Thursday, May 31, 2007

Becoming a Hooker

Really trying to become a HAPPY one too! LOL

Obviously I am slowly but surely learning how to crochet!! :op
I printed off a cute dishcloth pattern (from someone's blog that I can't recall anymore! Shish! I really need to bookmark) called 'The Fan Stitch' entailing all of the techniques I need to learn for my knitted items. That's right: SC, DC, and sl st....got that??? I barely do! Hahaha!
I am very slow at crocheting and haven't quite figured out a comfortable way to hold my yarn (which is hindering my rhythm)....in due time. I just need to get the basics down! LOL
So since I had some of this leftover 'Peaches & Cream' yarn (knock off of Sugar & Cream Haha!) from the Girl Scout knitting session I decided to pull this out for fun! And for my educational purposes! :p
I went to the Thursday night crochet group to get going (of course!), and take a close look at this
Guess who has figured out how to use her awesome camera!!!! JEEZAY!!!!!!!!! *jumps for joy*

I am freakin THRILLED! Worth every p.e.n.n.y.
OOh! Did you say you wanted a better peek?? :oDMMmmmuuuuuaaaaHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am absolutely luvin' this digi cam!!!! :oD

Alright so this is all I got done tonight in our crochet group! (dang DCs LOL)
Okay why it is curving like that I have NO idea! LOL I am sure it will straighten out once I have gotten thru my first repeat in the pattern.

I see you looking at my hook! ;o)

15 Comments:

  1. Jada said...
    Looking good!!I am still learning about my camera.I used the 3min. video it has on it and downloaded it my computer.That was fun.
    Christie said...
    Looking very good! And yes, it will straighten out once you get the second row on there.

    I hope I'm a bad crochet influence on you! Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it and experience new hand pains! Yea!
    Erica Bunker said...
    Lookin good Girl!
    Anonymous said...
    lol,, becoming a hooker huh? lol
    when I read that, I was like "OMG", then I saw the yarn,, then all was right in the world, tee hee
    Adrienne said...
    You are doing it girl! yay!
    MrsPurls said...
    Look at the Hooker! She thinks she's cute! Hehehehehe...just kidding girl!! Congrats on learning crochet!! I thought somebody told me crocheting was quicker than knitting...well somebody tell me why i haven't finished the crochet blanket? Now that you know how to crochet you can help me out!! :)
    Anonymous said...
    the crochet looks lovely. it's been AGES since i've crocheted, eek! beautiful colors. it's always good to be knowledgeable of all things crafty! :-)
    dulcedosa said...
    WOW! Look at you! We can always use another hooker on the stroll. LOL! *ehem* Work it, girl.
    James said...
    Those are some damn fine crochet skills. My very few attempts at the way of the hook have resulted in some extremely unpleasant elizabethanish collars.
    Anonymous said...
    Looks good! I have found the SNB Happy Hooker book as well as the videos on nexstitch.com very helpful in my hooking quest!

    I found the most comfortable way to hold my yarn was looped over my left index finger (not woven around the fingers like they say in some books).
    Still Patrice said...
    I'm luvin' that your are luvin' your digi cam!

    You'll have to show me one day. :)
    urbanknitrix said...
    I wanna be a hooker, but havent set down to do it yet - one day!!! I have all the tools, but a little intimidated.
    Anonymous said...
    thank you and congrats on learning to crochet! Crocheting is easy to interpret from a chart. My daughter is still knitting,I'll get on her to update her blog!
    Sheila said...
    Hi... came across your blog via Superstarra-ville.. kudos on the crocheting.. and the sugar n’ spice pullover is coming out nicely.
    SissySees said...
    I'm jealous. I need to learn to crochet. Must stop knitting long enough to make that happen.

Post a Comment