Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tasty Tuesdays: Mmh Mmh Mal!

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Yeah I have been dibbling and dabbling in some Malabrigo lately! ;op

That is Purple Mystery, Stonechat, & Polar Morn

I have been in lurve with Stonechat for a while now and finally got my hands on a skein. It is just as pretty in person as I thought! Then I bumped into Polar Morn and was intrigued! That will turn into the Gretel hat..won't that just look lovely in all those cables!!

You know I forgot all about my primary colors and how blue and red make purple!

But I am having a hard time finding Purple in this colorway! LOL
In this color's defense I do recognize a purple base, but it is basically blue to me! Haha! ;op

Over the Easter weekend I had some yarn that came in and Burgundy stole my heart!I KNEW it!! I knew this would be the color I had been searching for awhile! Now that is a CRIMSON color and I lurve it too!

But then I just had to try the new silky Malabrigo! :oD

Oooooooh!! Aaaaaaaaahhh! Not as much yardage (I should have gotten 2 hanks), and a lighter weight but very very nice! This is in Viena and I need to figure out what to do with it. It is in some great fall colors!

Well you know I was winding up some Mal over here! Afterall, it is still Malabrigo March!!

Don't they look like cousins!
Yep their destiny has already been set for them! Haha!

27 Comments:

  1. Connie said...
    Those ARE gorgeous colors! Goodness you got up early to post on this Tuesday!
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    You mean you've got fifty degrees AND Malabrigo???
    Anonymous said...
    You really have it bad for the Malabrigo - not that I can blame you! That Viena is beautiful. I hadn't seen that before.
    Adrienne said...
    Girl stop watching Emril!!! LOL BAM! Love the colors!
    MrsPurls said...
    Love those colors! You are on a malabrigo frenzy!!
    Anonymous said...
    Look at you go! Soon when I question a Malabrigo colorway online, I'll just email you and ask for a description... ;)
    Anonymous said...
    nicceeee!!!! i'mma have to try that silky one... on what i do not know!
    Debora said...
    You just can't stay away from this yarn can you? It's great to find a yarn that you really love to work with!
    Nelly Knits said...
    WOW all of them are beautiful..gotta love Malabrigo...it's soooo soft.
    Wendy said...
    Makes me want to reach out and touch them!
    Jeanine said...
    Hey... Just how much Malabrigo ya got in that stash there lady????
    Michelle B said...
    MMM MMMM MMMM! I can't wait to hear about the silky! I want to try that one too!!
    Cas... said...
    Just yummy yarns! I have to ask you if you buy your yarn then find the project or do you have a project in mind then buy yarn?
    Anonymous said...
    Mmmmm. I've used Stonechat before & it's the neatest color(s). Very nice Malabrigo haul there!
    QueenDBW said...
    I'm envious!! Those are making my fingers itch to start something, what I don't know....hmmmmmm
    Robin said...
    Can't wait to see your Gretel! I just saw Kelly Green Rogue's and it was super cute!
    Anonymous said...
    Holy cow that's a lotta malabrigo :o

    Did I read your last post right - there's a Mr. Crimson?? I didn't know that!

    <3 I read even when I'm quiet, I hope things are going as well for you as your mmmmmalabrigo stashing :p
    Two Cables and a Frapp said...
    Wow ! Looks like someone did a little bit of shopping huh ! Bam, bam, bam, bam !!!
    diddlinaknits said...
    You Have way too much yarny goodness-i need to come over and help you out with all that
    Jada said...
    Love the yarn.I finally finished my knitting project.I hope to post it sometime today.
    Have great day!!
    Don said...
    I have been dibbling and dabbling

    Hmmm...lol

    What?! You said it!
    Liz said...
    I love that blue! You really are branching out colour wise! I didn't realise Malabrigo came in such a variety of textures as well as colors!
    Still Patrice said...
    the silky is Hot!
    Sereknitty said...
    Girl, we're going to have to set you up in a 12 step program, if you keep up with this addiction issue of yours! The colours are really lovely ... enjoy!
    Batty said...
    Malabrigo, how pretty! I really want some... it's going to be my reward for knitting up a whole bunch of stash, I think.

    BTW, I haven't forgotten about the explanation of "sitting at his feet" -- just haven't dug up the annotated Bible yet. Since the husband and I consolidated our books, things have been surprisingly hard to find!
    doreen said...
    yum, yum, yum!
    WandaWoman said...
    Dang, girl, you'er in love with Malabrigo.

Post a Comment