Friday, July 06, 2007
Alright I finally have something actually seamed up! :op LOL
I do have one more thing that has been off the needles for awhile that so badly needs to be put together. It has been just sitting there for at least a month now! Hopefully I can show it all done next time. I don't have long because I need to get it mailed off very soon!
For now, I present to you my summer shrug!
Did this as a KAL with the Charlotte Purls knitting group. I always wanted a close fitted shrug to wear. I did knit up the Bobblicious shrug last winter but that is Bohemian style.
Needles: Addi US4
Time: My motto – As long as you make it. This shrug is really a quick and easy knit.
Modifications: None. Those with larger arms will definitely need to adjust the stitch count accordingly.
What I learned: Have done ribbing before but not 1x1 ribbing – good practice (must pay attention! LOL), and brushed up on my mattress seam. Very easy project – which was the whole purpose for mindless knitting! Noticed after the 3rd time wearing the shrug it started peeling and napping up….mmmh.
Verdict: I would have knitted this a tad bit longer to hit right at my elbows. It was tight to get on at first but it did loosen up a bit after I kept wearing it (but still have to do some light wrestling to get in it). I did hear that cotton does relax after awhile, and of course the ribbing expands it. We will see how it holds up after I wash it. It is very comfy because of the close fit. I would knit this up again.
Labels: Finished Objects