Monday, May 21, 2007

New Little Purls

One thing most people who know me know (which means y'all probably don't Ha!) is that I am a Girl Scout leader at my church! I have been doing this for 9 years! And my Girl Scout troop are teenagers at that! :o)

The girls expressed an interest in knitting, especially after seeing me knitting in some of the meetings :op.

And Come On! Who doesn't learn how to knitting in a Girl Scout troop?!? That is a MUST! :oD

So this past Saturday I rounded up a couple of Charlotte Purls (Michelle a.k.a Mrs. Purls & Wendy) to help me teach the girls how to knit!

I was expecting anywhere from 6-12 girls to attend, so I had to think of a cost effective way to make this happen and of course I came up with "Peaches 'N Cream" as the yarn to work with on bamboo skewers (Boy those sticks are pointy! But they served their purpose! :op) to make their first dishcloth!


Thankfully it was a small group of 6 girls, but that was still a handful!
Michelle & Wendy did a wonderful job assisting with the girls' questions and were very patient (*cough*unlike CrimsonPurl *cough* Haha).

About half of the girls already knew how to knit, and the other half had experienced crocheting! So this was great! They were really excited about learning a new skill. I hope they stick with it!

I love passing on this talent to others! It truly is a priceless gift!

10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    aaah, it's wonderful that you and fellow charlotte purls passed on this gift some girl scouts. i wished there would've been a troup near me growing up! i can't wait to see some pics of these gals projects as they progress.
    Erica Bunker said...
    Awww! A new generation of yarn addicts! Good for you!
    Adrienne said...
    Awww, lovely!!! Love it girl!
    MrsPurls said...
    Hey Lady!!! I had a great time!!!
    Christie said...
    Very cool!
    Anonymous said...
    That's really great! It is wonderful that you're making a positive difference in the lives of those teenage girls (and sharing a great, productive hobby with them!) More kids should be doing stuff like that (I think of my crazy neighbor girls and stuff they do instead...shudder!)
    Still Patrice said...
    Look atchu giving back! You are such a Wonderful Woman! I's happy to call you a friend. :)
    Jada said...
    That looked like alot of fun.The yard you choose is pretty.great pictures of the girls.
    Jada said...
    I e-mail you e-mail address yesterday.
    Anonymous said...
    Ok, Stacey, where to start? First, thanks for adding me to the list of blogs you read! Really appreciate it! And for the (ahem) compliments on mine today...tee hee! I have not been a good blogger of late. But yours~oh SO cool. LOVE how your pictures of the girls pop! How great for you talented ladies to pass on your love of knitting! Have a great holiday weekend.

Post a Comment