Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Eco Eco Eco

For this Tasty Tuesday I wanted to highlight some fiber I picked up last month at my favorite LYS Charlotte Yarn during their anniversary sale.

I keep wanting to call it Echo, hence the Eco Eco Eco post title ;op

But yes it is the Cascade Ecological WoolAll whoopin' 956 yds in totalof 100% Peruvian Highland Wool. As most of you may already know or quickly determined that is fabulous yardage for a very "economical" price at $15 bucks a hank, or in my case an additional 20% off from that great anniversary sale.

It is in shade #8087 (wheat colorish) and I haven't put my finger on what to call "her" yet...any suggestions?

She is going to become....yes....the Hemlock Ring. Janet has encouraged (pressured haha) me in taking on this project with our duo Charlotte Purls KAL. After I hmm'd and haaa'd about it I went ahead and got the yarn, as she wasn't even convinced I really had it! ;op See! I do!! :oD

Well can't really promise when I will cast-on for her, but she will be on the needles sooner than later! ;o)

20 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Can't wait to see! I have a beautiful hemlock ring I was gifted (!!) last year...
    Adrienne said...
    Ohhh that is going to look great girl!
    Anonymous said...
    Another Hemlock Ring - I can't wait! I have a whole bunch of this yarn that I bought at a closeout sale; I may need to jump on the bandwagon!
    Nelly Knits said...
    the color of that eco is so pretty. I need to puchase some myself, but i haven't seen any in my LYS's.
    alisonmade said...
    Oooh, you are going to LOVE that yarn. I'm kind of obsessed with it right now--it's so nice and soft, and the skeins go on forever!
    Can't wait to see your Hemlock!
    Anonymous said...
    Oh, that Hemlock Ring is going to be so gorgeous in that color. Can't wait to see your progress!
    Anonymous said...
    oh yum. hemlock ring!!! I love that pattern. Yet one more thing on the list of to dos
    Still Patrice said...
    yay for sales!! :)
    cpurl17 said...
    Savin' the world, one blanket at a time....
    TURBOchic said...
    ah HA! I have knit this one and you will love it!! So fast, so pretty, so wonderful.
    diddlinaknits said...
    Yummy yarn.
    good project pick-i have had that on my want to make list as well :) can't wait to see yours
    Anonymous said...
    Looks like mocha to me - then again, everything looks like Coffee and\or Chocolate ;) Can't wait to see your progress!
    Michelle B said...
    OHH you will love the Hemlock Ring! I'm still plugging away on mine, like 300 some stitches per round now...But it's a great knit! Can't wait to see yours!
    QueenDBW said...
    I'm not familiar with the hemlock ring, but I love the color of the yarn. Can't wait to see your FO.

    Des
    Connie said...
    I agree with Anne, chocolate coffee is what the color reminds me of.

    I love the Hemlock Ring and it is definitely one of those "want to knit someday" projects!

    This will be really nice for yours.
    Janet Richards said...
    Ok - I now believe you have the yarn!!!

    Cast on!!!!!!! :)
    Tabu said...
    I love the color! I don't know much about knitting, but I have learned so much from visiting your blog.
    Sereknitty said...
    That yarn reminds me of 'Malteasers' chocolate candy ... yummy! What incredible yardage! I can't wait to see your Hemlock Ring.
    Tabu said...
    You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details.
    Jada said...
    That Hemlock Ring is going to be beautiful!

Post a Comment