Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Trade New Tools

Yep since I started dipping my toes (just the pinky one for now ;op Haha) into crocheting I figured I needed a few new tools for my new trade

Always wanted the Happy H.ooker book and since I started and finished my first crochet project (will do the proper F.O. post soon) I thought it justified me scooping it up last month.

Also, with the long carefree hours I was clocking in on my crochet project I noticed my hand was getting tired with the bazillion repetitive DCs why not invest in an Ergonomic interchangeable set??Got it at a great deal with a 50% off coupon for only $11 at the end of the day. You can get them at A.C. M.oore or W.al-Mart and if for some reason you don't see the set there you can buy here for the same great deal.

I was surprised at the light and very plastic handles since I was expecting more "rubber". If I had paid more than I did for the set I would have been not happy with the quality! Haha! Haven't broken them in yet to test out how I like working with them but will keep you posted.

Finished up my shawl and as soon as I can get it blocked with some pics I will plaster some knitting content up here...finally! LOL

Until next blog time...Be Blessed!!

p.s. 100 days down :o)

19 Comments:

  1. Stacey said...
    Ha - I'm trying my hand at crochet at the moment! :) Not going terribly well, but I'm going to try to get that very book to help me :)
    Adrienne said...
    Girl I have had that book FOREVER lol. I wonder if i STILL have it? LOL Ok I just checked I do lol. Can't wait to see what you have done. MAYBE you will inspire me to try again or maybe I will just ohhh and ahhh over what you have done lol.
    Jada said...
    I am going have to get that book. Can't wait to see your crochet project!
    urbanknitrix said...
    Look at you hookin!! LOL. Girl you are my Shero. I am still trying to get the hang of it for the baby blanket, but um, the baby will be here in a couple of weeks. Might have to email you for somet tips.

    Congrats
    Trillian42 said...
    I picked up a set of those hooks a while back - I LOVE them. The handles are really comfy to use.

    And there are some great projects in that book. Debbie Stoller knows her stuff.
    Knitaholictoo said...
    G.asp! Welcome to the dark side..he he he!
    Cas... said...
    Welcome to the wonderful world of crochet. My domain! I love it! If you have any questions or need any help just let me know. I may be able to help you. If not I can steer you to where you need to go!

    I use regular old crochet hooks. I never saw those. Interesting! I hope they work out for you.
    SissySees said...
    Love that book. Let me know if you like the set... I've considered it.
    robin said...
    I've been getting interested in crochet lately - I think I'm going to try the Hourglass Jacket (which is actually broomstick lace, not standard crochet.) I love that book - that was the one that made the most sense to me.
    Jane Prater said...
    I have the book, but I need you to inspire me to make something.
    cpurl17 said...
    You'll be a great hooker! hmmm that doesn't sound right...
    diddlinaknits said...
    Oh i love the Stitch N Bitch books i have all of them. I actually used the first one for my knitting learning.
    Those hooks look erally nice. i have been crocheting like crazy to figure out a pattern for my swap and my hand gets ache-y if it get tight. Story of my crafty life-sam thing happens with knitting lol. anyway was gonna say i wonder if our Walmart has them. Hope they help you out :)
    sophanne said...
    I'll be waiting to see what you have to say about those ergo-hooks- I can't resist new gadgets.

    I've got two forest canopies going now. I started another one when I didn't have the time to memorize the border pattern for the end of the first one and had to have sixtytwelvebillion stitches frogged and tinked.
    Karine said...
    100 days of sanity!
    Unknown said...
    Never seen a set like that. can't wait for your report.
    tiennie said...
    Have fun with your new tools!
    Anonymous said...
    I'm so happy to have you on the crochet band wagon. Yaaay. Your fatigue probably has something to do with the way you hold your hook.

    Remember, hold it like a grown up would hold a pencil or fork. Not the way a toddler would.
    Batty said...
    I'm also working on my crochet skills... we can do this together! I'm almost finished with a scarf, can't wait to show it off. For some reason, crochet is not as easy or natural for me as knitting, but it sure is fun.
    Ally Jay said...
    your shawl is beautiful, wewll done you. Blessings back

Post a Comment