Monday, October 15, 2007

Good Peoples, Good Times!!

*Picture Loaded Post = Long Entry! :op*
My captions were too long for a slide show ;oD

I had such a great time with 5 beautiful Ebony Elite women on this past Saturday!
Michelle, Debora, Desiree, Nik, and Toni (not in this pic, but our hostess who set up our day!), and all met up in Greensboro to do some "yarnsploring" (I had to bite that word from Babbling Brook after reading her blog).
Our first stop was at Yarn, Etc. in downtown Greensboro (ironically this is the sister shop to the one I visited in Raleigh).




This is what the inside looked likeTowards the front of the store was all of the yarn, and they had one of the yarns I covet Manos del Uruguay in my fav colors! What can I make out of this y'all???

I did buy some goodies but it wasn't the Manos yarn.

In the back was the spinning area with lots of wheelsAnd where they also had lots of roving in bins and basketsSo we got a quick crash course of spinning! :o) (I am not remotely interested in doing this, but we all were eager to see it in action!)

Tina showed us how she fuses the wool fibers together

So of course a meet-up is not a meet-up unless there is good food!Ganache is a GREAT restaurant and bakery in Greensboro.

As soon as we walked in we saw this

Are you kidding me!?! We knew immediately that dessert was in our future! LOL We were salivating over it!

Michelle even had to get her quick work out in advance with the increasing anticipation of lunch! :oD She is so crazy! Haha!

Lunch was really good! I got my half sandwich and she crab soup (which we were turned on to trying it with a shot of sherry! It was the bomb!!). The soup was truly divine with fresh crab meat bits too.And Nik had some slammin' shrimp and grits!! I am so getting that the next time I am there.

Y'all know we had dessert! Ridiculous!!!

My Bailey's Caramel Crunch cake was delish!! Of course it was covered in ganache!! :o)We really really really enjoyed our lunch!! Haha! This is the only shot I have with all us in one pic. Even Toni's cute little daughter Lela was there!

We even liked the money tree that was up as art work near our table, and the art piece below reminded me of women "lunching", which was exactly what we were doing!

Great atmosphere and great food! It was GGgggreeeaaaatttttt!! :o)

We had to keep moving and "rolled" ourselves to the next yarn shop LOL!

This shop seemed to cater to stitching.

What is up with selling strands of yarn?? And there was actual yarn in the back.

They did have an entire wall dedicated to Noro so you know I was very pleased to see that! Haha!

But this visit was short and sweet as nothing really jumped out at us. I did see this sock yarn.

Have y'all heard of this before? It reminds me of the other yarn I covet the lovely Malabrigo.

Last stop was the This and That shop, and below is the entrance into the shop where most of the local knitters love to go for their yarn.and as soon as we walked in I discovered why it is called "This and That". They sell candles, jewelry, bags, and other items in the shop other than yarn.

I did grab a couple of balls of yarn to do another quick and easy project! ;o) But stumbled across this yarn

Have you all seen or used this yarn before? I love the mustard color but it is kinda of scratchy.

We really had a wonderful day "yarnsploring" and we can't wait to do it again soon! I am so glad I got to meet you ladies!!

36 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    YAY!! So glad you guys had a grate time! You just made me hungry thought! lol shame on you! LOL
    Anonymous said...
    Ah, I'm so jealous! No knit blogging friends live near me at all! I'm glad you all had a fabulous time. That food looked yummy!
    turtlegirl76 said...
    I'm sorry. I have to laugh at the "She-Crap" soup you had. Hahahahahaha!

    So wait - I know I should remember this but I just made a connection with something else. It was Yarns Etc in Raleigh where you got ignored?
    urbanknitrix said...
    It look like you all had fun!!! Beautiful black sistahs!!!
    Wendy said...
    Your yarnsploration looked like a lot of fun. I remembered to pack my camera for the yarn crawl that Sarah and I took, but we totally forgot to take any pictures! Altough I don't think they would have compared to yours anyway.
    Carmell said...
    now that looks fun. and i'm not even gonna comment onhow good lunch looks!!! shrimp and grits... hmm i don't know about that!
    Mama said...
    Jealous - I'm so jealous!

    ps: you are a brave woman wearing a LION BRAND YARN top to "real" yarn stores (don't think I didn't notice!)
    WandaWoman said...
    Dang, you guys had fun! You know you were wrong for showing us all that food at the restaurant though! She crap, hahaha! Sorry, my 11yo self is coming out.
    Sheila said...
    After reading your post - its like I was there with y'all... emerald eyes and all.... I am full from staring at the delicious lunch and totally in awe over the shops visited... what a Great Day... Thanks....lol
    SissySees said...
    Yarnsploration. Love it. Looks like a good time!
    Erica Bunker said...
    That looks like soooo much fun! I'm jealous!
    Cas... said...
    Now that's what I am talking about! A great time with buddies that share your hobby. That is the best! I am so glad you all were able to get together. It seems like a wonderful time. I hope you do it again!
    cpurl17 said...
    Cake..yarn...good friends--does it get any better than that?
    Liz said...
    Oh WOW!!!!! That cake looks fantastic, and the yarn's not bad either!!!!!

    Seriously, I am jealous that you have so many yarn shops to visit near you.

    I just bought some Malabrigo in shocking pink from Get Knitted. I love it. I found a great pattern on Ravelry for it too, the Princess Lace Wrap.

    Looks like you had such a great time! Lol, at you guys rolling from shop to shop after eating all that dessert!!!
    alisonmade said...
    That cake looks sooooo good! Oh, and the yarn, too. :)
    Anonymous said...
    Wow! Great, yummy pictures...yarn, dessert, goodies, food, shopping...mmm. =)
    BrownBerry said...
    You did an amazing job of chronicling this trip! Looks like a wonderful time. Glad I came by to catch up! :)
    diddlinaknits said...
    Wow!! How fun!! And i knew before i saw the cake pic a place with the name Ganache had to be awesome!! What a teaser with those cakes!!! And to think about an hour ago i drank a cup of hot chocolate to satisfy my chocolate craving-we have nothing in the house and then YOU HAVE DELISH CAKE PICS!!! I AM SO JEALOUS lol
    Glad you had such a great time!
    Connie said...
    Looks like you all had a fab time! Great pic's of everything and it felt like we were there with you, and I swear I could almost smell that good food.

    I also love the purse that was hanging on the Noro wall in that one shop! Too Cute! Will have to save that photo and try to find that pattern.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Robin said...
    Great pictures! Looks like fun, and the food looks and sounds sooo good - especially the crab soup and the desserts! Yum!
    tina said...
    What a fun trip! Thanks for the photos, I felt all warm and stuff just looking at the friends and yarn pics!

    Love the pre-lunch workout, looks very effective, especially looking at the cake. Gosh I love cake, have I mentioned that lately? :)
    Michelle B said...
    Looks like a great time! What fun!
    Kelly said...
    Fabulous! It looked like lots of fun! And that Ganache place looks delicious too.
    Dani said...
    See, I DO comment ;-) Let's not discuss the various things I am avoiding by doing so, though, ok? Reading and commenting are totally more fun then unpacking ANY day ;-)

    The trip looks like A LOT of fun!! The Rio de la Plata felts AMAZINGLY well - produces a nice firm fabric in minimal time (I made a small clutch type bag from it last year, and have another ball to make it again).

    And now, back to the boxes - I SO want this done *S*
    Unknown said...
    wow, look at you guys! Looks like you had fun day.
    Deborah said...
    Oh man, this post truly weirds me out! I did the same yarn crawl when I visited my son two weeks ago! I missed yall by 2 weeks! I didn't eat at the same place though, I did Fincastles a few doors down from Yarn Etc. The best cheeseburgers for 3 bucks evah!

    I'll catch up with you all eventually...
    Still Patrice said...
    Dang...that cake looks sooo good! *drooling*

    Glad yall have fun "yarnsploring" lol
    Anonymous said...
    Yay for a great time time with great friends. Now to hunt me up some cake!
    Anonymous said...
    Wow!!! What a wonderful time it seems you've had, how very, very great! I so enjoyed looking through all the pics - thanks ever so much for sharing them!
    Jada said...
    Girl you are always having a great time.Love the pictures you took.You all looked great!

    Wow the food looks wonderful!!I am loving all the yarn shops you guys went to.
    Anonymous said...
    i'm loving all those sweets at ganache! YUMMY!!!

    oh, the old g'boro, how i miss it!!! looks like y'all had a beautiful time! ROFL @ mrs. purls doing her pre-eating work-out!!!
    KelInCal said...
    Looks like y'all had a great time! Friends, food, yarn - you can't beat that!

    Now where can I get me some cake...
    KimT said...
    again, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!

    looks like a wonderfultime was had by all!
    Janet Richards said...
    Looks like fun! Simply Shetland looks scratchy but knits very nice. I'm making a scarf with it and it's much nicer than it looks on the ball. Give it a try on something small w/ not to much skin contact if you are nervous :)
    Jeanine said...
    What fun filled day. Food looked yum too!
    KNITFINITY said...
    I am so jealous....i wish I didn't live so far I would have been there.

Post a Comment