Saturday, October 06, 2007

Ms. Little Red Riding Hood

After my last disappointing finished object I needed a little boost in the knitting self-esteem department! :op Haha!

So I pulled out something that would be fast & easy. Well, ever since the month of May I was "supposed" to have made this cute little number as a quick KAL with Mrs. Purls and Turtlegirl. Some of you may remember reading on Turtlegirl's blog the "challenge" I served her just to egg her on! And she knew it and did it happily because her competitive spirit is something fierce! Haha! :op It was all in fun because we all knew I wasn't even going to knit it up right then! I hadn't even bought the yarn at that point.

I finally purchased the yarn back in July when my buddy Traveling Teddy was here with me and it just sat here waiting for this perfect moment!

~Project Details~

Pattern: Passin the Dress Code by Champagne Maker pattern available at my fav LYS Charlotte Yarn (you can actually call to order the pattern directly from there).

Needles: Denise US10 & US11 (oh my gosh I haven't knitted on those large size needles in forever! It felt weird at first Haha!)

Size: One size

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky #16011, 2 skeins (with some leftover)

Cost: $6 bucks for both balls of yarn (Yep!! I had a discount from my LYS for being a frequent shopper :op Haha!) $1 for the ribbons. This would normally be at least a $30 project!

I would definitely consider substituting the yarn for something like the new Bernat Cashmere natural blend line! Mmmh....but that might not be chunky enough...anyway

Time: This is a VERY quick knit! I loved it! It makes for a great "knit fix" only 37 rows! A few hours after work a few nights and you are done!

What I learned: My almost 1st cable project! (I actually have been working on a charity hat that I learned how to cable on) so you could say this is my 1st completed cable project.

And I was able to put my new harmony cable needle to use!
This will be marked in the books as one of my Fall Cable KAL 2007 items.

I also finally learned, all on my own, how to fix my stitches that I may have inverted (well with the wonderful assistance of the Knit Fix book :op). Gotta love it!

Modifications: None needed

You can switch out your ribbons to shake things up a bit! :oD

Y'all know I luvs me some red and chocolate together!

Verdict: Do it!! Yeah it is still in the mid-80s here and declared a drought (seriously) because we are in a major rain deficit....but it was great to still knit it up!

Renee and Fairiegirl both just finished their capelets too! :o) This would make great quick knit for gifts as well!

And here is my America's Next Top Knitter pose! ROTFL!! :oD
(I am learning from the best Ms. Erica!)

I call it my Ms. L.ittle (N.aughty) R.ed R.iding H.ood

27 Comments:

  1. cpurl17 said...
    Cute, cute, cute!

    Perfect for those times when you need just a little bit of warmth--like an overly AC'd movie theater or the office or on a date with Prince Charming where he takes you to a romantic outdoor restaurant..
    Adrienne said...
    Very cute!!!!!!!! Look at you!I have to try cables!!! LOL
    Erica Bunker said...
    Love that, is so cute! I love the photos too... pure hotness!
    SissySees said...
    Beautiful! Love the color and the cables.
    Anonymous said...
    Glad you knit this!!! It turned out great! I'll be glad when it starts to cool off around here...and get more rain!
    Still Patrice said...
    Alright nah, Miss. Little Naughty Red Riding Hood!! Lol cute!
    Sheila said...
    Love it and cables oh my!!! I must have that pattern. You did a great job and it's so cute in red.
    Twisted Knitter said...
    LOVE it, Stacey!!

    You naughty little rebel!

    What a great idea to have a little somethin' somethin' to wear over a tank!
    Michelle B said...
    OHH That is super cute! I happen to have 2 skeins of casmerino super chunky in my stash! HMMMMM
    tina said...
    Excellent job and tres chic! You did a wonderful job with your cables they look great and weren't they fun, fun, fun?????

    The fact that it was (sssshhhhhhhh) bargain priced is a bonus and a half!
    KelInCal said...
    What a cute little capelet! And well knit, too!

    That was a quick knit!
    WandaWoman said...
    You are all about the red, girlfriend! And it looks stunning on you. Great job! I'm sure that was a great little pick me up!
    Robin said...
    I absolutely LOVE that!! Red is definitely your color. I never tried putting chocolate with red together before, but I love it! Wow! I have to get that pattern. Those Harmony cable needles are awesome too.
    turtlegirl76 said...
    It looks fabulous on you! (no surprise there - you like red for a reason - it's a great color on you!)

    I love mine for the office. It's perfect for fending off the overpowering AC.
    Liz said...
    I love it!! And check out your gorgeous cables, you clever thing!!!!!! See, you're all set for the silver belle now!

    Red and chocolate are a match made in heaven too.

    Jealous at your being in the 80s. In the 60s here and WET!! I'd have to make a waterproof one :(
    Kelly said...
    Capelets aren't usually my style but I love the blood red yarn you chose for the project!
    Anonymous said...
    CUTE! I love the colors you chose. You look fab in your Naughty little cape, lol.
    CaveGurl said...
    I love it!! It's too cute! Quick knit projects are the best!!
    Jane Prater said...
    Very, very nice.
    Jeanine said...
    Red and chocolate make a great combination. The ribbon is a nice touch. You wear it well.
    diddlinaknits said...
    How cute!!! Great posing too! Hope to see you on ANTM next year and while your there you can convert all the other to the knitting world :)
    And your cables look great you have nothing to worry about when Silver Belle time comes :)
    Looks like the perfect quick pick-me up project :)
    Anonymous said...
    Nicely done! That last picture is really cute!
    Jada said...
    That is too cute!!We all need a quickie sometimes!!Haha
    a friend to knit with said...
    it is so cute! and you look beautiful in red!!!
    KimT said...
    so cute! i love your projects!
    Anonymous said...
    now i am lovin' this!!! that red suits ya girl! or should i be saying Crimson! :-D
    Janet Richards said...
    it is too, too cute!!!!! Love it!

Post a Comment