Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tasty Tuesday! Duex

Well I didn't anticipate posting today, but discovered my Secret Pal Pam (the one I spoiled a.k.a Flint Knits) posted up her final reveal package! Plus she has now stopped by to check out my e-digs :o)

So I can finally show you that yarn I was talking about last week! HABU!

In the stainless steel 69% silk and 31% stainless steel (proper name: A-21, 1/20 silk stainless B). Pam is in the Project Spectrum and for the month of June one of the colors was metallic. So I thought how perfect would that be, plus it was on her wish list too! ;o) Isn't it nice!!

This yarn has a memory to it and is a lace yarn. I have never purchased this yarn before, let alone knitted with it! LOL. Even Pam is wondering what she is going to knit with it! If you have any pattern suggestions please hit her up at Flint Knits to let her know! :op I will be waiting to see too!
From my understanding it is good to pair it with the Habu Shosenshi Paper. Lovely but I doubt if I will ever knit with it! Possibly their cotton but not the steel :o) Hence why I had to hold it in my hands for a little while and take beautiful pics of it!!! :oD

If you want to check out the other Secret Pal goodies I sent her you can click here.

I also have some nice 'store box' yarn (TLC Cotton Plus yarn) that I have already started to use on a project. See I am not a complete yarn snob! :op And it is going to be cute too! More about that soon!

In other goody news the Soapy Knitter strikes again! Last week I purchased some more of her luscious homemade soap that you all may have remembered in one of my earlier blog entries that I posted, or have been seeing on other blogs as well.
I purchased some of her yummy Cashmere facial soap (has oatmeal, honey, lavender, Ylang Ylang Clary Sage Essential Oils), Spring Garden (with Australian Clay, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lime, Orange, Rosemary and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils), Green Tea (with ground herbs for exfoliation), and Sensual (a combination of Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla and Lavender fragrances).

I just showered in the delicious Sensual soap this evening!! Mmh of course b/c my skin is sensitive I have to take it easy as how often I shower/use the fabulous soaps so they are definitely treats.

Rosi (Soapy Knitter) technically doesn't sell her soap anymore at this time, but some of us pulled her out of retirement this one time. Check her out! Not only does she make soaps but she is a talented knitter!

Alright that is it for now! Have a nice Independence Day!

12 Comments:

  1. funfairiegirl said...
    Pretty Habu!!!!

    Oh - and I posted pics today and there will be more tomorrow. So I don't want to here about how I don't spoil you rotten!!!
    Sheila said...
    Oh my silk/stainless steel thread... to die for... absolutely scrumptious.
    funfairiegirl said...
    ummmm...that shoudl be hear...not here. Apparently my brain only functions on one level - knitting. I was having the cast on itch and so I wasn't all there. now that I have sratched that itch my brain is on semi-full again.
    pamela wynne said...
    Mmm, what yummy soaps. And I love my yarn -- thanks again, Stacey!
    Adrienne said...
    Ohhh, very nice!!!!!
    Cas... said...
    Silk and Stainless steel yarn. That sounds very interesting. Maybe one day I will graduate!
    Robin said...
    Wow - the Habu is really unique looking, and sounds like it was a very thoughtful gift in light of your SP's Project Spectrum KAL! I'm not sure I'd really want to knit with it either, but it's different alright! Happy 4th!
    Anonymous said...
    Oh my, now that Soapy Knitter's soap is looking mighty tempting! I'm gonna have to go and order me some!!!

    You spoiled her SP really well! :-D

    That Habu yarn looks really interested. I'd never heard of it before until now!
    Reckless Glue said...
    gorgeous...I have been eyeing that stainless steel myself!
    Still Patrice said...
    Love the color! Very Pretty!!!
    Unknown said...
    Wow, aren't you a great Secret Pal! Habu was a great choice. I will recommend that Pamela make the Kusha Kusha scarf.
    Anonymous said...
    That is a TAAAALL cone of yarn!! It's beautiful. Wouldya believe I'm in NYC and haven't visited Habu yet? Go figure!! LOL

    Glad you're enjoying your soaps. Don't worry about the "sensitive skin". You'll be fine! :D

Post a Comment