - for constant moisture needed for my very dry hands
~ Hand sanitizer - for my slight OCD ;op
~ Papers - which are always in my purse! Y'all see I can't stay out of A.C. M.oore Haha!

Ooh! And I almost always have gum in my purse, but I remembered that I ran out last night which is why it didn't make it in my photo shot today :op. I always have my favorite Polar Ice Eclipse and/or Mint Mojito Orbit gum.

And in the inside zipper pocket (I normally carry a wallet, but no room for all that here!):

~ Gotta have a little bit of money (I normally don't carry this much on me) if not enough green then I swipe the card!
~ Of course my personal ID
~ My favorite lipstick in Honeyflower, and chapstick in fig by B.urt B.ee
~ Happen to have a D.ean & D.eLuca frequent card on me since I just ate there.

I truly normally carry more than all of this in my purses!!

And of course what is going on in my life dictates whats inside too! ;op
Y'all just happen to catch me on a good day! ;o)

Well I definitely have a thing for hangbags and shoes, based on what I can afford (sometimes) Haha! :o)

So I have lots of them

As I said I am trying to add color to my purses now! Haha! :o) And I have also found myself switching my purses up a lot lately.

By no means am I a purse connoisseur or try to keep up with the latest fashions/styles! Though, I do definitely have a long wish list for purses too! ;oD

I used to be the kind who always carried that one favorite purse for a long period of time, but now I switch up according to my mood and if I am not too lazy based on what I am wearing.

With all this purse talking I think it may just be time to get a new pursenality! ;oD

So how are you packing today?? :o)

21 Comments:

  1. Michelle B said...
    Hey I'm sporting a coach these days too. I keep thinking I need to change it out but I've been too lazy! It's funny I met some friends to knit last night, and we somehow were talking about lipstick and started pulling them out of our bags. I have like 5 different lipsticks and a burts in my bag!
    Adrienne said...
    Hey!! lol
    SissySees said...
    I'm carrying my Vera B. wallet. Exciting, huh??
    diddlinaknits said...
    i used to buy a new purse very feew months but the past couple years i have been so disappointed in the purses that i have stuck with th same purse for over a year. i just recently switched cause i wanted something lighter for a few days.
    I wish i could have some light purse contents but i carry around so much and only use about 1/4 of what i carry around LOL figures.
    you have some purses in your stash and i like that you are adding some color-color is always good. Brightens up the day!
    KelInCal said...
    Girl - I was totally here this morning and already commented on this! I see what you did - smart move. Now let me see if I can remember my goofy comment!

    I want your purse, and your phone, and your purse stash! I totally turned this post into an enabling sort of deal!

    And dude - you do not even want to know what's in my purse! I'll spare you from that pain! (I don't even want to know what's in my purse...)
    Cas... said...
    I have too much in my purse to even name. I have notebooks, a cosmetic bag, a huge wallet for all my business cards and frequent shopper cards, checkbook, pill case, organizers for this year and next year and so much more! I need to scale down too. I think I will buy myself a purse for Xmas!
    Jada said...
    I just clean my purse out two days ago.I have a lot of things I carry in my purse for emegencies for my dd.Like wipes,headache pills for adults and children, bandages and some kind of small snacks for my dd.And all those personal things that we women must carry.
    Still Patrice said...
    since i'm in school i only carry a purse on the weekends.. during the week i carry a lime green metal card case. i keep my id,bankcard, school id in it. it stays in my pocket next to my cell!!
    CaveGurl said...
    Great post! Not too many of us would be willing to "show off" the inside of our purses! LOL

    I love the black one at the top. You've reminded me that I need to get a bigger purse soon!LOL
    cpurl17 said...
    I have that exact same striped purse on the left side of the photo!
    Carmell said...
    i have one purse. and its small.

    i registered for blogstalking and i never got an confirmation email. oh well!
    Mr.Slish said...
    I saw 7 dollars just lying there looking all lonely why send it on to me so I can keep them company...lol
    Sheila said...
    I am so afraid of what my pocketbook would say about me... I carry too much darn stuff and on top of that carry a tote that feels like it has boulders in it...lol
    Twisted Knitter said...
    I'm SO impressed with your "neat" and organized purse contents! Seeing YOURS makes me want to clean mine out!
    Janet Richards said...
    I'm back to packing heavy and large. Your are inspripiration to me to get back down to a small purse! And the smaller purses are cuter too.
    Charles said...
    Lot of purse!!!
    I need a guy pures myself HEHEHE!!
    (I find out men purese called "murse")

    ALSO CAN I ASK YOUR FLOAVOR!
    Visit my knitting blog.. see what you think and comment me!

    Thanks~~
    Charles
    Anonymous said...
    Ha ha, pocketbook...I haven't heard that word in years! My gramma (true country girl) says that.
    Blah Blah Blah said...
    I chose a purse for one reason... if it feels comfortable on my shoulder....and if I can at least fit a pair of shoes in it. *long story*

    Hope ur having a great weekend.
    Don said...
    Your purse was pretty clean. Not as junky as most women purses are.
    Reckless Glue said...
    I love periodically playing this game too (though it's been awhile!) here's mine from a year ago:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jadeblade/338020424/

    it's amazing to see how much has changed in my purse since then--I should totally do an updated version!
    Sereknitty said...
    Ohhh, I so love handbags! I LOL when I saw how many you had ... kinda looks like my stash! One of my fav's is my Louis Vuitton dr's bag (knock off). I tend to get them too big and as a result carry too much stuff, so I picked out a new one on the weekend in a plummy chocolate, with 3 sections + pockets in side. Love it! Isn't the B.Bee's lipstick great? You'll find the "cocoa" one in my bag.

Post a Comment