Monday, July 02, 2007

A Bowl of Lizzie

Anyone?
Have I told you all lately how I SO LOVE NORO!!!!! :oD So I just had to have a big heaping of it! YUM!

Okay so you rather see her beautiful skin all stretched out instead?
And of course here is a closer look of the squares:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
From bottom to top #224 and #84. I thought I would not like that bright orange/red colorway but LOVE it! Gives it a little bit of a "pop" :o) Since most Silk Garden colors are more subdue.

Here is #249 & #247
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And the last two are #88 and #224.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I really loved the browns in #88 when I saw it. Helps balance the other dark colors!

Panel #4 of 5 is completed! This is the home stretch! I purchased my seaming and crochet finishing yarn this weekend at my fav LYS (Charlotte Yarn). It will be in Cascade 220 #8886 Italian Plum - a really pretty deep purple. I took a pic of my yarn cake but I couldn't get the true color to come thru no matter what the lighting was on it! Sigh...oh well. Even the pics on other yarn websites do not show a good depiction of the colorway!

I am really getting anixous about the ending of this project because:
#1. It has been a long process - but I have been enjoying the pleasure in the process :o)
#2. I am not all that comfortable with seaming and I would really hate to muck up all my blood, sweat in tears for the very end!
#3. I barely know how to crochet, and lets not talk about a "decent" crochet so to do the entire edge on such a big circumference is also freakin' me out! for the same reason I stated in the latter part in point #2 (please see above), and
#4. This whole "soak" process I need to do for this precious blanket is right up there on the list as part of the same reasoning again stated in point #2 :op
Special Thanks goes to Anna for calming me down by answering my zillion questions! :op And Spring for all of her finishing advice from her beautiful complete LR!

So wish me well to the finish line!! My next update on Lizard Ridge will be the finished product! Coming soon to a blog near you (late July)!

18 Comments:

  1. Jada said...
    Girl that is looking good and love the colors.All that long hard work payed off. Wow!!
    Adrienne said...
    I cant' WAIT to see it all finished up!!! It was fun talking with you this morning!!!
    Still Patrice said...
    I'm soooo happy you are almost finished! You have been plugging away at Lizzie for a HOT minute! :) Can't wait to see it all finished!!!
    Emily Scott Banks said...
    Wow - really beautiful!
    Sheila said...
    Wishing you well on the finish line... its looks great... love the color variations.
    KimT said...
    wow, that is looking great!

    Thanks for the tips on creating links. I am afraid I am a little slow and still have not figured it out!
    lola coca-cola said...
    So pretty!

    No, I didn't knit Nina's hat, it's a crocheted one I got at a street fair in northern cali for a dollar!
    Anonymous said...
    Deeeeeelish!!! Gosh Stacey, looking good! Now I cannot wait to get back from vacation to see your finished project! Blessings to you! Thanks Anna!
    Cass said...
    WOW it looks GREAT!!!
    SissySees said...
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello! That looks awesome. And the Hill Country yarn a couple of posts down looks great too. Yum!
    MrsPurls said...
    Girl, I can't wait to see the Lizard all finishe!! You've really put in some time and dedication!!
    Anonymous said...
    That thing is gonna be GORGEOUS with the purple. Even though the colors are more subdued, the Silk Garden is still yummy and gorgeous! GOOOOO Stacey! :-D You're more than welcome for the advice. It'll all come together real lovely. ;-)
    Spring said...
    I can not wait to see yours finished and you're making me want to do another in Silk Garden. The colours are wonderful!
    pamela wynne said...
    Oh, the colors are fantastic! Good luck in the home stretch -- the great thing about seaming is that it's easy to take out and start over. Way less commitment than knitting. :)
    Unknown said...
    Beautiful colors! No worries - you'll finish it up with no problems.
    Anonymous said...
    Wow, I can't believe how close you are to finishing. I can't wait to see this baby all done. The colors are absolutely gorgeous.
    Connie said...
    Your lizard is looking so wonderful! Don't be concerned about the crochet, as I am more than willing to help you with that. Me good at crochet...LOL

    The seaming will be time consuming but also very easy. Can't wait to see it in person!
    Jeanine said...
    It really is coming along quite nicely

Post a Comment