Friday, September 14, 2007

Spoiled Rotten!!

That is exactly how I feel!! As I sit here listening to the evening rain outside and smelling the delightful scent of coconut as I type this post.


I had a little heads up to be on the look out for this

YEP! Another package! LOL And this time I was not even expecting it!! This is from my THIRD Secret Pal #10 Angel!!! Are you kidding me?!?

So I opened up the package to find this c.u.t.e card! This is my 1st knitting greeting card!!! She took notice I am into cards like that (esp. knitting ones now)!! Isn't it adorable!

Inside the note reads:
I'm so sorry this took so long.
Sometimes getting to the post office is the hardest task on my list.
Out of guilt and with a sincere wish to make your Secret Pal experience better, I'm including a Cookie A sock pattern (*Insert here - CrimsonPurl beginning to squeal!*)
and some lovely Mountain Colors sock yarn in a rich red colourway (OMG!) that should suit you just fine (YES!!).
Have a blessed day and happy knitting!


I had no idea I would have 3 angels! Count them uno, dos, tres!
So I was clueless that I was suppose to be expecting another package. No apologies needed AT.ALL! I was just thrilled to get a surprise in the mail as far as I was concerned! This is awesome!!
Just wonderful!!
So as I tried not to rip thru the package! LOL I saw my coveted Cookie A pattern!!

And then pulled out all 350 yards of the very luscious Mountain Colors Hand painted Yarn in Ruby River!

Are you kidding me? That is some (very unnecessary) apology man!! Look at it!!

It is 60% superwash wool, 25% Mohair, and 15% Nylon. The color is much richer than the picture is showing and is uber soft! This will be my first time having Mountain Colors in my stash (that is slowly growing! :op)

As if this wasn't enough!! There was more!
I love burning oils (b/c they are smokeless and give off a nice long lasting scent), and even more so I love The B.ody Shop!!

How about Marin must have known I had wanted another oil burner (that ironically matches my home decor! Look at the cute droplet!!), ran out of tea lights LOL! Haha! AND that my favorite oil burning scent is coconut!! Dang she really does pay attention!! I LOVE IT!!! And I dare not forget the stylish post-it notes! Check them out! :o)


As I look thru my eight page Cookie A German Stocking pattern Haha!! (Ooh this is so when I grow up in knitting! Haha!) I discovered I missed something else!! Yep!


A second sock pattern called Waterfall. Ooh yeah this pattern is more my speed right now :op
And I also know what I will be knitting up with this beautiful Mountain Colors yarn now.

Marin Thank You for this WONDERFUL unexpected angel package!!

Everything was just perfect! What a wonderful way to kick off my weekend!

You have certified me as one spoiled knitter! :o) Thank you!

19 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Ok, it's time for me to sign up for a swap!!! Great package!!!
    Connie said...
    Swap angels are the best and I am so happy that you got an unexpected surprise, you deserve it! The color of that yarn is so you, and the sock pattern will be a fun knit for you.
    Kelly said...
    That yarn is so sick! Blood red is one of my favorite colors! You got a good secret pal.
    Wendy said...
    It would appear that things are looking up for you in the swapping world! I'm glad that you are being so spoiled... you deserve it girl!
    Anonymous said...
    I know what you're going to be doing this weekend, LOL. Great package! Have fun.
    turtlegirl76 said...
    You deserve an excellent angel after all the crap you put up with! Excellent package! I love that droplet. Body Shop you say?
    Still Patrice said...
    It's because you are so Gosh Darn Sweet! :-P
    Great gifts
    Cas... said...
    Beautiful yarn! I love it. You have a wonderful angel. I understand her having a hard time getting to a post office. I do the same thing! LOL!
    SissySees said...
    I love that card. Have you stopped petting the yarn yet? I can't wait to see the German Stockings. And you're not spoiled; you're pampered. My father used to correct people implying that I was spoiled. The different? You appreciate it. ;)
    Liz said...
    Wow! What a great package. Your angel must have been stalking you for a while...that yarn is just YOU!!!!!!
    Marin (AntiM) said...
    Yee-haw (as we say out here in the West)!

    I'm so glad I got it right. Enjoy and your constituency is right... you deserve it!

    XOXO
    Anonymous said...
    you made out like a bandit with your sp angels, girl!

    i know you must be loving the crimson yarn!
    pamela wynne said...
    ooh, the German Stocking pattern is a gorgeous one!! Lucky you. :)
    Jeanine said...
    WOW!!!! That's a pretty color. You are so lucky.
    Bianca said...
    Hi. I am one of the listmoms at Mittenskal. I approved your membership today. About the mystery kal: I usually hand out parts of the pattern on Mondays, and will repeat the previous parts as well. You can start then if you like :-)

    Welcome though, and if you have questions... don't hesitate to ask.
    KimT said...
    wow, great swap partners! you have been blessed!

    Thanks for popping in on my blog. Here is the pattern you were asking about:

    http://www.acmoore.com/Projects/yarnproject.asp?ProjectSubCategory_ID=18&ID=795

    you can also find it on Lion Brand's website.
    WandaWoman said...
    It's wonderful when you get an angel to take up the slack for a swap pal. That's truly a great package your angel prepared for you. So glad there was someone to take up that slack. I love the Body Shop incense/oil burner, that's really neat.
    Mama said...
    What a GREAT pachage! LOVE the yarn color :)
    Nik said...
    I want that oil burner.

Post a Comment