Friday, September 19, 2008

Weeeeeeeell I never intended to be so silent this long,
but just know life has been really busy for me and my blogging mojo is still very very weak. As it already took every ounce of me to get this post together! ;o)
Thought my blog makeover would help me a bit...but.....

So on top of all of this I have been very very bad......because at the beginning of this year I received a book to review and have yet to do it!! However, I have looked thru it and have already gleaned quite a few tips, and some of the guide charts to be helpful! I will definitely come back to give its proper due!! In the meantime, you can visit her fabulous blog here!

I brought this book up to say with our economy in the toilet and the need to stretch our dollars a little longer it is right on time!!

I have always been big on finding a deal when shopping for clothes, but lately good finds have been wonderful gold mines for me!!

Here is what I have been into lately and over the summer time:

Budget (notice I am not saying cheap) shoes. Not one pair is over $15-$20!!!
See my fake L.ouboutin shoes. :o) Tee hee! And I forgot to put my new burgundy T.ahari in the photo which I just got last night for only $30 bucks! They are baaaad.

And I've recently had this thing for bargain purses from T.arget.com (where they are on clearance) this summer

I rocked the heck out of that off white purse for only $8 bucks!! The other ones were only $10!! Y'all know my love for Tarjay ain't going nowhere! In fact, I need to get some stock in that joint!! ;op Haha!

And my most recent frenzy has been getting budget suits from R.oss for my new job!!! Yay!
Getting great bargain prices for a new business wardrobe has been great! I spent anywhere from $20 (yes you read that right) - $40 for an ENTIRE suit!!! Are you kidding me?!?!? You really can dress for less there! Don't sleep on them now!! I also get all my "formal"/cocktail dresses from there too!

Alright...quick fashion question. I just got this suit on clearance and it is off white

Q: So it is almost the official end of summer, but if I put a black or chocolate shirt underneath it could I still wear it after the 21st?? Put your 2 cents in please! :o)

As far as knitting...nothing to report. :o(

I haven't picked up my sticks in about two weeks now...sigh....pray for a knitting revival over here! Haha!

Make it a fabulous weekend!!

28 Comments:

  1. Erica Bunker said...
    I would wear the suit! As long as it's not a Summer fabric like linen, wear it!
    Cas... said...
    That old saying white after labor day is out is out of style. Wear the suit.

    Love the new blog look. Red has always been my favorite color!
    Shameka said...
    Forget the "rules" and dress fabulous. Wear the suit girl, you paid your hard earned money for it.
    cici said...
    Sure you can wear it, but know that some will be making coments behind your back, if it's not winter white. I agree with erica b, no summer fabric.
    Adrienne said...
    MOrning Don! :-)

    Wear the suit!
    Wendy said...
    Absolutely LAURVE the new look! Sounds like you got that new job you were looking for and that you've been busy looking good being great at it. I knew good things were about to come your way.
    turtlegirl76 said...
    Oh hell no. No white after labor day! That rule still holds true! Don't do it! Save it for after Easter.
    Blanche Knits in DC said...
    I think you should wear the suit, as long as it isn't a summer fabric. Just like Erica B. said.

    I love a bargain just as much as you! I have been able to find some really good deals too!

    I just got my knitting mojo back, so I know yours will come back to you soon!!!
    Renee said...
    Call the suit Winter White and wear it after Labor Day with a cranberry cowl neck sweater. You'll be fab!
    Anonymous said...
    I think those "rules" are things of the past. You can wear what you want, when you want! I think it could look gorgeous with a nice camel cowl neck underneath for fall or winter. Lovely!

    Congrats on the new job!
    Anonymous said...
    What IS up with the knitting mojo?? Mine is MIA, too!

    The new look is lovely!

    I think an off-white suit in the fall/winter depends on where you live. If you're in a warm climate, you get a lot more leeway than if you live in the far north. JMO. In Florida, you could wear that all winter long, especially in Miami or West Palm Beach.
    Nik said...
    Girl, you'd better wear that suit.

    And rock it when those fake red heeled Louboutins.

    I think those striped shoes are fabulous.
    Sheila said...
    Just go ahead and Du Ur Dang. Great Garments and uh did I hear new job..?
    Michelle B said...
    Whoo love the new red!

    Ross, I don't think we have those around here, I'm jelous! I sure love me some Tarjay too!

    And Hey Stacy and Clinton say you don't have just wear white between Memorial and Labor day!
    Kamika said...
    Wear the suit and be fab! I would just change my blouse, shoes, and accessories to more seasonal colors to carry it year round.

    Sometimes we need to take a break from knitting. No since in making it a job or chore.

    Love the new color. It's passionate over here.
    WandaWoman said...
    Hmm, myself, I guess I am more old school. But do what you feel. It's great to get bargains on clothing. That's my favorite way to shop.

    That's too bad about the knitting mojo. I'm sure you are finding a way to enjoy your excess time. Plus you have a new job. Whenever I start a new job, I'm pretty much out of it for a few weeks as far as knitting goes.
    Liz said...
    I would wear it, cream is wintery too! I love the stripey purple shoes! Good to see you back, have a great weekend.
    Deborah said...
    the shoes are truly sleek but in my old age, heels over 2 inches would break my ankles!

    the blog looks great!
    Still Patrice said...
    CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!
    Mr. Clarence has been GOOOOOOOD to you!
    Anonymous said...
    Congrats on the exciting changes in your life. To chime in with everyone else Gurl....you better strut yo stuff in that suit!!! I agree with miss Erica B. no summer fabrics though.

    P.S. Love the new blog.
    Don said...
    Wow @ Adrienne in fifth place. That's unheard of. LOL.
    Don said...
    Stacey, judging from this post, I can tell that you really love your new job and we are all happy for you. In fact, here's a song I'd like to dedicate to you:


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iuP87yhbw4
    diddlinaknits said...
    Love the new look for the blog.
    You got a lot of great stuff. i am a huge bargain shopper or i will cruise clearance for the next year.
    Wow on those shoes-very cool and some are HIGH lol :) i can just picture you walking the aisles of your work looking all classy in heels, new suit and a new bag. You go!!!
    Robin said...
    Wow, you got great deals! It's cheaper to buy your stuff than sew it in that case! And I'd wear your suit with pride.
    SissySees said...
    Even linen can be worn into the fall with the right accessories. Wear the suit and be smashing!
    smariek said...
    Wow, you found some incredible deals!
    Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...
    I love your new blog look! I think it's ok for you to wear your suit, too :) Great bargain finds on the shoes & suits!
    Anonymous said...
    I'm all about the bargains! You did good!

Post a Comment