Friday, November 30, 2007

Before ODing on turkey, collard greens, yam, and dressing (not stuffing!), earlier this month I had a thing for this

Yum! Nice and wholesome!!

My brother got me started on this meal special. :oD I swear I ate this everyday for like two weeks! LOL I couldn't stop!

And I have been enjoying my ball winder! :o)

I have yet to use my swift. Because I've been too busy winding up regular balls of yarn into center pulls! Haha!
I just love making puurty yarn cakes!! :oD

This is the last day of the month, and guess who finally casted on last night for NOROvember!I had been wanting to do Norovember since I heard about it earlier this year, because as y'all know I just luv me some Noro.

I even remembered to sign up earlier this month and scouted out yarn and a pattern for my project. But I guess I really like the thrill of doing things last minute and just casted on! ;op It still counts as long as you CO in the month of November! Haha! :oD

See! Here is proof!
My wee beginnings of a cuff for a glove! ;op And the photo was taken with little light since it was all last minute too! :o

I tried the cuff on last night and discovered that I am going to have to go down in the size because I have very small wrists and want it snug. Also, I did not get gauge with this yarn, but insist on using the Shinano, so some adjustments are going to need to be made along the way for that. But I made it!!! Yah!!!

And in other fabulous news: Have you seen my new blog banner? :o)

I have been wanting to shake things up just a little bit, because I really do love the chocolate and red colors already here.

My talented friend Toni - TTD Creations designed my banner for me!! Check her out she loves to knit and crochet purses! Thank you Toni for my fabulous blog banner!

22 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    fabulous blog banner crimson. and I htink I'm going to be having that same meal very soon-looks really good when its so cold out here.
    Carmell said...
    Fab banner. i need me something cute!

    no tomatoe soup. my husband eats it like that... but i'll pass
    urbanknitrix said...
    One of my favorite meals. All winter long.
    Anonymous said...
    The new banner is great! I've been busy making yarn patties too... I used my new ball winder to wind off as I frogged something the other day, it worked so perfectly!

    ... hey, all of a sudden I can't enter my name and URL to comment =( I have to use blogger which doesn't link anywhere good.
    KnittyLynn said...
    There's nothing better than a freshly wound yarn cake. :)
    And she did a great job on your banner, love the colors!
    Don said...
    The banner is nice. Can you make me one? lol.

    And that grilled cheese sandwich also looks nice. That already lets you know I'm hungry
    SissySees said...
    Love the banner! Soup and grilled cheese is the way to go. We have it a couple of times each month when it's cold outside!
    Cas... said...
    I like your new banner. I am a bit of a fan of the chocolate color.

    I agree with you on the soup and grilled cheese. Very yummy!

    I see you are having great time with you yarn winder! Good for you!

    I can't wait to see norovember!
    Still Patrice said...
    Looka you, changing things up a bit huh?! Looks good!!

    Seems like we haven't talked in FOREVER!!!
    Unknown said...
    I love the new banner!!!

    Ok...the grilled cheese and tomato soup, just made me want it and I just ate...hmmm maybe for dinner...

    Have a good weekend!!
    Jada said...
    Love the banner!That meal looks good on cold winter day!I can't wait to see your project done.

    I would love to change my banner but I am not computer smart!
    Michelle B said...
    OHH OHH try the swift! It's so fun!
    Adrienne said...
    Ohhh you have balls now! LMAO! LOL, girl you make me SO sick! Guess what I want to eat now!!?!?!?!?!?
    cpurl17 said...
    Grilled cheese. yum!
    chicagopurl said...
    Girrrrlll, you think too much like me! The soup and grilled cheese is a staple in my house, and I now know I'm winding my balls of reg yarn correctly casue they look just like yours LOL!!! I think the kids and I are going to have that tonight for dinner - supposed to drop to 18 degrees tonight here in the CHI!

    Write me later!
    Knitaholictoo said...
    Lovin' the banner! I love my yarn winder! Rolling those yarns into balls was a mess for me, lol. I invested in a yarn meter! Girl, you can't stop me now!
    Octopus Knits said...
    Mmm... grilled cheese and tomato soup! I'm glad you're having with with your new ball winder, and the new banner is lovely - very nice!
    Janet Richards said...
    I like the banner! I can't wait to see the charlotte purls banner!

    I love tomato soup and grilled cheese too :)
    Dipsy Doodle said...
    Awww, that's an awesome blog banner - lookin' fantastic! And I also adore this pic of the tomato soup - my gosh, it's only 10 am here, but I'm already drooling all over ;) Yummy!!!
    Knitty Cent said...
    the new banner is fiyah, and it fits you too! :-D all you need is an elephant in there for your sorority and you're set! ;-)

    i'm kinda tempted to try that tomatoe soup and what appears to be a grilled cheese sandwich. Lord knows i love some grill cheese, LOL!

    that yarn for the norovember is gorgeous. better late than never!
    Anonymous said...
    Oh, I like the new banner with butterflies! Very original (unlike my standard typepad template, wah). And those gloves will be so cute! It knits up really nicely! I will have to check out the Shinano. So far I've been almost solely a Kureyon and Silk Garden/Lite girl, but this looks really pretty and tweedy. =D
    Ed said...
    Is that a toasted cheese sarnie and tomato soup?

    Makes me peckish just looking at it, in fact my salivary glands are in overdrive.

Post a Comment