Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sweethearts!

I had an awesome mail pick-up yesterday morning!
Granted.....I don't check my box often ;op So that may explain it! Haha

Two sweethearts sent me two fab fiber packages!!

Earlier this month Marin ran a Black Valentine Contest! ;op And everyone ended up being a winner!! YAH!

She asked me what my little heart would desire and of course I said Malabrigo!!! :oD

Ms. AntiM herself even went on a yarn scavenger hunt to find the colorway I was looking for and all! SWEETHEART!!

That is Sealing Wax which projects have already been pinpointed & yarn wound up for Malabrigo March!! ;o)

Also, waiting for me to pick-up was this great package from Emily for winning 2nd place in her Pearl's Diamond Sock contest.Yes, the Godiva box was such a tease!!!! :o) LOL

I got some fantastic O-Wool that is in the colorway of Balance in 50% certified organic merino & 50% certified organic cotton.....oooooh what to create out of this very unique yummy yarn! I will have to think on that to be sure I make the right choice!

Telmah was a SWEETHEART and also included some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in Glenwood! What a great yarn for great sock practice!!
Yes, I am really casting on for some very very soon! More to come ;o)

These are great yarns to kick-off some very nice spring knitting. It is just around the corner!

THANK YOU ladies for the great fiber packages!!

While I was at the mailbox I had some great mags too. Look who is on the Knit Pick's catalog mailing list now! I wonder why?!? Haha! ;op

And I finally got my IK spring issue (I am always the last one to get it despite my subscription!).
I only like one pattern in this entire issue! So nothing really pressing out of this one to me ;op

I probably won't renew my subscription, and just get it in the box stores with my 40% off coupons :o)

But I will more than likely pick up another one that I really like...Simply Knitting! Check them out!
Great British mag that has little gifts with each issue!!

Alright, y'all have a great weekend because I am about to be out and about having fun with the CIAA tournament in town!! WOOT! WOOT!

27 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Ohhh great goodies! I'm mad at that box lol
    urbanknitrix said...
    Lovely gifts!! You know that is why I dont have a subscription to any of the magazines, it is hit or miss. I love Creative Knitting Mag too. I go to the store and look at the magazines and then buy them. I bought the IK mag only because maybe later on I might like something and I am not paying $5 for a pdf of 1 pattern. Is it me or does that seem too high.
    Anonymous said...
    Wow! I'd go to the mailbox more often with results like that. Good for you!
    Anonymous said...
    I always get my IK really late, too.
    Jeanine said...
    You get the nicest packages!
    QueenDBW said...
    Nice boxes!! I would have expected at least ONE piece of chocolate in that last box ;D

    I agree IK is kind of hit or miss, but I generally like Creative Knitting. I also get Vogue Knitting...gives me something to dream about...LOL!!!
    Nelly Knits said...
    That's a wonderful mailbox surprise...seeing the malabrigo makes me wanna stop at my LYS on my way home today...but i'm gonna exercise self control....at least i think i will...we will see.
    Anonymous said...
    Pretty colors!
    Cas... said...
    You lucky woman! I wish I could get a wonderful box like that in the mail.
    tina said...
    You are amazing, I don't think I know anyone else in the knitterly world that hauls in more goods than you! Geez!!!!

    Lucky and lovely!

    Re: IK----- I am bummed as well. I had viewed the peek online, and had to make two trips to Borders for it as I don't subscribe. I got it home with much glee and have to tell you, it just kind of left me sitting by the side of the road!!

    Enjoy your goodies!
    Sheila said...
    Ooooh yummy chocolate...uh I mean yarn..lol. Enjoy the CIAA tournament.
    Robin said...
    Great packages! I agree on this issue of IK - nothing wowed me!
    diddlinaknits said...
    yay-gotta love the goodies. You got some great yarn. i think its so funny that you rarely check your mail-i can never wait for my mail to come everyday even if it is just junk lol.
    Jada said...
    OMG what a wonderful gift you received!!I am really loving that red yarn!!Can't wait to see what you are going to make!!:)
    Anonymous said...
    I'm always at the mailbox, too--I never get tired of finding yarn in it!
    Anonymous said...
    Congrats on all the great loot. I especially love the red Malabrigo! Yum.
    Janet Richards said...
    What a great mail run!!!!! I've always wondered what owool was like. You have to pick a great project for that yarn. And Yeah!!!! You got your red malabrigo!!!! I know you are a happy gurl!
    Emily said...
    You are such a lucky lady!
    Don said...
    Youre always getting a package in the mail. Im so jealous.

    *taking my yarn and going home*
    Jane Prater said...
    What is Malabrigo March? I think I need to be in on this. Have my loafer pattern; waiting for Charlotte Yarn shipment.
    Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...
    It's so fun getting gifts in the mail! You got some great stuff :D
    Knitaholictoo said...
    Ain't love grand!!! Ditto on the IK! It was kind of a snooze fest. I bet I'll find something when I get back to it with fresh eyes.
    Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...
    Wow. I wanna get your mail. The yarny part anyway!!

    Did you know that new UK subscribers to Simply Knitting get a FREE copy of a certain sock book?? Too cool!! I am a FREEBIE!
    k_purls2 said...
    OK, I need your mailbox!
    J.P. said...
    What a mail haul! I wish I got such cool goodies in the mail!
    Marin (AntiM) said...
    *mwah!*

    You're welcome!
    Liz said...
    Mmmmm, nice gifts! Malabrigo is so gorgeous. Now what will you knit with all that new yarn?????

Post a Comment